anyone play WoW? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anyone play WoW?

malkore
04-12-2006, 11:15
any WoW players?

server?

horde or alliance?

just curious. I'm on a WoW hiatus...may not return. Kinda waiting to see what happens with Vanguard, by Sigil games.

Tvov
04-21-2006, 15:01
Nope, I don't. But I am curious. Can you play it online without a monthly fee? I thought I read that WOW requires a monthly fee.

MrMurphy
04-25-2006, 08:48
First month is free, after that, you pay.

$15/mo, or 3 mo $14, 6 mo/$12 per.

malkore
04-25-2006, 11:47
Correct, it is a subscription based game. Its a Massive Multiplayer Online Game...its always running whether you are playing or not. That's why it costs $$...you're paying to keep dozens of high end servers both running, as well as upgrading the hardware, paying for fat connections, and of course Blizzard puts cash in their pockets.

$15 a month sounds like a lot of money at first. But, compare it to something like cable television...because in truth, 95% of WoW players play a LOT.

In my prime, I would get home at 5:15pm, login to WoW by 5:30, and log off at 10-10:30pm. EVERY weekday...except fridays I played till I couldn't play no more. Then long stints on the weekends. Easily put in 20 hours a week, 30-35hours on some weeks.

When you figure out that the cost per hour for that subscription boils down to pennies, you realize its a pretty reasonable deal.

Granted its not for everyone.

There are free mmo's out there, like Guild Wars...you buy the game, but teh server usage is free.

MrMurphy
04-26-2006, 03:31
Runescape is a mini-MMO similar to WOW that's basically free (they charge too, to get to certain classes and into certain areas of the map) and it's fun to play, but there's a LOT of kids on there, pre-WOW and DSL-for-myself, I used to play that.

Tvov
04-26-2006, 04:52
lol, yea I have heard of Runescape, and it was from pre-teenagers. One of these days I'll check that out, just for the fun of it.

Yes, I understand about paying. I contribute money to help out running servers for Battlefield. Have you ever heard of the Black Knights clan? Just curious, I play on their Battlefield 2 server every now and then, and I guess they are, or at least were, big WOW players.

MrMurphy
04-27-2006, 09:51
I'm on Hellscream, Alliance, human rogue, as McElrath, and Mug'loth? I think it is, as Haakan, a dwarf hunter.

Poduck
05-25-2006, 14:24
Hey WoW fans!

I'm an Undead Rogue on the Windrunner server.

Currently level 31. But I'm working on it! :supergrin:

g19/15+1
06-13-2006, 06:14
Playin on the Moonrunner realm as a 44 warrior, and a 16 mage.