Cleaning diamond plate - Revisited [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning diamond plate - Revisited

nam02G
02-21-2006, 09:19
You guys might remember a couple months ago when I asked about cleaning methods for diamond plate. Well, I discovered something yesterday that I would like to pass on. Awhile back I read in a magazine a tip for cleaning toilets. The tip was to through a few vitamin C tablets in the bowl, let it sit for a couple hours and it would dissolve the mineral buildup. Well, I tried it and although it didn't work quite as well as advertised it did work. I got to wondering if it would work on the diamond plate too. Yesterday while I was on shift I ground up some some vitamin C tablets and mixed the powder into a paste. I then spread the paste over a very dirty section of running board and let it sit for an hour or so. After I remembered that I'd done it I went out and scrubbed the area with a stiff brush. I now have a section of running board that gleams like new. I don't know if this is etching the metal in any way but it sure looks good for the short term. Just thought I'd pass along what I found.