Had to take Bosco to te Vet today....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Had to take Bosco to te Vet today.......

Walter45Auto
04-06-2006, 21:20
2 days ago, we were at the park getting ready to do some training, and when he looked at me, I saw dried blood in his left ear. Yesterday, We were sitting around the living room, and I noticed he stunk. I'd smelled the smell before, so I knew it was an ear infection (My cat had that problem a couple times when she was alive.). Not to mention it's noticably redder in color than the other one. Well, I got him to the vet today, and I was right. They examined him, and took a swab of stuuf from inside his ear, and the doc said it was a yeast infection, likely from some water getting in his ear and not drying out good enough. So they gave me some Ear wash solution for both his ears, and some drops for the left one, to clear up the infection. I wanted to catch it as soon as I could, because I know if I let it go, he'll lose some or all of his hearing (I know that from some experience with my own ears.).

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

GotGlock1917
04-07-2006, 18:51
Poor Bosco. That's painful.

I have two bichons. Extra fluffy, pendulous ears, one loves to swim. It is difficult to keep their ears dried out.

I treat both boy's ears with Otomax or an equivilent after every bath. It has worked very well for 7 years.

Hope you feel better Bosco!

Walter45Auto
04-07-2006, 20:19
Bosco and I appreciate the well wishes. I gotta say, though, it ain't slowed him down any. The ear's still red, but it's getting noticably better.

Walter45Auto
04-07-2006, 20:21
Originally posted by Walter45Auto
Bosco and I appreciate the well wishes. I gotta say, though, it ain't slowed him down any. The ear's still red, but it's getting noticably better. I'll BET those Bichons are hard to dry out the ears! All That hair don't help none. I think that was part of Bosco's problem, as he has the long hair and double coat.

Oops..... Hit quote instead of edit....... The mesage is there anyway....

Walter45Auto
04-07-2006, 22:27
I had a real tough time giving him his ear drops a little while ago. I pretty much had to get him in a headlock, and even that didn't keep him still. I've still got a couple weeks of it to go yet, too.:upeyes:

GotGlock1917
04-08-2006, 01:02
My little idiot Bailey fights like a monster when I do ear medicine and eyedrops (cataract surgery).

I got one of those soft nylon muzzles. As soon as I snap it on he just stands there with his tail wagging while I do his eyes and ears.