Antique and Modern Firearms SUCKS..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Antique and Modern Firearms SUCKS.....

bruce21b
02-23-2006, 18:10
this is the only store in Lexington that stocks .357SIG ammo in WWB...bought me a new G31 last week and i knew that SIG ammo costs about as much as 45ACP...

last time i went in there about two weeks ago they had .357SIG WWB for 15.50 a box, went in today and POW, its jacked-up to 18.50 a box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guy behind the counter says "oh yeah, ammo is getting more expensive......." WHATEVER...

Looks like i will be joining the masses and buying online...the heck with this "support the local gunshop" crap!!!! can buy online for almost half what those thugs charge...Antique and Modern, no more business from me!!!!!!:soap:

fomeister
02-23-2006, 19:23
Well take it directly from the guy behind the counter, we don't always get it at the same price. We paid $3 more per box for it than the last time we bought it. You got the last 3 boxes at the lower price, when we could have remarked it all at $18. I suppose it is better business to talk trash on the internet than to sell ammo at market price, but this time you didn't do it in anonymity.

Rikki
02-23-2006, 19:37
"half what those thugs charge"
well,that's a refreshing way to refer to a business owner...
Just so we all know- what did the "thug" do to make you buy it???
Twist your arm? kidnap your kid? threaten to burn down your house"
what did the "thug " do????

fomeister
02-23-2006, 19:43
You know how us thugs operate. LOL. We just open the doors, stock products no one else locally will, price them, and accept payment for them. That is just thug-like as hell. Now I can sing Thuglife, Thug Holiday, and many other songs referring to thugs I don't even know about yet.

KYgundoc
02-23-2006, 19:52
I hope you like mail order because now it may be all you have. take it from someone who knows. Burning your bridges leaves you stuck on one side of the river.

domzilla9
02-23-2006, 21:25
Awww, heck, I'll be nice. I've sold almost forty copies of Winchester: An American Legend by R.L. Wilson in the last year. The first 10 that I bought came in at 8.00, my cost. The next batch of 10 came is at 7.00. Then the price for the third batch jumped to 15.00 and the last ten that I bought (in three separate orders) cost $27.00 each!!! Note that these prices are not inclusive of freight to my business. My retail price went from 20.00 each to $40.00. It doubled in less than a year. I am not Walmart and I can't offer you a consistent pricing regardless of what my cost-of-goods is. And Antique & Modern does a hell of a lot more volume than I do.

The Walmart 2 miles across the Ohio sells 9mm Blazer Brass 115 gr for less than $4.00 a box. I cleaned them out when I made an emergency ammo run there for Sportshooters on the day of the GSSF match. Tempted by the price, I went to a Walmart on my side of the river and priced the same stuff. It's almost $6 a box here.

I guess if I didn't have a clue about how retail works I'd get my panties in a wad and get on the internet and try to trash talk somebody. Fortunately I was raised better than that.

Bruce21b here is some free advice: grow the F up.

domzilla9
02-23-2006, 21:45
Foemeister,

Have the prices on Perazzi's gone up lately?

fomeister
02-23-2006, 22:05
LOL. Interesting that I just bought 4000 Zero bullets from Shooter's Connection because his prices are going to increase on the next shipment. I didn't get all bent out of shape, I understand that all metal prices are fluctuating and trending up, and that affects things made from metal.

Perrazi's, Dom, getting cheaper every minute. Guerrini, Rizzini, Merkel, all getting cheaper. LOL.

I even paid $7 for a meal at Arby's today, WTF?, I thought that same meal used to be $5. Those thugs at Arby's.

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 00:34
Hey man I just sold a book on eBay for $3 more than I sold the last copy for!

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

KYglockers
02-24-2006, 00:38
DOM, market prices for my BUMPS have gone UP..........$4.99. I think thats a fair price. PM me if you would like a bump.:) ;e :cool: ;g ;c BTW, DOM, I need ur #, as I've lost it in the move!

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 00:42
Awww maaaaaan, I done puhaid you $1.99 ea for the last ten bumps you sold me! Can't you give me some kind of "smart ass" discount?

Hell I'll just pay some Indian kid who lives under a wooden bridge over a sewer in Calcutta $0.0125 for my bumps. He takes paypal.

KYglockers
02-24-2006, 00:48
I just realized my previous post had nothing to do with the original thread.... SOOOOOOO, I recommend not shooting .357 sig. simple.

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 00:52
Like you have to be some sort of brain surgeon to figure out that one should not buy a weapon chambered in tree-fiddy-sigly and plan on being able to feed it cheaply unless one reloads or gets free pratice ammo as a LEO.

Duh. ^7

KYglockers
02-24-2006, 00:58
The Loch Ness Monster once asked me for "a tree fitty" ;e ;e ;a

Terminator
02-24-2006, 03:48
Bruce
Im surprised to hear that from you bro. Youve been pretty cool and level headed on many subjects before, but i think the thing you need to look at is that 357 sig ammo is about as easy to find as .45 GAP, and you gonna pay dearly for it when you do. Its just a simple fact.

