Any fans of jug wine? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of jug wine?

The Pontificator
03-11-2006, 17:47
I like to splurge ;) on a 1.5 litre jug of Carlo Rossi "Paisano" now and then. Decent blend for the money.

I have been told not to buy "varietal" jug wines...blends only.

Dandapani
03-11-2006, 18:13
Originally posted by The Pontificator
I like to splurge ;) on a 1.5 litre jug of Carlo Rossi "Paisano" now and then. Decent blend for the money.

When I was a drunk, er, drank wine, this was my jug of choice... :laughabove: :rollsmiley: :laughabove:

http://www.carlorossi.com/wines/wine.asp?v=PSN

JimBianchi
03-11-2006, 18:21
As a kid (18) in the reserves waiting to go active duty, I worked in a Walgreen’s liquor store part time. I sold that stuff frequently.

(I lied about my age to get the job. They never asked to see an ID and I never volunteered one)

The big bottle was really cheap, smelled bad too. (I dropped one and it stank the whole store up!)

Jim

lethal tupperwa
03-12-2006, 06:27
I like Peter Vella's DELICIOUS RED.

tyesai
03-22-2006, 12:45
Paisano, best buy for the money. I like expensive wine and I can taste the difference sometimes, but I like Paisano just as well. I also have a fondness for almost any type of Shiraz.

scowan007
03-22-2006, 12:58
I like jugs. Does that count?

But seriously, for an everyday casual dinner/cooking wine, I like the Carlo Rossi Paisano. The chianti ain't bad either, but I'm no con-o-sewer.

ChuckUles
03-22-2006, 20:56
Not quite jug wine, but we drink Gallo "Hearty Burgundy" at the table

4eyes
03-22-2006, 21:36
DAMMM RIGHT. I could have bought lots of reloading components with the wasted money spent on the varietal/vinegar of the month that was poured down the drain. With jug wine, you know what you are paying for. Most taste OK and are a good flavor enhancers in cooking.