Avatar help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Avatar help

Jim Ewing
02-25-2006, 00:47
I am looking for a avatar of a revolver such as a Freedom Arms 83 or S&W 629.
How do I go about, doing this?

DJ Niner
02-25-2006, 02:48
If you currently have a picture you'd like to use, or know the WWW address of one, here is how you can get it in the system here at GT:

Go to "User CP" (near red "Donations" button near the top of the page).

Then select "Edit Options" from the button bar on that page.

Go to the bottom of the "Edit Options" page, and you should see a box that says "Avatar".
On the right side, there is a button that's labelled "Change Avatar" (it may be different if you don't already have an avatar in use; I do, and I'm pulling these directions off my user profile).

If you click that button, it will give you a few different options; you can select an avatar from Glocktalk's avatar list, you can link to an avatar currently on the web (by typing the WWW address in the appropriate box), or you can upload your own from your computer. For these last two options, you must meet file size and avatar size restrictions. Currently, the "Use Custom Avatar" settings are a maximum of 14000 bytes for file size, and a 100 by 100 pixel picture size.

If you don't have a picture, I imagine that "scottauld" rascal has a few pictures of S&W 629s somewhere; the FA revolver you might have to hunt down for yourself.

If you have apic that is too big, just post it here and someone will shrink it down for you.

If you need any more help, let me know.

Jim Ewing
02-25-2006, 06:43
DJ-Niner,
That explains it. Thank-you for your help.