LoTW [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LoTW

martho
03-29-2006, 21:37
How many of you are using LoTW?

I finally got everything running about 3 weeks ago. I am getting matches like crazy and it helped me apply for my DXCC CW Award by giving me 20 entities on CW.

As it gets improved and more and more stations upload, I think it is going to be a great thing to have.

R. Emmelman
03-30-2006, 05:33
I don't use it yet. Does anyone use QSL cards anymore? I have sent some QSL and only received one back.

martho
03-30-2006, 08:09
I have 225 countries on paper cards. I still like getting the cards in the mail. However, in this day and technology age, people want instant gratification. LoTW is not instant, but the other day when I made 250 RTTY qso, I uploaded to LoTW 45 minutes after the contest and had 75 matches.

The LoTW is great for WAS and band/mode type stuff. I have 1300 matches in LoTW. It is a great supplement to paper cards.

I am waiting on 31 countries to send me cards. One of them is India. However, there is a match in LoTW, so I was able to use that for my most recent DXCC submission.

LoTW is only going to get more popular and is growing every day. I get approximately 5 matches a day.

It is not difficult to get rolling on LoTW. Go to the ARRL site, read the instructions and request your postcard. Once you get your postcard in the mail, it is a simple 30 minute process to get your certificates and get your log up to LoTW. Get your postcard and I will be happy to help.

RED64CJ5
04-01-2006, 20:39
Originally posted by R. Emmelman
I don't use it yet. Does anyone use QSL cards anymore? I have sent some QSL and only received one back.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think QSL'ing by mail is an ART.

martho
04-02-2006, 12:31
Originally posted by dudeyougotadell
Call me old-fashioned, but I think QSL'ing by mail is an ART.

I agree. As I said before I have 1000's of QSL cards. I have paper cards for

6m WAS
10M WAS
20m WAS
40m WAS
CW WAS
PH WAS
DXCC CW
DXCC PH
DXCC Mixed
250 VUCC 6m

Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

LoTW will have huge benefits for unique band/mode awards.

There are some people who have 8 band DXCC soley via LoTW.

LoTW is the wave of the future. I love having the cards to show people, however the ease of LoTW makes it really nice.

Dudeyougotadell, are you on LoTW?

RED64CJ5
04-03-2006, 06:29
Originally posted by martho

LoTW will have huge benefits for unique band/mode awards.

There are some people who have 8 band DXCC soley via LoTW.

LoTW is the wave of the future. I love having the cards to show people, however the ease of LoTW makes it really nice.

Dudeyougotadell, are you on LoTW?

I totally agree. LoTW is the wave of the future. While I love the feel of a real QSL card, the benefits of LoTW are even more awesome.

That being said, I have been using LoTW for several years...