Endorsed! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Endorsed!

J.R. Bob Dobbs
03-10-2006, 19:56
After accumulating 7000 miles and two bikes (CMX250, CB750) with my learners permit, I tried and passed the GA DMV road test this week. The test was harder than I expected.

Glad I took the 250 instead of the 750, it was a very tight course. A guy on a Harley took the test before me and he was scraping his pegs (floorboards).

fnfalman
03-10-2006, 22:18
Congratulations!!! Now you can ride with impugnity...from the law, that is.:cool:

Texas T
03-11-2006, 15:04
Another good thing about Texas (and probably many other states) is that after I took and passed my MSF class I only had to take the written DMV test.

Cryptoboy
03-12-2006, 09:12
Congrats!

Just curious, but could you have taken the MSF course and skipped the learners permit portion? (Not familiar with the laws in GA).

Texas T, it's even nicer here in AZ. After my wife and I took (and passed) the MSF course, all we had to do was wait in that absurdly long DMV line for them to give us our endorsement. Didn't have to take the written again.

norton
03-12-2006, 17:26
Good thing about Indiana. I got grandfathered-didn't have to take a riding test-when the state started the testing rule back in the 80's.
I do urge everyone I know who is thinking about beginning to ride, to take an MSF or other training.

Gatorguy
03-12-2006, 19:06
Originally posted by Cryptoboy

Texas T, it's even nicer here in AZ. After my wife and I took (and passed) the MSF course, all we had to do was wait in that absurdly long DMV line for them to give us our endorsement. Didn't have to take the written again.

Florida is the same way. Pass the MSF course, wait in line at the DMV for your endorsement.

fnfalman
03-13-2006, 08:30
Originally posted by Gatorguy
Florida is the same way. Pass the MSF course, wait in line at the DMV for your endorsement.

Same thing for New Mexico. I think that these states have some sort of official arrangements with the MSF organization and that's why you pass the course and you just have to pay for the license while other states only recognize the MSF riding portion but still insist on the written test.

I do know for a fact that New Mexico has an official arrangement with MSF for training.

J.R. Bob Dobbs
03-13-2006, 12:40
I don't know how the GA DMV treats the MSF course, as I have not taken it.

I'll sell the little Rebel this spring, as it has served its purpose well. Should get all my money back out of it :) Though I cringe at the probability of a new owner putting the very first scratch on my immaculate 20yo darling of a bike.