I personally love A&M!
They take good care of me and if you let them, they will you too.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 05:42
fellas, fellas, fellas!!!!!

if i wanted to listen to a bunch of smart-aleck remarks i would have just called up my ex-wife and told her about it!!!!!

seriously...i did not mean to offend anyone here, i was just venting....

i can see maybe a fifty cent increase in the price of a box, but THREE bucks, come on'!!!!!!! Eighteen bucks for a box of 50 WWB!!!!!

and yes i will be happy if "mail order is all i have"....the internet has become the new sales medium for everyting from real estate to chewing gum....

why in the world would i want to pay DOUBLE at a local shop when i can save a ton of money ordering online???? i dont know about you all, but my wallet dictates where i buy things...

What i would really like to see is Wal Mart begin to stock .357SIG and i have spoken to the store manager about it and hopefully they will stock it soon.....

and FOMEISTER, im sure this is not the first time you have gotten complaints about your prices, and if you were the guy that sold it to me I told you to your face that your prices are too damn high!!!!!!!!!!

Again, if i offended anyone, sorry......just putting my 2cents out here....Glock on...
:cool:

fomeister
02-24-2006, 06:53
It appears that you still think I have lied to you, and I don't appreciate that at all. I hate rude behavior in a man. I checked in the last shipment of ammo, and many prices were higher than what we were previously selling it for. We buy stuff, sell it, buy more, and sometimes we pay more. If we bought a truckload of .357Sig ammo a year ago, then it would still be less expensive. The online guys will have to go up at some point too. I was the guy who sold it to you. You asked about the difference, and I explained it. I don't recall you saying anything about the prices being too damn high, but I won't call you a liar because I had a lot of other things going on when you were there. I hope to never see you again, simple as that. Anyone who has ever been a merchant will understand it. A&M has a 32 year history of good customer service, something you obviously don't understand or care about. There is no conspiracy to charge you more for your ammo.

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 06:57
Bruce,

If you really didn't mean to offend anyone then you wouldn't have posted a thread with the subject line "A&M Firearms SUCKS" in a forum that you know to be frequented by employees of the shop and friends of the shop. So don't try to be a wiseacre and tell us that you didn't mean to offend anyone when you obviously did.

So you'll pay half online huh? Well I'd like to know where you can buy WWB 357 Sig for $9 before or after shipping.

And congratulations on your new found business relationship with your local Walmart manager. I'm sure that he'll be able to get that .357 Sig order fulfilled in no time you'll be happy as a clam knowing that you do business with the one company that can deliver commmodities to you at the lowest price price. My, what a saavy shopper you are!

But please, do yourself and everyone else a favor. Don't darken the door of any other local reputable businesses and then come here with your uninformed petty complaints. As you've said, your wallet does your thinking for you and you see all transactions involving firearms and firearm accessories as commodities and don't require anyone's expertise to help you make purchasing decisions or other choices about your hobby and personal defense. So, Bruce21B, the last place you need to be is at the counter of a locally owned and operated business, because you clearly have no appreciation for what they have to offer you, or what you pay for when you make a purchase there. You're better off always sticking your head in the mega-trough of cheap chinese crap with a square mile of of asphalt surrounding it.

Rubes such as yourself are happiest when you get low low everday prices on your everyday goods, rung up and delivered to you people who know little and couldn't care less about what you need or maintaining a long term business relationshp with you, as an individual. And when the well runs dry and their prices on the goods that you once bought so cheaply have suddenly doubled, you may try to come here or somewhere else and cry about how you're being put upon by thugs and bandits in hopes of getting a little sympathy. But I doubt that you will.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 07:20
http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm

nuff' said..........

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 07:23
What am I missing here?

http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_357_sig.htm

Federal/Speer =! WWB, last I checked. Rube.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 07:25
Originally posted by domzilla9
Bruce,

If you really didn't mean to offend anyone then you wouldn't have posted a thread with the subject line "A&M Firearms SUCKS" in a forum that you know to be frequented by employees of the shop and friends of the shop. So don't try to be a wiseacre and tell us that you didn't mean to offend anyone when you obviously did.

So you'll pay half online huh? Well I'd like to know where you can buy WWB 357 Sig for $9 before or after shipping.

And congratulations on your new found business relationship with your local Walmart manager. I'm sure that he'll be able to get that .357 Sig order fulfilled in no time you'll be happy as a clam knowing that you do business with the one company that can deliver commmodities to you at the lowest price price. My, what a saavy shopper you are!

But please, do yourself and everyone else a favor. Don't darken the door of any other local reputable businesses and then come here with your uninformed petty complaints. As you've said, your wallet does your thinking for you and you see all transactions involving firearms and firearm accessories as commodities and don't require anyone's expertise to help you make purchasing decisions or other choices about your hobby and personal defense. So, Bruce21B, the last place you need to be is at the counter of a locally owned and operated business, because you clearly have no appreciation for what they have to offer you, or what you pay for when you make a purchase there. You're better off always sticking your head in the mega-trough of cheap chinese crap with a square mile of of asphalt surrounding it.

