Ladies! I'm getting pampered today! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ladies! I'm getting pampered today!

Mrs. VR
02-25-2006, 06:14
off to FINALLY use the massage gift card I got for my bday (in JULY! ;P) AND get my hair done! ^5^5^5^5

not sure why I posted it HERE, but I figured more people here, might understand the magnitude of me getting a whole BLOCK of kid free hours!;P

lethal tupperwa
02-25-2006, 06:28
LET HER HAVE A QUIET MOMENT.

Mrs. VR
02-25-2006, 12:17
I feel VERY VERY VERY relaxed now ;f;f;f;f;f

rnchick
02-25-2006, 15:35
NICE!!! I hope you enjoyed! I have the dear BF and his kids here - trying to make me feel better. Nothing like the 7 yr old and the 4 yr old jumping on my bed with me screaming for them to get off - they just don't understand the concept of post-op pain...and where's dad? He's sleeping on the couch!

Glad you had a wonderful massage and hair treat! I will only dream!!!

c-mama
02-25-2006, 16:07
#wav

I got out for a bit this morning, as well. My friend works at a day spa doing waxing. She did my eyebrows and lip and I must say I'm very happy with the results. I also get 20% off and she refuses to take a tip. I'll be making it up to her in some way.

I'll crochet her something. ;f

April
02-25-2006, 17:24
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
off to FINALLY use the massage gift card I got for my bday (in JULY! ;P) AND get my hair done! ^5^5^5^5

not sure why I posted it HERE, but I figured more people here, might understand the magnitude of me getting a whole BLOCK of kid free hours!;P

Did you say "hours"?!!? As in like more than 1? Like multiple sequential hours?

Color me jealous! After the last week or so you've had, you more than deserve it! ~hg

Sounds like you had fun. ;f

Mrs. VR
02-25-2006, 18:49
thanks, I really did have a wonderful time! I was ALL BY MYSELF from 8:45-almost 2!!!!!! ^5

Deb, my SIL's BF does my hair and USUALLY he does my brows WITH SCISSORS AND TWEEZERS!;P Today, he must have forgotten :( ;f He doesnt charge me for the brows, so I didnt wanna ask ;J He also gives me some kind of discount on his services, which is REALLY NICE.

I get my lip done every few weeks or so, and I'd rather have my fingernails ripped out, I think! ;f

MB-G26
02-25-2006, 20:28
Originally posted by rnchick
NICE!!! I hope you enjoyed! I have the dear BF and his kids here - trying to make me feel better. Nothing like the 7 yr old and the 4 yr old jumping on my bed with me screaming for them to get off - they just don't understand the concept of post-op pain...and where's dad? He's sleeping on the couch!

Glad you had a wonderful massage and hair treat! I will only dream!!!

Yuck and yikes! Can you point me in the direction of whichever post/thread re you having surgery?
m

rnchick
02-26-2006, 08:18
Originally posted by MB-G26
Yuck and yikes! Can you point me in the direction of whichever post/thread re you having surgery?
m

it's no big deal - just "female" stuff...

Here's the thread with all the gory details: [http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=504829
But I'm glad that Mrs. VR had her hours of bliss!!!

tous
02-26-2006, 08:35
Uh ... no. ;P Ain't a-gonna say it. ;f But, I'll be a-thinkin' it. ;e

LadyG23
02-26-2006, 15:41
Mrs. VR - I'm glad you got out and pampered. I took off work Friday and one of the things that I did was get my hair cut - I was out in 15 minutes though. (but I had the whole day kid-free).

RNChick - I truly feel for you. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

rnchick
02-26-2006, 17:34
Originally posted by LadyG23
Mrs. VR - I'm glad you got out and pampered. I took off work Friday and one of the things that I did was get my hair cut - I was out in 15 minutes though. (but I had the whole day kid-free).

RNChick - I truly feel for you. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I'm hanging in there - everyone is gone...BF, kids, Mom - I'm all alone!!! Sorry to have threadjacked another thread!

So to get this back "on target"...sort of (in my drug-induced state) what would your dream day be - no kids, no spouse all "alone time"

Me: start off with a bubble bath, go to the spa and get a massage, mani/pedi, cut & color with the hair, shopping, meet some friends for lunch, then to the range to finish the day.

c-mama
02-26-2006, 17:46
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
Deb, my SIL's BF does my hair and USUALLY he does my brows WITH SCISSORS AND TWEEZERS!;P Today, he must have forgotten :( ;f He doesnt charge me for the brows, so I didnt wanna ask ;J He also gives me some kind of discount on his services, which is REALLY NICE.

I get my lip done every few weeks or so, and I'd rather have my fingernails ripped out, I think! ;f I just starten getting the waxing done. Painful, but short and well worth it. ;a

c-mama
02-26-2006, 17:51
I'm hanging in there - everyone is gone...BF, kids, Mom - I'm all alone!!! Sorry to have threadjacked another thread!

