Picked Up My New Ride Saturday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Picked Up My New Ride Saturday

Rinspeed
02-27-2006, 18:12
I'm pretty excited to say the least. It's an 06 Yamaha WR450. I considered the Honda but it was $400 more and the KTMs are super nice but probably $800 to 1000 more. I'm sure I will be happy. This is the third Yamaha in the garage to go along with the Honda 400EX and Kawasaki Ninja.

I guess you could say I like Yamaha bikes. They put a ton of money into R&D all their products show it when compared to the competition. I would have to say the KTMs are most likely a slightly better bike but I don't think they are quite $800 nicer.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/DCP03673.jpg

fnfalman
02-27-2006, 18:52
Ahhhhhh, so that's what the knobbies are for. Riding in the snow.;f

gixxer11
02-27-2006, 19:09
SAAWEEET!!!! Are you going to open it up (YZ spec)?

bac1023
03-03-2006, 07:21
Congrats.

Rinspeed
03-03-2006, 08:57
Originally posted by gixxer11
SAAWEEET!!!! Are you going to open it up (YZ spec)?

Yes for next to nothing I can get it close as there are a bunch of free mods that can really turn it into a monster. Yamahas suffers more than any bike I know of from being stuffed up. I gained nearly 14 horse on my Raptor from the new intake, jetting and a pipe. I am not going to put a pipe on the WR but I will rejet and get a different baffle insert.

Believe it or not in stock form the WR does not go past 1/2 throttle so that is one of the first things I need to take care of. From what I understand the WR will meet California emissions and all I will need to put it on the road here in NY is a turn signal kit and horn.

gixxer11
03-03-2006, 09:28
I wasn't sure if they still did the throttle stop, but yeah ditch that horsepoo! Also, I think (I know on the 02-04s) the intake cam is retarded one tooth. Same cams, different timing. Guess I'll know soon, as I just picked up a part-time job at a Yamaha, Suzuki, Victory, and Polaris dealer. I'm glad to be back in the "biz"!