Rubes such as yourself are happiest when you get low low everday prices on your everyday goods, rung up and delivered to you people who know little and couldn't care less about what you need or maintaining a long term business relationshp with you, as an individual. And when the well runs dry and their prices on the goods that you once bought so cheaply have suddenly doubled, you may try to come here or somewhere else and cry about how you're being put upon by thugs and bandits in hopes of getting a little sympathy. But I doubt that you will.

ive been called worse by better people than you, mate!!!!!

ill bet you make a great target when you walk onto a used car lot looking for a ride.....

and dont worry mr A&M, you wont see me at A/M anymore..Ill be buying my guns at Buds or Evans right down the street for about $50 cheaper, makes my wallet feel better....

Adios'

IBTL......

Rikki
02-24-2006, 07:26
Shame on you guys- you're getting off the subject.
I wanna know exactly what the THUG did to make the guy buy the ammo.
ps...
You can goto WalMart and order ammo- even .357sig- they got a cataloge(Fr Spelling) from Win and Rem suppliers.
Now I'M getting off the subject! Back to the THUG thing...

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 07:27
Obviously, Bruce21b is of a species that is not susceptible to their Jedi mind tricks.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 08:34
Originally posted by Rikki
Shame on you guys- you're getting off the subject.
I wanna know exactly what the THUG did to make the guy buy the ammo.
ps...
You can goto WalMart and order ammo- even .357sig- they got a cataloge(Fr Spelling) from Win and Rem suppliers.
Now I'M getting off the subject! Back to the THUG thing...

Wow, really, i didnt know that....since i already spoke to the
manger last night said there would be no problem in ordering it for me and stocking it if there is enough demand for them..

now i have two sources for cheap ammo, wal mart and the internet....ahhhhh life is good!!!!! ;f

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 08:39
I asked the manager at the Walmart on Veteran's Parkway across the river if he could order me three cases of the 9mm Blazer Brass that they had priced at less than $4 a box and he said that he couldn't order ANY ammuntion. I guess he was just lazy.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 08:58
What am I missing here?

http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_357_sig.htm

Federal/Speer =! WWB, last I checked. Rube.

Last time i checked, FMJ loads are usually the same between vendors, i cant tell any differnce between WWB, Federal or speer for target loads, DOPE!!! the only difference is about $10 a box cheaper than our friendly, local, "you need to support the local guy" store...LOL

IBTL

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 09:00
Originally posted by bruce21b
[B]Last time i checked, FMJ loads are usually the same between vendors, i cant tell any differnce between WWB, Federal or speer for target loads,

That pretty much says it all right there, doesn't it? ;Q

You're comparing a "per box" price to a case price. I'm sure that you frequent liquor stores often so perhaps you can tell me where I can buy a half pint of Old Forrester (a hp is my bag limit unless I'm shooting clays with the VP) at the same cost per ounce as if I am buying a case of quart bottles?

You're also comparing the pricing structure of a small store in KY to an ammuntion outlet in New Jersey. You like sending your money to New Jersey? They have such great gun laws there and it's a really progressive state. I can guarantee you that when Ammo man's current .357 sig supply runs out and he restocks at a higher price you'll be paying a higher price to. What does Ammoman do for you other than sell you ammo? Anything? I've bought ammo from him and he's never done anything for me other than deliver exactly what I ordered on time which I guess is a pretty darn good deal.

Look, if you seriously expect any local store to be able to beat or even come near the price per box of boutique ammo (which is what your .357 sig ammo is btw, and no, Walmart WON'T be getting it in stock for you) compared with case pricing online you're out of your freaking mind.

What do you do for a living? Government work?

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 09:08
That pretty much says it all right there, doesn't it? ;Q

what do you keep babbling about????

WWB=Federal FMJ=UMC FMJ=Speer FMJ

ammoman sells them for about $10/50....what is your point, moron????

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 09:13
response above.

mitchshrader
02-24-2006, 09:22
i don't even shoot the .357 SIG round.

i will say that the expectations of service have changed a lot, with the internet as the baseline.

brick and mortar stores can't compete with nationwide internet searches for price and availablility.

they also can't do instant price changes as easily.

I don't buy guns from any of my local stores.

transfer fees, 8.5% tax, and STUPID gun store employees..

(no, they're not all stupid, it's just the average) ..

they're misinformed on the law, they're rude, arrogant, and
unwilling to provide service for the profit they charge.

now, i don't proclaim it's ALWAYS like that, or everywhere it's the same..

but the AVERAGE gun show sucks, the AVERAGE local gun store sucks, and the AVERAGE internet sale is painless.

i'll go where it doesn't hurt.

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 09:26
Mitchshrader, that is unfortunate for you. I feel your pain as I think that my city has a real dearth of gun stores that offer large selection of quality firearms and accessories AND have a knowledgeable and helpful staff.

But A&M in Lexington KY ain't the average gunstore anymore than Bruce21b is the average customer. The vast majority of people are decent and reasonable folk.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 09:28
Originally posted by mitchshrader
i don't even shoot the .357 SIG round.

i will say that the expectations of service have changed a lot, with the internet as the baseline.

brick and mortar stores can't compete with nationwide internet searches for price and availablility.

they also can't do instant price changes as easily.

