PS2 Online Gaming. Router Question. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Online Gaming. Router Question.

mossy500camo
03-26-2006, 23:47
I want to go online /w my PS2 I have a Linksy router that uses "Firewire". Is the anyway that I can hook up my PS2 and router as cordless?

mossy500camo
03-26-2006, 23:48
Originally posted by mossy500camo
I want to go online /w my PS2 I have a Linksy router that uses "Firewire". Is there anyway that I can hook up my PS2 and router as cordless?

IndyGunFreak
04-10-2006, 09:45
Originally posted by mossy500camo
I want to go online /w my PS2 I have a Linksy router that uses "Firewire". Is the anyway that I can hook up my PS2 and router as cordless?

Is it possible? Probably, but I'm not sure how to do it or why you'd want to, and it would almost certainly require some additional hardware(wireless router)

Why can't you run ethernet cable to the PS2? I've ran ethernet cable all through my house for 2 PC's(1 in an Attic Bedroom, 1 in Main Floor bedroom), and an XBox(Main floor family room).

You already have a Router, It really isn't that hard at all. Much more secure than wireless, no signal problems, worrying about walls, number of floors, dropped connections, etc. Wireless may be easier, but Wired wasn't that hard and only took me bout an 1.5hrs to wire all 3 of them, and that was when I was struggling twisting my own cable.

Thats probably the only thing I'd change if I were going to add something else, I'd buy packaged cut cable with crimped heads, as opposed to doing it myself(but to this point, all of my cable has held up fine, approx. a year)

IGF