Need some serious help with my digital camera [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need some serious help with my digital camera

Cool Hand Hodge
02-25-2006, 14:14
First off, let me start by saying i know nothing about digital cameras. Mine is a Nikon coolpix 3100. The problem i am having is that no matter what setting the dial is on, the flash flashes three times when i take a picture. Two small flashes and one normal flash. Also, with standard AA bateries i only get 3 maybe 4 pics before it dies from a low battery. WAIT...just got the flash to turn off...but why does it eat batteries the way it does? Also, is this a dec. camera or should i just upgrade it?

sjfrellc
02-25-2006, 16:47
Standard alkaline batteries usually don't last long in digital cameras. While over the last two years most new cameras are better at power management they eat batteries quite.

A set of 4 or more Nickle metal Hydride rechargeable batteries is generally the way to go. Google for reviews of your camera.

Dandapani
02-25-2006, 17:54
Originally posted by sjfrellc
A set of 4 or more Nickle metal Hydride rechargeable batteries is generally the way to go. Google for reviews of your camera.

+1000, I bought 8 batteries (two set of 4), keep one set charged and ready to go and a set in the camera. I've had them for over two years and have charged them at least 50 times. They hold a charge, and give good long service before needing recharging (they deliver good amperage through their service life). Best thing I could have done for my digital camera (besides buying a giant memory card :) )

Mild Bill
02-25-2006, 19:16
The 3 flashes thing is 'red-eye reduction'...

Turn that off and it 'should' only flash once...

;c