I don't buy guns from any of my local stores.

transfer fees, 8.5% tax, and STUPID gun store employees..

(no, they're not all stupid, it's just the average) ..

they're misinformed on the law, they're rude, arrogant, and
unwilling to provide service for the profit they charge.

now, i don't proclaim it's ALWAYS like that, or everywhere it's the same..

but the AVERAGE gun show sucks, the AVERAGE local gun store sucks, and the AVERAGE internet sale is painless.

i'll go where it doesn't hurt.

THANK YOU SIR, finally someone who "gets it"...at the end of the day, the only thing impoortant to me (and everybody else even though they wont admit it) is how much money i have in my wallet at the end of the day....

If i can buy something whether it be .357Sig rounds, toothpaste, cars, insurance, books, cds or chweing gum CHEAPER on the internet than my local store, WHY THE HELL WOULD I NOT DO IT TO SAVE MONEY????......all of this "support your local shop" crap doesnt cut it with most people...

you guys are unreal, you are the same people who will shop for groceries at Wal-mart instead of your local mom/pop store because it is cheaper, what a bunch of hippocrites....

edit: oh and on the "rude gun store employees" you talked about.. yesterday when i was buying the overpriced WWB a guy walked and and GASP, walked behind their precious counter and the owner there practically ripped his head off like he was going to steal something......not only do they overprice stuff but are jerks to boot...

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 09:31
you guys are unreal, you are the same people who will shop for groceries at Wal-mart instead of your local mom/pop store because it is cheaper, what a bunch of hippocrites....

An you know this how? I shop primarily at Paul's Fruit Market (local) Rainblow Blossom Hippie Store (local) and Kroger (the evil Ohio conglomerate that is anti RKBA) for everything else. I did shop at Charlie Downe's Grocery until Kroger ran them out of business.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 09:38
THANK YOU SIR, finally someone who "gets it"...at the end of the day, the only thing impoortant to me (and everybody else even though they wont admit it) is how much money i have in my wallet at the end of the day....

If i can buy something whether it be .357Sig rounds, toothpaste, cars, insurance, books, cds or chweing gum CHEAPER on the internet than my local store, WHY THE HELL WOULD I NOT DO IT TO SAVE MONEY????......all of this "support your local shop" crap doesnt cut it with most people...

edit: oh and on the "rude gun store employees" you talked about.. yesterday when i was buying the overpriced WWB a guy walked and and GASP, walked behind their precious counter and the owner there practically ripped his head off like he was going to steal something......not only do they overprice stuff but are jerks to boot...

see edit

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 09:39
An you know this how? I shop primarily at Paul's Fruit Market (local) Rainblow Blossom Hippie Store (local) and Kroger (the evil Ohio conglomerate that is anti RKBA) for everything else. I did shop at Charlie Downe's Grocery until Kroger ran them out of business.

yeah right???? you probably shop at wal-mart so much youve got a "sam walton" tattoo on your arm...

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 09:42
Dude, now you're obviously fabricating to try to justify your incredibly weak position on this. The owner or guys at A&M can't possibly be that churlish because they didn't kick your sorry butt down the stairs and tell you to Glock Off, which you clearly deserved.

A guy tried to walk behind my bar once while I was bartending many years ago. That was the last time he tried to do that.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 09:45
Dude, now you're obviously fabricating to try to justify your incredibly weak position on this. The owner or guys at A&M can't possibly be that churlish because they didn't kick your sorry butt down the stairs and tell you to Glock Off, which you clearly deserved.

A guy tried to walk behind my bar once while I was bartending many years ago. That was the last time he tried to do that.

Im fabricating nothing.....where is the A/M employee that was on here earlier????? dont you remember that guy asking for the .380 ammo???? he walked behind the counter and the owner barked "DONT GET BEHIND THE COUNTER, THATS WHERE WE WORK"...glad he didnt say that to me or he would have got an earful.......thats not the first time ive heard stuff like that in there, althought that was my last time shopping there

domzilla9
02-24-2006, 09:51
Bruce, you're really digging yourself in deep. Try to save some face and take your money elsewhere and leave it at that. I can't possibly begin to take you seriously. If you were the kind of person who would have retorted to an *undeserved* personal affront like that then you probably would have said your peace about the prices and the service at the store and left it at that. But instead you get on your computer and start trash talking people as though you have some kind of reputation as a fair trader that trumps that of a well respected business that has been around almost as long as you've been alive. The shooting community in Kentucky is really to small for you to be trying to kick up this kind dust with the remarkably scant amount of credibility that you possess. You dished out and you got served. Learn to take it like a man.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 10:17
"I got served"....whatever!!!!!....

if enough people go "elsewhere" by refusing to pay jacked-up prices as the local good ol' boy shop, there will be no more of those around....suits me, at least i save money

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 10:20
"the shooting community in Kentucky is too small to be kicking up dirt".....

gimmie a break!!! that what i like about shooting, it is a "solo" sport. at least as far as im concerned.....

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 10:24
woo hoo, just got a confirm email from ammoman on my bulk order of .357SIG...just saved about $200 compared to your favorite local store...... with FREE SHIPPING....

whose the real "loser" on here.....keep supporting the "local guy" eh....guess you all dont like money????

