Lincoln LS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln LS

sink156
04-01-2006, 12:30
I am considering purchasing a '03 or '04 V8 model and would like any and all thoughts, pros, cons, etc.

Drove a friends while I house sat for him about a year and a half ago and liked it but would like to hear opinions from more knowledgable people.

Thanks in advance.

sink156
04-02-2006, 08:55
Nobody???

Ron3
04-03-2006, 09:54
These cars lose resale value fast so buying a used one is a good idea.

Parts cost more just because it's a Lincoln. They are pretty good cars with the exception of the electrical gadgetry that causes problems in most cars.

Do a thorough inspection or have one done just like you would any car.

These cars have a good suspension, fell solid, have a good ride, and good power. The five-speed auto keeps the rpms in the power band at full throttle too. Sounds good.

But expect to have minor electrical problems that can be expensive to fix.

epsylum
04-09-2006, 16:25
My dad's boss used to have one and loved it. He got a deal on an Acura TL and traded it in. He wished he hadn't done that. Nothing was wrong with the Acura (other than the wrong-wheel drive thing ;)), just he liked the LS better.

They are very good looking cars IMO.

Gary_P
04-12-2006, 09:48
parts do not cost more simply because it is a lincoln. they cost more because they are Jaguar.

great car, would love to have one
better than the thunderbird

Gary

Txnowtn
04-21-2006, 17:56
I was a service writer at a Ford dealership last year, and the LS platform is not well respected by the technicians. They said Ford rushed it out to compete with the Lexus/Infiniti/Acura market, and it was full of flaws and bugs that are never found. I think the above listed imports all have better built cars.

sink156
04-21-2006, 18:14
The problem is those listed are imports. I prefer to buy American or American owned vehicles.

method
04-21-2006, 20:57
Originally posted by Gary_P
parts do not cost more simply because it is a lincoln. they cost more because they are Jaguar.

great car, would love to have one
better than the thunderbird

Gary

The Jag S-type borrows its platform from the LS, not the other way around. The last T-bird uses the same platform.

Txnowtn
04-22-2006, 09:27
"The problem is those listed are imports. I prefer to buy American or American owned vehicles."

In a perfect world, you would be right. But the fact is that all the major car companies are global. Many of the "imports" are built right here in the good old USA now, and they employ thousands of Americans.