First squid of the year spotted! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First squid of the year spotted!

NMGlocker
02-28-2006, 09:51
Spring is upon us!
I spotted my first Squid of the year yesterday!
No helmet, Ray-Bans, wife beater shirt, shorts and flip flops.
Gixxer 750......... of course.
Temps supposed to hit 88 degrees today, maybe I'll see my first flock of squids this afternoon. I hope they come out early this year, because I really need a wrecked 750 or 600 for a track bike project. I can almost see the want ad now "wrecked GSXR for sale, low miles, only ridden one month, CHEAP (mom says I have to sell or she's kicking me out of the house)".
:cool:

fnfalman
02-28-2006, 12:37
Damn, NMGlocker, you make a very cogent point. I sure wish that there are more squids riding Aprilia Tuonos. I could use some spare parts.;f Right now my fear of taking that mutha to the track is if I were to break something, the bike will be down indefinitely waiting for replacement parts.

BCM
02-28-2006, 23:00
fnf, now you know anyone buying a Tuonos rides to a different tune(thankfully) and if they chose to get stupid, must have a squid ride back at home, you don't wreck one of those and tell anyone!LOL

VWglocker
03-01-2006, 16:32
Originally posted by fnfalman
Damn, NMGlocker, you make a very cogent point. I sure wish that there are more squids riding Aprilia Tuonos.

i think i saw one a few weeks ago on crashedtoys.com

didn't look all that bad either....

forgot what the bidding was up to

fnfalman
03-01-2006, 16:51
It's kind of funny in a macabre way but there are a couple of guys at the Apriliaforum.com that are taking their Tuonos to the track. I told them that I get first dibs on the bike's salvageable parts if they crash. Of course, I wasn't the only one putting in dibs.;f

It's a damn shame but what are you going to do when parts availability is next to zero?

epsylum
03-01-2006, 19:30
Just take your MV to the track instead ;f

gixxer11
03-02-2006, 07:28
Originally posted by fnfalman
It's kind of funny in a macabre way but there are a couple of guys at the Apriliaforum.com that are taking their Tuonos to the track.

If it were my bike, it would get as close as the parking lot to the track. If you have the money I guess. There's too many already wrecked bikes out there for that kind of stuff. I mean are you REALLY going to have that much more fun on a much more expensive machine? Especially if you get passed by someone on an old FZR400? I'd take the cheap route, because I have to :( and ride it harder, without the worry. Is it a race track or a fashion show? Maybe I'm harsh, but I hate seeing nice things beaten for no reason. BTW, (in your best Cartman voice)"squids piss me off"

fnfalman
03-02-2006, 10:01
The problem is that I hate buying things and don't let them perform to their design. That Tuono was made for the track. It's made to be ridden hard and cornering hard. I understand what you guys are saying about getting a beater and all (which I'm still contemplating to do), but it's a shame not to let this beast rip up the pavement the way it was meant to do. The canyons will only do so much justice for its capability.

I'm really hoping that Piaggio is making good on its promise of parts availability in the US.