KYglockers
02-24-2006, 12:53
WOW, I need to stop going to sleep! This thread got CRAZY;g ;e

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 13:09

But A&M in Lexington KY ain't the average gunstore...

you got that right....A/M price on ammo is about $5 higher than the "average" internet retailer or wally-world.....

seems like most people on here dont mind getting ripped off:)

Berretta9
02-24-2006, 13:34
Awww maaaaaan, I done puhaid you $1.99 ea for the last ten bumps you sold me! Can't you give me some kind of "smart ass" discount?

Hell I'll just pay some Indian kid who lives under a wooden bridge over a sewer in Calcutta $0.0125 for my bumps. He takes paypal. Dom, Man I am sure hoping these bumps you're discussing isn't some kind of sexual act. You're scaring me dude.

fomeister
02-24-2006, 15:32
The guy going behind the counter was drunk. He was asking for 380 wolf for 9mm Glock, whatever that means. He went deep behind two counters where no one would have gone. He smelled of liquor and was acting strange, no one yelled at him, just stearnly corrected him.

Anyone can look at your previous posts and see this is just your demeanor and that slams on people are the norm, exaggerations are common, and that you prefer to be alone, except when arguing with others on a public forum.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 16:48
Originally posted by fomeister
The guy going behind the counter was drunk. He was asking for 380 wolf for 9mm Glock, whatever that means. He went deep behind two counters where no one would have gone. He smelled of liquor and was acting strange, no one yelled at him, just stearnly corrected him.

Anyone can look at your previous posts and see this is just your demeanor and that slams on people are the norm, exaggerations are common, and that you prefer to be alone, except when arguing with others on a public forum.

wow, do you do psychiatry work on the side????? you sure do have an insight in to other people you dont even know..LOL LOL.....

fomeister
02-24-2006, 18:11
Fees for psychiatric evaluation are a lot higher than they were three weeks ago.

Actually I just read your own words, "EBAY SUCKS", "A&M SUCKS", "WHAT I LIKE ABOUT SHOOTING IS THAT IT IS A SOLO SPORT", and lots of sharp retorts.

Ridgeway
02-24-2006, 18:31
this is the only store in Lexington that stocks .357SIG ammo in WWB...bought me a new G31 last week and i knew that SIG ammo costs about as much as 45ACP...

last time i went in there about two weeks ago they had .357SIG WWB for 15.50 a box, went in today and POW, its jacked-up to 18.50 a box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guy behind the counter says "oh yeah, ammo is getting more expensive......." WHATEVER...

:
hrm

i just cleaned out my local walley world of .357 sig to the tune of ~$13.50/box
quite reasonable

$5 seems like a big discrepancy for the same product...

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 18:36
hey fomeister,

do you actually do any work at all during the day or do you sit here on glocktalk whining that somebody bad-mouthed your "store"????? LOL LOL.....with what you all charge for ammo and guns im sure youve got a lot of free time on your hands to surf the net....Just went to Buds in paris, Ky today.....they not only have a great selection, but they had .357 SIG remington FMJ for $15 a box, guess the big "ammo increase" hasnt hit them yet, LOL.....

like i said before, your guns are overpriced along with the ammo... I dont know what keeps you in business, maybe its just the "friendly" service one gets while there......

and by the way, that box of speer gold dots i got on sale there, had about five fail-to-fires with it...wonder why that stuff is on "sale", must have been a reject-lot...thanks for the bargain...

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 18:39
Originally posted by Ridgeway
hrm

i just cleaned out my local walley world of .357 sig to the tune of ~$13.50/box
quite reasonable

$5 seems like a big discrepancy for the same product...

you got that right, friend....$18.95 for a box of 50 WWB is way overpriced...what they need to do is keep the prices of ammo lower and gouge you on trade-ins like most shops do....i got the last three at the "high but reasonable" price of $15.95...if it werent for that i would not have bought anything period......

Im trying to get my local wal mart to stock .357SIG, but in the meantime i just got a sweet deal at ammoman.com for about half what i paid at the "good ol' boy" store!!!! ME LIKE SAVING MONEY....:cool:

cmb2874
02-24-2006, 18:55
I won't agree with Bruce's behavior, I have seen children behave better.

But I will be the first to say that it is difficult to support local gunshops when prices jump. I understand from the retailer side of it; you had to pay more, therefore, you have to sell it for more to make any kind of profit. But in this day in age it is difficult to pay more locally when you can save large amounts of money by ordering online.

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 19:07
Please define how i have behaved "childishly"????? I came on here to vent and voice a complaint about hight ammo prices, JUST LIKE I HAVE SEEN MANY OTHERS DO ON HERE!!!

I dont see why everyone on here is bashing ME???? am i the only one who does not like getting gouged at the gun-shop...you cant tell me that your "loyalty" to the local-yocals outweighs your desire to save money???? so what if the locals go out of business because they cant compete???? the internet is the new marketplace, and if i can save a couple hundred bucks I will, because at the end of the day thats what matters to ALL OF US.

