Auto Ordnance M1911s [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Auto Ordnance M1911s

isuzu
04-09-2006, 13:33
Fellow BOGs,

Are Auto Ordnance M1911s and its variants available in the Philippines? They're now owned by Kahr and they also produce M1 Carbines.

http://www.tommygun.com/ao_front_pi.html

paltik45
04-09-2006, 18:10
Sir way back in 1997 when I was in Villamor airbase I've seen a lot of officers that have either federal arms or auto-ord 1911. But I dont know if there are stores that carry them. Those auto ord 1911 are pre- KAHR amrs era and the one that I personaly shot was not realy that nice. I dont know if they are offial procurement or hand me downs from the USA. I hope this helps.:)

isuzu
04-09-2006, 18:29
You're right. The pre-Kahr Auto-Ordnance had terrible hammers and sears. Their frames and slides were okay, but the trigger pull faded quickly.

I think this problem has been corrected by Kahr. They're also releasing a stainless Commander and lightweight stainless Commander models. Prices are not that expensive.

paltik45
04-09-2006, 20:04
Yup with the price comparison I would rather go to ARMSCOR or Rock Island any time of the day. I've seen those three firearms at a gunshow and I think the Rock Island got most of the attention. Even the post Kahr 1911 is still sloppy I think.;)

isuzu
04-09-2006, 22:23
Has RIA changed their barrels already? RIA barrels looked ugly when the first pistols came out. Armscor's were better. I think Twin Pines supply their own barrels as well as parts. They just buy the frame and slide from Armscor.