Have anyone seen the movie Supercross? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have anyone seen the movie Supercross?

fnfalman
03-10-2006, 14:17
http://www.supercrossmovie.com/

I watched it on DVD last night. Not too bad of a flick and decidedly much better than Biker Boyz and Torque. My only complaint is that they got the two fine babes that didn't get to show enough flesh.

DaisyCutter
03-10-2006, 19:04
The sound dubbing bothered me. The immature brother character was riding a 4-stroke the whole time, with 2-stroke sound dubbed in.

Plus, the part where the girlfriend whips off a backflip was pretty hokey.

However, I support the accuracy of the film, as it portrayed supercross riders as having the intelligence of pool cleaners.;)

epsylum
03-10-2006, 19:48
Originally posted by DaisyCutter
The sound dubbing bothered me. The immature brother character was riding a 4-stroke the whole time, with 2-stroke sound dubbed in.

That drives my brother up the wall when they do this in movies (he being a motorcycle mechanic and all). They always seem to go for whatevr style of engine it isn't. If it's a 2-stroke, they dub in 4-stroke sounds (the REALLY bad ones put Harley sounds in for EVERYTHING. I have even seen one with a quad that sounded like a Harley, ;g ) or if it is a 4-stroke, they make it sound like a 2-stroke.

It sould be nice if they would actually put 2 seconds worth of thought into it. Or how about this? USE THE EXACT FRIGGIN BIKE FOR ITS SOUNDS!. I mean they have it, it runs, just wheel it into the sound room or whatever and do some recording.

fnfalman
03-13-2006, 09:28
The chicks were still hot though.