When I asked a couple of the clerks at Buds today if they were going to jack up the price of their ammo because "ammo is gettin more expensive" they told me "nope, you were told a line at that shop"!!!!!

sorry people, but all of your arguments on this matter are moot!!! I feel like im talking to a convention of used-car salesman here!!!

fomeister
02-24-2006, 19:35
You seem to want the last word and that is fine with me. I stay plenty busy selling guns and accessories all day. You seem to forget the three boxes you paid $15.95 for and are only *****ing about the one box at $18.95. Yes the 3 remaining boxes are $18.95. Hopefully the next order will come from a different source at the lower price. You are making this seem as though we just randomly price it. You don't have to buy it, but we try to keep it in stock for those who want it. We aren't making $3 more, we too are paying more, why is that so hard to understand? The bashing you gave us in the original post was totally undeserved. Thugs? That is harsh. You were perfectly nice in the store. Do you honestly think that I would have left those 3 boxes at the lower price out if I was gouging? They were in line to be sold first, and you got them. Frankly, I wish I had saved them for one of our regulars. Bud's ammo is the same price mine was until the last order. They are great guys too. I am sorry to hear about the failures you had with the ammo. Are you using a reduced power striker spring? BTW, we don't load it, but I do care if it is bad, not that I expect you to care about anyone but yourself.

fomeister
02-24-2006, 20:15
I don't think anyone is faulting you for wanting to save money, including me. I buy stuff from lots of places myself to save money. I fired over 30,000 rounds of .40 last year, and components increased several times. What everyone seems to disagree with is the militant way you attack people and businesses on this forum over such small matters. SO if you had just complained about the price of the ammo, and not made it personal by saying that A&M sucks, and that we are thugs, then I would have never even posted and perpetuated the cycle here. No one is impressed with rude behavior and slander. I am not a thug. Everyone at A&M has a degree. Everyone there but one have families and children. We are not thugs. That is just wrong. I have traveled around the country the past few years shooting and every person I have met around firearms has been top notch, but I am reminded that is not always the case as I read your rude banter.

KYglockers
02-24-2006, 20:25
WOW, this guy (bruce) is completely inept.;P ;P ;Q

bruce21b
02-24-2006, 20:36
Okay, im done with this thread...so i came off as rude or insulting, SO WHAT.....Welcome to planet Earth, people will complain as long as there are things to complain about...

Maybe i was a little harsh in my post, "thugs" was not the best words to use.. no one made me come into your shop and buy your ammo and i could have left without buying but i didnt, my fault....

My apologies to Antique and Modern and Fomeister for trashing and bashing....

Glock on;Q

fomeister
02-24-2006, 20:49
Thank you for the apology. As bad as this whole thing was making me feel, that line made me feel better. I too am finished with the this thread. Good luck to you in the future.

Clyde
02-24-2006, 21:49
Man am I tired now,,, ;c

cpolk
02-26-2006, 18:17
Jeez, I feel like I just spent an hour watching a tennis match.

Bren
02-27-2006, 10:46
Fomeister was an RO at the match yesterday, but since I found out on Glocktalk that he sucks, I went with a different squad.;f

Terminator
02-27-2006, 15:53
;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

bruce21b
02-27-2006, 16:02
Okay, i want to say this...

I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! to post my hateful post on here...my mistake...

its just when i got home from buying the ammo i began looking on the net and saw how much cheaper it was and got really pissed....

My mistake, i was wrong and i am a fallable human being!!!

My apologies once again to Antique/modern and Fomeister...

Glock on;Q

Terminator
02-27-2006, 16:28
Bruce
As far as im concerned your forgiven bro. I was laughing at Brens comments :)

fomeister
02-27-2006, 20:07
It is all good. I have taken a good deal of teasing over this as you can see from Bren's post. Bruce21b owned up to a mistake, and I can appreciate that. Thanks to all who showed support for me and A&M. Things get out of hand sometimes on forums and can be worked out respectfully as this thread indicates. See you on the ranges, and in the shop.
Mike

nitratex
02-28-2006, 00:36
its people like you that give gun owners a bad name. why dont you just shutup and also leave the state your to much like a northerner!;b

AdminKY
02-28-2006, 12:01
I agree to some extent about A&M prices being a bit higher on pistols. Two years ago, I was in the market for a PM9. I first looked at Evans because I was picking up a bow item. I then drive around the corner to A&M, looked at the PM9 again, asked for best price and then asked for best CASH price. It was $30 higher than Evans marked cash price.

I won't lie - I ended up buying at Evans. A&M has a better store/feel (Evans is dark & gloomy) and I still come in to look around even if I'm not in the market for something.

domzilla9
02-28-2006, 13:21
Originally posted by nitratex
its people like you that give gun owners a bad name. why dont you just shutup and also leave the state your to much like a northerner!;b

;z Well, at least I stopped short of the ultimate insult and didn't call him a damn yankee! ;c

domzilla9
03-01-2006, 00:03
And just when you thought that everything was A-OK in smallsville, a popular internet reseller of ammunition and reloading components has..... {OMG I can't belive this is happening}...

Raised the Price of Ammunition!!!!

