I'm thinking about being environmentally responsible and get me a hybrid car [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking about being environmentally responsible and get me a hybrid car

fnfalman
04-11-2006, 10:15
Toyota or Honda?

In California hybrid car drivers can use the carpool lane even though they drive solo. Cali did this in order to give incentive to entice people to own hybrid cars.

But my main question is will chicks dig it? Will I be able to score more honeys by driving a POS and making myself looking like I'm sensitive and caring and all that hippy crap?

Kastivich01
04-11-2006, 10:18
Id go with a Civic hybrid if I was going to get one. Barely any noticable difference between gas versions.

And no, I dont think hybrids are going to be the chick magnet of the vehicle world.

fnfalman
04-11-2006, 11:05
Originally posted by Kastivich01
[B

And no, I dont think hybrids are going to be the chick magnet of the vehicle world. [/B]

There goes that idea. I think that I'll keep my BMW convertible then.

Heavy Barrel
04-11-2006, 12:14
You may want to read this!

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/high-cost-of-hybrid-vehicles-406/overview.htm?resultPageIndex=1&resultIndex=1&searchTerm=Hybrid%20Cars

perception
04-11-2006, 12:41
Also, if those batteries ever go, they will cost you out the a**. They are incredibly expensive.

fnfalman
04-11-2006, 12:45
It's a late April Fool's post. Haha.

Me? Environmentally responsible? I took catalytic converters out of all of my motorcycles and retuned them for power. Hell, a Chevy truck has better gas mileages than my bikes.

loki993
04-14-2006, 15:19
hybrid car also cause SMUG :)

slumpmaster
05-04-2006, 14:53
I have a 2005 Prius. More power and interior amenities/space than the Accord I traded in on it. Plus, it got me some :supergrin: .

But man is it UGLY. The 50+ mpg makes up for the looks, though.

epsylum
05-04-2006, 22:45
Originally posted by slumpmaster
[B Plus, it got me some :supergrin: .[/B]

And here we are buying sports cars like idiots.

:supergrin:

gixxer11
05-05-2006, 05:38
Originally posted by fnfalman
But my main question is will chicks dig it? Will I be able to score more honeys by driving a POS and making myself looking like I'm sensitive and caring and all that hippy crap?

Depends on what YOU want to do with/to the chicks! If your talking about "FUN" then probably less likely, but if your talking about attending "Save the Whales" seminars.....

All jokes aside, I've meet some very "responsible" women who don't want you to know what they are really thinking about. So yeah, Slumpman, I'm with you! A hybrid could get you plenty!!!!