So to get this back "on target"...sort of (in my drug-induced state) what would your dream day be - no kids, no spouse all "alone time"

Me: start off with a bubble bath, go to the spa and get a massage, mani/pedi, cut & color with the hair, shopping, meet some friends for lunch, then to the range to finish the day. ~hg rnchick ~hg

My dream day...

Sleep in until I wake up on my own. Visit Starbucks for a double shot white chocolate mocha. Sit outside with some sort of crochet project for an hour or so. The massage, mani/pedi, cut & color sound good. Trip to the range is a wonderful way to end the day. ;a

Mrs. VR
02-26-2006, 18:16
oh, SLEEP, yes SLEEP is definitely in there! And time to just sit and READ!!! Plus all the spa/shooting stuff...basically, it'd have to have more than 24 hours ;f

c-mama
02-26-2006, 18:17
How about a week vacation? ;f

LadyG23
02-26-2006, 18:23
My dream day . . . (I get to kick the dogs out as well as the kids?!?!)

Sleep in until I wake up, go for a long, long walk/talk with my best friend, go to the range, a nice seafood dinner, long soaking bath, with candles, wine, a cappicino (sp?), curl up in bed with a good book, go back to sleep.

rnchick
02-26-2006, 20:10
How could I forget sleep??? And yes - the animals count as kids - so the parrots would be at the vets for boarding.

For a longer vacation - a week-long cruise to the carribean sans kids & pets...but I would have to take the sig. other along as he would be intregal to the "romantic" aspect. I hear that the nice thing of a cruise is the variety of the activities...in other words - you can "check your sig other in" to the activities and "pick him up" when you are ready to be a couple again ;)

Jaegergirl
02-28-2006, 12:08
mrs vr, that just sounds WONDERFUL. i have yet to experience a massage. my inlaws bought me a gift cert. to a spa when i was preggers but i was so huge (i gained a lot of weight) and was too embarrassed so i never went. now i'd kill for one. :)

rnchick, i don't know how i missed your post re: your surgery. i'm sorry and i hope you're feeling better soon.

Mrs. VR
02-28-2006, 16:59
Jaegergirl, I can NOT recommend it highly enough, i absolutely LOVE getting massages. Wish i could afford them on a regular basis...oh, say, once a day ;f

Jaegergirl
03-01-2006, 11:45
hmmm, well i might just have to ask for one for a mother's day gift. :)

Mrs. Tink
03-01-2006, 12:55
Am considering getting a massage. Husband (bless him) rubs my back daily, but I couldn't ask him to do it for 40 mins. :) We've been going to the gym 6 days a week, no fail, for the past 12-13 weeks... I guess I need *some* kind of reward. ;f

MrsKitty
03-02-2006, 13:36
I have never had a massage.

I had two manicures back when I had acrylic nails. Then I started doing my own nails and although they looked great, all I did was fill-in and polish. Never had a pedicure either.

Wow. I sure don't feel like a girlie girl in here ;g

rnchick
03-02-2006, 15:29
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Wow. I sure don't feel like a girlie girl in here ;g

If you looked at me, I wouldn't look like a girly-girl on most days. I don't keep my hands/fingernails in pristine shape because as a nurse you wash them a million times an hour and polish just doesn't stay. I gave up on manicures a long time ago because of that. The only make-up you will see on my face on work day is a little powder and some lip-balm. But give me an excuse to get dressed up away from work...and watch out :cool:

kcb
03-04-2006, 13:09
My daughters and I spent the day before my oldest daughter's wedding at the spa getting pampered. The girl that was suppose to do the massages did not show up, however.

My youngest daughter's fiance''s mom is a Massage Therapist for a Resort at Walt Disney World. So, she saved the day...only she came to our home.

It was amazing to have a massage like that in the comfort of my own home!

I've had massages done before on a cruise, and at a spa...always wishing I didn't have to get up and drive home. It was amazing!

I wish I could have another...right now! I am in desparate need
of something to "rejuvinate me" right now!

;Q

Cat91
03-05-2006, 11:28
Last year I went to a training session that was held at this huge luxury hotel.

They had a spa there.

I got a FACIAL. How cool was that?! I totally enjoyed that.

Miao, Cat

MrsKitty
03-07-2006, 20:50
If you looked at me, I wouldn't look like a girly-girl on most days. I don't keep my hands/fingernails in pristine shape because as a nurse you wash them a million times an hour and polish just doesn't stay. I gave up on manicures a long time ago because of that. The only make-up you will see on my face on work day is a little powder and some lip-balm. But give me an excuse to get dressed up away from work...and watch out :cool:

My nails are all broken off to different legnths. I do try to keep the edges filed smooth so I don't chew them. My normal make-up is burt's bees on my lips.