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=508391

Somebody call the law on these thugs! ;z

KYglockers
03-01-2006, 00:06
GEEEZ, this thread is still goin........ My advice, just be a nice guy at gunshops.... Yea I know, sometimes they can have higher prices than the big name guys...... But trust me, find a shop or two that you like, stop in every once and a while, chat it up, get to know the guys, dont act like you "know everything" cuz trust me, I never even pretended to "know everything" when I was working at Shooters Supply. Soak up what info you deem pertinent, GOD knows I scoop up all info, build a relationship.....And, HEY, you just may find yourself getting a "lil" bit off of that new Springer or Glock, or a "lil" off of that next ammo purchase. Some people come off as asshats at gunshops....... both customers and salesmen alike, I know some customers that probably thought I was a dick on some firearm prices......HEY, I DONT OWN THE BUSINESS. I can only do the best I can for you, dont take it personally. BUT, more often than not, I had AWESOME customers(DOM, youre included, and GENE if hes still on here), and Id bend over backwards for them. Im a young guy, and I always had the mindset that I would be automatically blown off by the 30+ crowd as soon as they walked in the door, sometimes I would get blown off, other times my knowledge conveyed my credibility, and I made it clear to the customer that I was always open for more knowledge!!!!! THAT BUILDS RELATIONSHIPS.. MAN Im ranting.....blahblah

Tiredly yours---Steve

domzilla9
03-01-2006, 00:35
Steve, I know that you're missed at Shooters Supply. People with your attitude, young or old, are sometimes hard to find. And you're exactly right about how one earns their credibility in a retail business relationship.

When people complain about "high gunstore prices" in this town, Shooters Supply is often mentioned in the same breath. On the whole I've always found the service at Shooters Supply to be exceptionally good. The prices may be high on certain items, but the large selection, the quality of the staff, and the atmosphere all part of what you buy when you make a purchase there. It's not the place to go looking for a competitive price on ammuntion, tactial flashlights or holsters. But it is the place to go when you want to see and touch five different Springfield 1911 clone variants and talk about them with someone who has some knowledge about the Springfield product line and experience with 1911s.

I spend a lot of money on books for my own personal collection and reading habits (outside of my business). I can always buy books cheaper online and usually have them delivered within days. But if Louisville had a decent locally owned bookstore with a good selection, pleasant atmosphere and stock that wasn't ninety-five percent Oprah Winfrey approved pabulum, I'd crawl over broken glass to shop there and gladly pay sales tax on my "overpriced" commodities. I am not alone in this.

KYglockers
03-01-2006, 00:46
Thanks, Dom:) Man I could talk about this stuff for hours..... BTW, I might be flying in to SDF next week..... Long story, Ill pm you later;g ;e ----Steve

fomeister
03-01-2006, 07:16
Well I couldn't wait to tell you all...Yesterday we got in our shotgun ammo from Nobelsport, and we paid .50/box less than last time, so ammo that was $45 a flat is now $39.95. It does work both ways, and it is based on cost of goods. I am going to buy some just in case it goes up again.

domzilla9
03-02-2006, 19:14
I just received a stock shipment from a certain tactical gear supplier (and a great company) and it included the new wholesale prices that went into effect March 1.

My cost per unit is going up 12.5%. Why? Because stuff costs more this year than it did last year, that's why.

Yay!

AdminKY
03-02-2006, 20:32
Everyone knows that prices go up. Let it rest already!

ltgibson2001
03-12-2006, 16:01
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...even if you win your still retarded.

domzilla9
04-17-2006, 20:06
Love your super low everyday prices while you can folks

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/15/business/15walmart.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

fomeister
04-17-2006, 20:42
For those of us in the industry this is a double edged sword. On one hand, our business will increase in those markets. On the other, that is 30 less locations and more to follow that take guns out of the public eye. That will make less people accept them than already do. That will also keep some from ever getting into the shooting sports since Walmart may be their very introduction to guns. I hope it doesn't happen in Lexington, but if it does, we will still be there for those who want and need us. This may surprise some of you, but the more guns sold the better for everyone in the industry, regardless of who sells them. With Walmart gone, where are people going to buy disposable Marlin Model 60s?

domzilla9
04-17-2006, 21:01
Excellent points, Foley, as usual.

It will be interesting to see how many of the Walmarts in Louisville stop selling guns and ammunition. I predict that these locations will stop selling:

Westport Road: Social climbing upper middle class east enders may live in the shadow of the Ford plant, but guns scare the bejeezus out of them unless they're rusted and hanging on the wall at Cracker Barrel.

Hurstbourne Lane (& Taylorsville): This is the store where clerks have cracked "wise" with anti-gun comments everytime (three times) I've bought ammunition there in the last eighteen months. Working class pseudo-liberalism is a plague upon us.

Bardstown Road (Newburg) - The area's income levels are down and its crime rates are up and Walmart doesn't like selling guns at low, low prices in areas with these kinds of demographics. Yes folks, Walmart is Politically Correct!

fomeister
04-17-2006, 21:19
Yes folks, Walmart is Politically Correct!

So was Joseph Stalin.

