Sigh........paperwork [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sigh........paperwork

MrMurphy
03-31-2006, 00:36
Got off a 14 last night (and then PT), came home with a bum knee (full contact soccer), set three (3!) alarm clocks for 0400 to make very sure I was awake and there for a 0645 commander's call and "fun run". Took one little advil for the knee. I wake up at 0400, turn off all three alarms, sit up, I think I even stood up. Next thing I know it's 0718 and i scream "@#)(*!!!!" and dive into my BDUs and scream off to base, to get there in time for the end of the fun run.

LOC at the least. Absolutely no sympathy from my "I'm perfect" SSgt, but at least I have some solace in that approximately half the flight appears not to have shown up either (I, at least, got there in the end).

DJ Niner
03-31-2006, 02:48
The loudest alarm must be placed on the other side of the room, for best effect.

Feet hit the floor with the first alarm. Sit up. DO NOT LAY BACK DOWN.

NEVER touch the bed again after rising to your feet, for ANY REASON (else the sheet sirens will lure you back, as you found out).

Shower turned to cold for a short time after entry always helped me gather my wits. Cold car seat or walk to work at Minot or Eielson finished the wake-up job completely. :supergrin:

Good luck! :)

MrMurphy
04-01-2006, 11:57
Bought a windup bell type (old school) alarm clock.

This thing wakes the dead, on other continents.

tyesai
04-01-2006, 15:11
Originally posted by MrMurphy
Next thing I know it's 0718 and i scream "@#)(*!!!!" and dive into my BDUs and scream off to base, to get there in time for the end of the fun run.

No such thing as a "fun run", "command run" is what we call it. I like it better seeing as running isn't fun. I like the bike test and zero P.T.

Rob96
04-01-2006, 17:09
Originally posted by MrMurphy
Bought a windup bell type (old school) alarm clock.

This thing wakes the dead, on other continents.

This is what I used. They work great.

commander's call and "fun run".

When I was in the Phillippines, it was great when the commander would meet up with us downtown while we were doing our "flight run".:cheers: :exercise: :drink: