Who all would be interested.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who all would be interested..

April
02-14-2006, 17:01
in a Ladies Only Postal Match? We'd only do it quarterly so that all us busy ladies would have a chance to get out and shoot before the match deadline.

If this is something several of you would like to do, or if you'd be interested in helping out, let's hear it.

;f

Mrs. VR
02-14-2006, 17:09
I'm interested...just don't wanna make any promises I can't keep seeing as how we haven't made in the OAF one yet ;g How would you wanna run it? Honor system? Posting pics of results?

April
02-14-2006, 17:22
I reckon ya'll could mail 'em to me and I could scan 'em and post 'em up. Haven't figured out much in the way of specifics yet.. still open to ideas. ;f

Hopefully everybody can get to the range once every 3 months or so.

Mrs. VR
02-14-2006, 17:27
Originally posted by FF Wife

Hopefully everybody can get to the range once every 3 months or so. gosh, I'd like to hope so! ;P ;f

April
02-14-2006, 17:37
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
gosh, I'd like to hope so! ;P ;f

I'm as guilty as you.. not to worry. :cool:

LadyG23
02-14-2006, 17:51
What's a postal match?

DebraF
02-14-2006, 17:52
I'm game, who would set the COF?

Deb

April
02-14-2006, 18:02
Originally posted by LadyG23
What's a postal match?

It's a shooting match done via USPS. Someone posts rules, a target to be printed and a deadline. You go shoot the match and drop it in the mail by the deadline. The organizer scores the targets and posts results and pics if possible.

Look at it like a Ladies Night at your local range but you're shooting with women from all over the country. ;f

LadyG23
02-14-2006, 18:12
Hey that sounds really cool. I'd like to try if I can find a range by the time this is set up - I guess most any range will let you do this. I'm checking out a range this weekend, and will ask them.

Jaegergirl
02-14-2006, 19:12
sounds like fun (even though i'm not the best shot). i might be interested. we are boycotting the range (the only one around us) so i'd have to think about lifting the boycott for this event....or maybe i'd go to my grandparents farm and shoot. i guess it will depend on when the deadline is.

April
02-14-2006, 19:15
Deadline wouldn't be until like April 15.. ;f

rnchick
02-14-2006, 19:17
That would be fun...I'm not the best shot either...but it still would be fun to see how bad I am!

Jaegergirl
02-14-2006, 19:20
Originally posted by FF Wife
Deadline wouldn't be until like April 15.. ;f

oh gosh, that would be plenty of time. :)

p.s. DebraF, is that your pup in your avatar? if so, nice lookin' pup you got there. how old? april.my guy (http://www.firstclassaquatics.com/Photos/acesfadetoblack.jpg) will be 4 in april.

Mrs. VR
02-14-2006, 19:21
I pretty much suck, but I love it anyway;f One note, our ranges around here tend to be pretty strict. You cant draw from a holster at some of them, and DEFINITELY no moving while shooting.;P

April
02-14-2006, 19:22
The goal is to go out and shoot and have fun. The idea is to get better and more confident w/ our guns.

Don't let the "I'm not a very good shot" excuse keep you from having fun. ;f

Jaegergirl
02-14-2006, 19:23
You cant draw from a holster at some of them, and DEFINITELY no moving while shooting.;P

good point. i just remembered that's how it is at the range i'm boycotting. i may just have to head out to the farm then. :)

rnchick
02-14-2006, 19:24
I'm so new to this whole thing - I don't have any kind of holster set up yet. MY range will allow that, but I just haven't bought that yet. I haven't found one that I thought would work for me either...

April
02-14-2006, 19:25
I pretty much suck, but I love it anyway;f One note, our ranges around here tend to be pretty strict. You cant draw from a holster at some of them, and DEFINITELY no moving while shooting.;P

No "tactical" stuff.. I promise. Anything I put together will be from low ready. Lookin' at mostly different target styles, ranges and maybe times. :cool:

Jaegergirl
02-14-2006, 19:27
Originally posted by rnchick
I'm so new to this whole thing - I don't have any kind of holster set up yet. MY range will allow that, but I just haven't bought that yet. I haven't found one that I thought would work for me either...

i'm holsterless as well. guess it gives me a reason to get one though.

DebraF
02-14-2006, 19:42
Originally posted by Jaegergirl
oh gosh, that would be plenty of time. :)

p.s. DebraF, is that your pup in your avatar? if so, nice lookin' pup you got there. how old? april.my guy (http://www.firstclassaquatics.com/Photos/acesfadetoblack.jpg) will be 4 in april.

That is my girl she will be 3 this may. Her full name "Gretchen St. Pauli Girl" and a whole lot about her sire "big boy"...lol. She is my constant companion. You have a beautiful Rott, simply gorgeous.

Deb

Jaegergirl
02-15-2006, 05:09
Originally posted by DebraF
That is my girl she will be 3 this may. Her full name "Gretchen St. Pauli Girl" and a whole lot about her sire "big boy"...lol. She is my constant companion. You have a beautiful Rott, simply gorgeous.

Deb

thanx. "maverick" (registered name "aces fade to black") is my shadow, too. he's such a goofball. :)

G30Jack
02-17-2006, 05:54
Everyone knows chicks can't shoot...^<wg ^<wg

#wav Hi Shar-Shar

DepChief
02-17-2006, 07:07
Originally posted by G30Jack
Everyone knows chicks can't shoot...^<wg ^<wg

#wav Hi Shar-Shar

Someone has to clean the range!

Morning Ladies!#wav

Mrs. VR
02-17-2006, 07:39
ok Jack, but who has the bewbies? ~eb

;f

Lynn D
02-17-2006, 08:24
I'm game. Sounds like a good way to challenge myself.

Fortunately, my range allows draw from holster at the "action" range, for which I'm certified. Now, if it's not too cold/snowy.....

As for the pups and other photos, I just have to find a good avatar for me....

Happy shooting, ladies.

Lynn

April
02-17-2006, 09:04
The match has been put together and is posted.. any questions let me know.

;f

Vic303
02-21-2006, 09:50
Sounds like fun & I hope to participate in the first one.

Armed&Feminine
02-21-2006, 12:05
That sounds like fun. If you can it would be nice to see some of them posted here, and not just the best ones but a representation of the collective skill levels. I know most of the women here will blow me out of the water and it would be nice to see the 'beginners' level too. :)

April
02-21-2006, 14:21
Originally posted by Armed&Feminine
That sounds like fun. If you can it would be nice to see some of them posted here, and not just the best ones but a representation of the collective skill levels. I know most of the women here will blow me out of the water and it would be nice to see the 'beginners' level too. :)

I was hoping to be able to post everybody's targets. That is if it's alright...

;f