Hunting/ Hunting Gears [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hunting/ Hunting Gears

one_eye_kirat
04-13-2006, 20:45
Tried hunting once last week. The experience was great, and I'm looking forward for my next trip. Maybe, any of you guys knows shops in metro manila that sells great hunting gears such as rubber boots, vests, quick dry pants and etc. I'd appreciate it so much since ordering abroad takes a month or more.

brawnless
04-13-2006, 23:39
S.O.E. at makati cinema square sells tactical gear / equipment. You might find something interesting there.

Park Square in greenbelt also has some outdoor equipment store/s.

Hahn Manila may be a good place to try too.

deenoh
04-14-2006, 01:52
Where did you go hunting? What type of firearm did you use? I was once invited to go hunting in Real, Quezon but I never had a chance to do so. But I am still hoping to try it out.

9MX
04-14-2006, 08:20
one eye,

check out the merchandise at bombproof in robinson's galleria and the habagat outdoorshop at mega mall.

on items specifically for hunting, its hahn and there is another store in mcs, low key siya, i can't recall the name

Benj
04-14-2006, 08:57
Also curious on where you went hunting, been looking for such a place for quite some time :)

revo
04-14-2006, 09:24
I would go hunting .... for terrorists.

<smile>

isuzu
04-14-2006, 09:27
If you're hunting for ducks, you may want to use waders to keep you dry (and warm). If you have relatives in the midwest or in the States for that matter, there's a popular outdoor shop that we visited in the Nashville area. It's called Bass Pro Shops www.basspro.com. They have lots of hunting and fishing gear. Academy Sports at www.academy.com also sells hunting and fishing gear.

If you're using shotguns on marshland, you might want to use steel shots. Lead shots have known to pollute the environment.

Steel shots, however, have their limitations, especially when using choked shotguns. Every bullet and firearm manufacturer have their own data on these limitations.

one_eye_kirat
04-14-2006, 11:31
Thanks for all the overwhelming replies I'am receiving from fellow BOGS regarding this matter.

To answer your queries:

1. I'm using a Remington 1100 Competition Master which I purchased late last year. I bought it for the main purpose of joining the IPSC shotgun matches in the country.

2. My friend who tagged me along was the one who knows the different hunting grounds around the country. He's been into hunting for more than 2 decades. Sorry, but I can't disclose the location for now since it's exclusive within the group. We were able to catch ulok, tikling, snipes, and pakobo. Folks in the area are very much willing to shoot down the said species of birds since they are pests to their crops such as rice. They are used to hunters using shotguns around their area for 4 decades I guess. We use #8 shotshell or birdshots only. 00 are very much discouraged due to the area is already populated. Ducks can only be found in a different area and I believe it's season is on December.

9MX
04-14-2006, 13:31
Originally posted by Benj
Also curious on where you went hunting, been looking for such a place for quite some time :)

my father-in-law hunts almost on a weekly basis in the rizal area. my wife encourages me to join him. but i can't because; i'm a mountaineer (semi-retired), and i don't eat those birds, not even ducks. its the same place where Goma and his friends go to (via helicopter sila).