Seabee's Get Some Press [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Seabee's Get Some Press

TScottW99
03-07-2006, 14:58
OLIVER NORTH TV PROGRAM TO HIGHLIGHT SEABEES

The history of the U.S. Navy Seabees will be the subject of an hour-long TV program next month on the FOX News Channel. The program will air March 12 at 8 p.m. Eastern and 5 p.m. Pacific time on the FOX News Channel.

“War Stories with Oliver North” will feature interviews with Seabee veterans from various wars and will cover Seabees from World War II through today. Rear Admiral Robert Phillips, Commander, First Naval Construction Division was also interviewed along with Seabee Museum Director Lara Godbille and Historian Gina Nichols. Various Seabees were also interviewed during the Field Exercise at Fort Hunter-Liggett in December.

rvncb
03-14-2006, 11:18
Hey thats great! We buid We fight and nobody kmows. X Navy Seabee guy here. MCB 53 Davisville R.I. 1967-1969 CM2 George Malo

ourway77
03-24-2006, 10:54
!953-1957 UT-2. Red Skelton's What is a Seebee. He'a a Navy man, wearing army clothing, Taking Marine Training, doing a civilians job and working under WPA wages. Can- Do

tea kettle
03-26-2006, 06:35
My Uncle, who recently passed away was a Seabee who was stationed in the Phillipines during wartime many years ago. He is the reason I chose the Navy instead of the Air Force.
I used to be stationed at Pt. Mugu , Ca. and Pt. Hueneme(Seabee base) was located near my base. I used to play bingo there with my Filipino girlfriend. :)

ourway77
03-26-2006, 09:38
teakettle, I'm sure your uncle was as proud to be a seebee as I was. Had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. I was in port Hueneme for a short time taking additional training before shipping out. Good Luck in the Navy if you are still active.
(REMEMBER IT'S THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO SERVED AND ARE STILL SERVING THAT GIVES US OUR FREEDOM)

Seabee
03-31-2006, 18:43
About time.

Navy Seabees - Weapons of Mass Construction

tea kettle
04-10-2006, 06:30
Originally posted by Seabee
About time.

Navy Seabees - Weapons of Mass Construction
:supergrin: :cool: :) :beer:

CAPT Bruce
04-18-2006, 18:41
A respectful Salute to my fellow Seabees in the forum. 31 years in my case in the Bees and the CEC all over the world. I thought they did a fine job in that March show of telling the world about the Navy's Battalions and what we accomplish. Besides it just doesn't mean anything to kids today when you say something about the "Fighting Seabees" with John Wayne as neither name means anything to them. I really like the Weapons of Mass Construction moniker. CAN DO Gentlemen!
Bruce

jetrecbn1
04-22-2006, 19:50
I like SeaBees better than US Army Engineers. Surprised me when I met CB's here at Fort Carson, CO. Great bunch of guys with a can do attitude. They always lend a helping hand where they can.

Redeemer
04-24-2006, 19:53
I posted this in GNG (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=6105373#post6105373) and I had only one reply so I figured I'd ask you fellas. As stated in the other thread I wasn't too sure if someone who has yet to have been in the service that posted in the service would have much weight at all and I hate to hijack something for veterans but a person who hasnt served

If it is alright here is a short summary: I plan on joining the military. I really would like to be a Seebee because it equals three things I love: Serving America, firearms/traing, and construction. I am only wondering if anyone currently serving (or served up until recently) could answer some quick questions? What did you do on a day to day basis? How often were you deployed? Would you have changed anything differently about you did you Navy career and any other thing you can think of is greatly appreciated

Seabee71
05-21-2006, 03:46
Originally posted by Redeemer
I posted this in GNG (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=6105373#post6105373) and I had only one reply so I figured I'd ask you fellas. As stated in the other thread I wasn't too sure if someone who has yet to have been in the service that posted in the service would have much weight at all and I hate to hijack something for veterans but a person who hasnt served

If it is alright here is a short summary: I plan on joining the military. I really would like to be a Seebee because it equals three things I love: Serving America, firearms/traing, and construction. I am only wondering if anyone currently serving (or served up until recently) could answer some quick questions? What did you do on a day to day basis? How often were you deployed? Would you have changed anything differently about you did you Navy career and any other thing you can think of is greatly appreciated

Lets see....If on Sea Duty in an NMCB: Homeport=Training!! You will go to schools for your rate, a Feild Exercise, a TOA weapons range and probably a Crew Served weapons range and you could possibly be on a construction project.

On deployment: WORK WORK & more WORK!!! Then we party, take college classes or get sleep. You can expect to be gone for 6-7 months and home for 10 months. There is talk of extending homeports to 12 months. It may sound better but ask a lot of the senior guys and they will tell you they hate being on this rotation, including myself. Currently, I am on deployment in the Horn of Africa assigned to a Combined Joint Task Force. 3 more months to go and I will be home!!

Think long and hard about joining. A lot of us Seabees have found ourselves in Iraq and Afghanistan on just about every deployment. I will not sugar coat this. You could quite possibly be shot at, mortared or IED'd. We have lost a lot of brothers during this trying time of war. Its what we do and what is reality. If you are not into that kind of stuff, I suggest the Air Force Red Horse LOL, in all seriousness, think hard about it. I am in NMCB Seven at the moment. If you have anymore questions my email is: RIGGSP@HOA.CENTCOM.MIL

Good Luck!!

Sean