22lr Match [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 22lr Match

jerrytrini
03-19-2006, 08:10
My fellow BOGs, let us shoot the Gopher Flats 22LR match on May 27.
5 pistol and 5 rifle stages. 22s only. Juniors shoot for free. Check out the Area 2 website at uspsa.org.

ahtsay
04-03-2006, 11:11
sana may ganito sa Pinas...should a lot of fun...plus cheap ammo :)

revo
04-03-2006, 16:05
At my club, .22LR shooting is taken to great levels of seriousness which I don't fathom.

They have 200 meeters shoots with Winchester and Anschutz 28-inch rifles with iron sights and match ammo - Eley tenex, Fiocchi, Federal, etc.

At this distance, the round is very susceptible to wind and it's impressive to see old gents print everything into a nice round hole.

MELBU
04-03-2006, 20:30
Originally posted by ahtsay
sana may ganito sa Pinas...should a lot of fun...plus cheap ammo :)

yep, its fun to shoot .22's very relaxing.

batangueno
04-03-2006, 20:52
Sometimes there are 22lr silhouettte matches at armscor.

ahtsay
04-05-2006, 03:43
Batangueno,
Would you know what kind of rifles qualify? I'm thinking of getting a rimfire for plinking....might as well get one that will qualify for these matches para 2 birds w one stone :supergrin: . Melbu, why don't you organize a match? Would be a lot of fun!!!:supergrin:

MELBU
04-05-2006, 19:57
Batangueno,
Would you know what kind of rifles qualify? I'm thinking of getting a rimfire for plinking....might as well get one that will qualify for these matches para 2 birds w one stone :supergrin: . Melbu, why don't you organize a match? Would be a lot of fun!!!:supergrin:

I'd love to but im not sure if there are a lot of .22 rifle owners here.??

ahtsay
04-06-2006, 01:44
Melbu, to show my support, I will buy a .22lr rifle if you set up the match.:supergrin: I have a .22WMR pero I think that would be too much for silouette, it might punch a hole in the steel targets.

batangueno
04-06-2006, 21:30
Batangueno,
I think any 22lr rifle will do. Categories only separate those who have scopes and those with iron sights.