Your rights to control your medical records in the military? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Your rights to control your medical records in the military?

TED
02-16-2006, 20:34
Hi. I was planning to enlist. It didn't happen. MEPS and the recruiter have my medical records. I want them back. Is there any way that I can force MEPS and the recruiter to turn over all my medical records back to me?

TED

Crazy Ed
02-17-2006, 02:43
Tell them to make a copy and give you back the original. Did you ask for them back and they refused?

Ed

TED
02-17-2006, 02:57
No, they have not refused though I anticipate it. I do not want them to have a copy.

What are my options?

TED

Crazy Ed
02-17-2006, 03:25
I would just tell to you need them back for your Primary Care Physician. After all, it wasn't their record to start with. My fear would be that they may have trashed it already.

Fred Hansen
02-17-2006, 03:48
Originally posted by TED
No, they have not refused though I anticipate it. I do not want them to have a copy.

What are my options?

TED If you didn't want them to have a copy, you shouldn't have given them a copy. You can probably get what you gave them back, but no doubt they will keep a copy for their records. Sounds like you need the help of a lawyer.

DriBak
02-24-2006, 14:47
They are your records but any copies you gave them are now part of your 201 file