Trials bikes in Honda commercial [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trials bikes in Honda commercial

Rosey
03-18-2006, 12:36
http://world.honda.com/DoyouhaveaHONDA/Trials/mov-Trials-30.html

norton
03-18-2006, 18:17
In the mid 1970's the trials boom was supposed to take over in the U.S. All of the major Japanese bike mfg's were making and trying to sell trials bikes in the U.S. I saw one for sale at an old bike auction about 10 years ago in Daytona.
I'm afraid trials is too slow to ever go over as a spectator sport in the U.S. although the people who do it professionally are incredible.

epsylum
03-18-2006, 19:55
Originally posted by norton
In the mid 1970's the trials boom was supposed to take over in the U.S. All of the major Japanese bike mfg's were making and trying to sell trials bikes in the U.S. I saw one for sale at an old bike auction about 10 years ago in Daytona.
I'm afraid trials is too slow to ever go over as a spectator sport in the U.S. although the people who do it professionally are incredible.

I agree.

VERY talented riders, but not much of a spectator sport (cool to watch on TV though).

Now if they put them on a half-pipe and put the word "extreme" in it, it would take the country by storm. ;f

Rinspeed
03-27-2006, 10:37
I always wanted a trials bike. Someday I'll find one at a decent price. The fact that they are so light is what intrigues me the most about them.