Dd-214 [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Dd-214

03-01-2006, 17:16
I have been out of the Army National Guard since 2002.
I need to get my DD-214 for a job I have applied for. Whats the fastest way to get it?
Should I go to my old unit and ask? I have called several numbers and keep getting transferred to different departments.

Any help would be great.

03-01-2006, 19:36
Go to the local VA office or Hospital, they will help you get it. Takes usually 4 -6 weeks but maybe things have changed. A local VFW or American Legion Post may be able to direct you to someone who can help. Good Luck

03-01-2006, 19:49
If I am not mistaken, the NG does not use the DD 214. I would contact the STARC, or the State NG HQ and ask for a copy.

03-03-2006, 10:48
The National Guard doesn't use the DD-214. What you want is the Form NGB-22 "Report of Separation and Record of Service." Try contacting your State headquarters.

03-03-2006, 11:14
You would still have a DD214 from when you were on Active Duty for Basic and AIT.

03-03-2006, 12:49
Originally posted by RockSix
You would still have a DD214 from when you were on Active Duty for Basic and AIT.

Rock6. Off topic, but if your avatar is you, think OPSEC

03-03-2006, 14:50
Originally posted by army_eod
Rock6. Off topic, but if your avatar is you, think OPSEC

I'm not conducting any Operations, there is no difference in my avatar than there is/was when I give interviews to local media or media in foreign lands. Conducting cordons and search, we don't wear mall ninja masks, we took down targets with speed and violence, and (at the time) the locals knew Half Captain was there.

"That's how I roll," Jack Black;f

03-03-2006, 14:50
Forgot my cool guy attachment;)

03-03-2006, 15:53
Sorry Rock6 but I recently finished a tour in CENTCOM OP CTR and knew some stuff. I would not want any personal info on unclass nets at all. Just my take.

Been to the box myself.

03-05-2006, 16:11

03-16-2006, 18:42
All military records are kept at the National Personnel Records Center in Saint Louis after your discharge. Go to www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/ for instructions, forms, etc. Be Patient, I have seen these requests take up to six months or longer. The only expedited requests they will accept are for homeless vets.

Ed Ely
03-28-2006, 13:01
All states have in their capitols, a military
archieve which is run by the Dept. of Military
Affairs. Either a letter to them or a personal
visit to them should produce a copy of your DD-214
in short order.


04-25-2006, 10:25
Advice for once you've got it: Make about a gagillion copies & stash 'em all over the place...

I treated by 214 like it was gold, once I got out, & was so glad I did... I've needed it (or copies of it) quite a few times, especially once I started applying for government jobs.