02-20-2006, 19:08
Now, these are American motorcycles.
;?
http://www.motoczysz.com/
http://www.fischer1.com/
http://www.roehrmotorcycles.com

gixxer11
02-21-2006, 06:44
Yes sir! Now if they could produce it at a cost I could afford. Even something like the Triumphs. They just have to perform close to the Japanese counterpart to get me to buy. Eventually they could meet or exceed, but in the begining... Gawd, anything but some Harley powered $#!+box. American sportbike buyers WANT MODERN EQUIPMENT!!!! The whole bike, designed as a sportbike, not just a frame. Now before all the Buell and H-D guys start going off on me, ride what ya like, but I am not alone feeling like this. Who wouldn't want to see an American machine be able to compete with the WORLDS best, on the track and on the showroom floor? A real sportbike, not some niche bike with "character"!

fnfalman
02-21-2006, 12:10
The Motorcyzs C1 prototype was tested several times before and looked quite promising.

The Rhoer is more of my style, albeit a bit conservative with the engine output. Still, a low 300-lbs, 120-hp/72-lbft bike can do a lot of damage. Not to mention that it has the clean Ducati-esque look. Hey, nothing wrong with taking some notes from a manufacturer who knows how to make beautiful bikes.

Yank off the fairings, give me a nice handle bar and I'll buy it!!! New straight out the side dual exhaust, higher compression pistons, Power Commander and it'd be naked mutha American style ~woohoo~ ;?

epsylum
02-21-2006, 19:13
That fischer looks sweet, too bad it has a Korean engine. It would be better if it was 100% American.

Cryptoboy
02-23-2006, 11:36
So, are any of these bikes available?

I think any of these manufacturers, unless they have some deep pockets, would have problems competing with the current line of sportbikes. Maybe knock Buell down some (or make them produce different bikes), but probably not make a huge dent in the japanese sportbikes. Unless they were selling for substantially less than the competition.

Victory's a good example of this. They build some nice bikes (test rode the Vegas and the Kingpin), but it's hard to justify paying that much for them until they've built a larger network. Same with Indian when they came back, beautiful bikes, but mostly just Harley parts (that weren't put together very well, I heard alot of Indian riders having problems). As much, sometimes more than the Harleys, for less reliability and dealers.

I like the Roehr bike though, it is Ducati-esque! Would be a fun bike to own!

fnfalman
02-23-2006, 12:50
That's the problem with a lot of these companies. They have big dreams but can't deliver. And I know that it's tough to break into the market. I wish them luck and if and when there's an actual product coming out with some independent testings involved, I'd be interested in buying one.

NMGlocker
02-23-2006, 17:02
What I'd LOVE to see is Buell break away from H-D and get Rotax to source their engines.
Just think, Buells handling and light weight, and a solid modern V-twin or inline 4. That would be a formidable "American" sportbike.
Anyone remember the old ATK dirtbikes? Cool inovative American engineering with a solid Rotax engine.

epsylum
02-23-2006, 17:11
Originally posted by NMGlocker
Anyone remember the old ATK dirtbikes? Cool inovative American engineering with a solid Rotax engine.

Remeber?

They are still around. They bought up all the Cannondale stuff when they went under (another good american design that died right as it was catching on, especially the quads).

http://www.atkusa.com/

They also have a 700cc 2-stroke ;P

http://www.atkusa.com/ProductsIntimidator.aspx

NMGlocker
02-23-2006, 18:44
Cool.... I haven't been into dirtbikes in so long I thought ATK had died and blown away.
I'm glad they are still kickin.
That 700cc 2-stroke would be wicked in a racing quad.

gixxer11
02-23-2006, 19:00

That 700cc 2-stroke would be wicked in a racing quad.

Oh yeah! But have you ridden a cannondale (quad or bike)? Some of the nicest machines EVER! The build quality, performace, engineering, are top notch. They are TRUE racing machines, built for one purpose. I can tell you this because I've had several engines completely apart. The engine architechture made the other bikes look like briggs&stratons. I can not say enough good things about them, performace wise. Ahead of their time, just with out the big money company to back the product up. A real shame.

NMGlocker
02-23-2006, 20:30
Unfortunately for Cannondale, reliability was so-so. At the dunes, I never saw a Cannondale make it all day without being towed back to camp due to a problem of one type or another.
They got a bad reputation.

epsylum
02-23-2006, 22:42
Unfortunately for Cannondale, reliability was so-so. At the dunes, I never saw a Cannondale make it all day without being towed back to camp due to a problem of one type or another.
They got a bad reputation.

I think a lot of that was due to a few parts in the fuel injection IIRC.

ATK fixed a lot of the issues Cannondale had on thier bikes/quads. I read an article that listed the changes, all were small but were directly aimed at making it usable and reliable.

Too bad Dinli wound up with the Cannondale designs and ATK only got the warehouse or 2 full of parts. Dinli keeps saying they are going to bring out a new quad based on the Cannondale design, but I have yet to see anything that looked anywhere near production.

I wish ATK could have got the whole shebang and kept the project in country. It was an EXCELLENT start for a competitive US bike/quad.

gixxer11
02-24-2006, 07:39
I agree, thats why I had several apart. But given time, I'm sure they would have gotten it figured out.