GLOCK_MAN_9MM
04-25-2006, 17:40
Argueing over the internet is the Same as competing in the Special Olympic's.... Every Body Wins and YOU are still Retarded.

GM 9mm

domzilla9
04-25-2006, 18:39
Originally posted by GLOCK_MAN_9MM
Argueing over the internet is the Same as competing in the Special Olympic's.... Every Body Wins and YOU are still Retarded.

GM 9mm

Thanks for the startling piece of original satire, slowbie. That line is older than my grandma's underpants.

TreehugginGlock
04-25-2006, 19:53
Excellent points, Foley, as usual.

It will be interesting to see how many of the Walmarts in Louisville stop selling guns and ammunition. I predict that these locations will stop selling:

Westport Road: Social climbing upper middle class east enders may live in the shadow of the Ford plant, but guns scare the bejeezus out of them unless they're rusted and hanging on the wall at Cracker Barrel.

Hurstbourne Lane (& Taylorsville): This is the store where clerks have cracked "wise" with anti-gun comments everytime (three times) I've bought ammunition there in the last eighteen months. Working class pseudo-liberalism is a plague upon us.

Bardstown Road (Newburg) - The area's income levels are down and its crime rates are up and Walmart doesn't like selling guns at low, low prices in areas with these kinds of demographics. Yes folks, Walmart is Politically Correct!

Dom,

I asked the clerk at the Walmart on Hurstbourne near Taylorsville if they will stop selling ammo and he said no. Just the Westport and Bashford Manor locations will stop. Just FYI

Hey, By the way we missed you tonight...

GLOCK_MAN_9MM
04-26-2006, 21:14
Thanks for the startling piece of original satire, slowbie. That line is older than my grandma's underpants.

Yeah >>>> Must have read it in a Book somewhere... :laughabove:

Rikki
04-27-2006, 06:58
Jeeezus, Dom...I was about to puke on THAT one, 'till I realized...
I MARRIED to a Grandma!
But, I gotta tell you, her underpants aren't nasty or crusty or anything LIKE that. She's got these lacy slinky things- oooh la la!
She gets them at Wal-Mart- check out the women's undies section the next time you're shopping for ammo there...
Hink
ps... I think it's always best to 'open carry' while lingering in longere'

Murman
05-25-2006, 20:17
I just paid $112.99 for 1000 rounds of Wolf 9mm ammo at Whittaker Guns.

6976 West Louisville Lane
Owensboro KY, 42301

Phone: 270-229-0140
Fax : 270-229-9139

Email: whittakerguns@bellsouth.net

Site: www.whittakerguns.com

Dom,

I drive past the closed Charlie Downes (SP) daily. I ate at the Cottage Inn today for dinner and talked about Charlie Downes. Some old places still rock.

Murman

Bren
05-29-2006, 18:01
I'm not running a thousand rounds of steel cased ammo through my steel chamber.

fomeister
05-29-2006, 19:53
Every time I see this thread re-surface I cringe. But while I am here, we have been told that ammo is going up another 10% on July 1. The bullets I use Zero, were $56/1000 in '04, $65/1000 in '05, and now they are $82/1000. I am trying to find a less expensive jacketed bullet. Well, buy any ammo you find at a deal while you can get it affordably. Some of the rumors I hear are based on China buying all the raw materials like copper driving up the price. I have heard that a gun manufacturer is having a difficult time getting the materials to make their guns. I also talked with a machinist on Saturday that says materials are no longer a given. This is a very real situation it seems.

domzilla9
05-29-2006, 21:01
Well, the good news is that if China is buying out all of the raw materials on the market then Walmart will have no trouble supplying us with $50 VCRs. Praise the Lord!

Kentucky_Guy
01-30-2007, 16:35
wow!! i just found this thread,

very entertaining:laughabove:

Flinter
01-30-2007, 18:48
The Hurstborne and Bashford Manor Great Wall of China Marts, haven't sold firearms in at least 6 months, probably more. Wally world is becoming more and more useless to me with each passing month, but I am thankful that the So. Indiana locations still sell the good stuff, so far as I know.

ciwsguy
01-31-2007, 16:55
Well, this is the first string upon which I have every posted anything. WOW! Here goes.....

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but within the last 9 months, worldwide copper prices have quadrupled due to a worldwide shortage of copper. I read a few months ago in the Courier Journal that the copper shortage was due to strikes at the major producing copper mines. Well, increased copper prices usually result in increased prices of the things of which copper are made. Say Brass and copper clad bullets for example. Has anyone priced copper pipe lately, or copper wire? Geez - a 10 ft copper pipe at Lowe's is nearly $20 and a 250 ft spool of 12 AWG Romex is about $80. Needless to say, ammo prices were bound to rise significantly due to the increased cost of copper. The dealer isn't trying to shaft the public - he's merely passing the cost increase to the consumer. I don't blame him - I would have done it too. That's how businesses operate, to make a profit. And no, I'm not a businessman.

My guess is that the on-line ammo suppliers will also raise their prices when their existing ammo stocks are exhausted and the re-stock has an increased price from the manufacturers. Better grin & bear it. And stock up on low priced ammo when available.

Oh, well, suppose that's life.

My two bits....