the assassin's weapon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : the assassin's weapon

theTactician
04-14-2006, 07:24
the beretta bobcat..
Chambered for .22LR or .25ACP (6.35 mm). This compact, rugged small frame measures just 4.9 inches (125 mm) overall and weighs only 11.5 ounces (325 grams). It features a lightweight, alloy frame, blued steel slide, tip-up barrel, and double/single action. The Bobcat comes with a 7-round magazine for .22LR ammunition, or an 8 round magazine for .25 (6.35 mm)caliber cartridges.

most assassins use the .22 caliber pistol because it can easily be concealed and carried and is the favorite weapon of choice for shooting at close range without having to worry about noise and is dead accurate.

is this availabe in the philippines?

isuzu
04-14-2006, 09:05
If you get to see the movie Brotherhood of the Rose (I think it was in two Betamax tapes when I saw it), the operators used Walther 22s as their weapon of choice.

Their reasons were the same. Concealability and you can pump a lot of bullets in a target in a short amount of time.

revo
04-14-2006, 09:22
Boy, we still have Betamax in Phils ?

Cool.

Anyway, in the Banderas-Stallone movie, the starting scene involved a Ruger .22.

isuzu
04-14-2006, 12:05
Originally posted by revo
Boy, we still have Betamax in Phils ?

Cool.

Anyway, in the Banderas-Stallone movie, the starting scene involved a Ruger .22.

Watched the movie in the mid-80's.:) The Brotherhood of the Rose was a very nice movie, and the one in charge of the firearms in the movie really did his homework.

theTactician
04-14-2006, 12:22
i read the book called "Vengeance" by george jonas which is actually the book where the movie "Munich" was based on and i've read that Avner himself was adept in using the 22 pistols during his training to become an agent for the mossad.

in the movie however, i dont know if i've seen them (Eric Bana as Avner) using the 22 but rather some form of a home-made pistol (i dont know what it is but it looked like "sumpak" to me, correct me if im wrong), remember when they killed that hot chick assassin? the weapon was pretty much silent and is lethal. I really love that movie, astig and brutally cold.

9MX
04-14-2006, 13:29
Originally posted by theTactician
i read the book called "Vengeance" by george jonas which is actually the book where the movie "Munich" was based on and i've read that Avner himself was adept in using the 22 pistols during his training to become an agent for the mossad.

i've read some articles long ago that says mossad agents prefers .22 for accuracy reasons.i just don't know if this is true up to now.

Django
04-14-2006, 20:15
Originally posted by 9MX
i've read some articles long ago that says mossad agents prefers .22 for accuracy reasons.i just don't know if this is true up to now.

Is this the same movie as "The Sword of Gideon"? IIRC, it was also about Mossad and the character was also named Avner. He pulled out the heads of his factory bullets,reduced the powder inside to minimize the sound of the gunfire and reloaded the bullet. I think he used a .32 or .380 with some form of suppressor attached to it.

9MX
04-14-2006, 20:32
Originally posted by Django
Is this the same movie as "The Sword of Gideon"?

I just remembered, the book's title was "Brotherhood of the Rose"

SMBeerDealer
04-14-2006, 22:07
Originally posted by 9MX
I just remembered, the book's title was "Brotherhood of the Rose"

The book by David Morrel "Brotherhood of the Rose" was made into a 4 or 5 hour miniseries in the 80s. Anybody got a lead on where I can get a hold of this? Any format will do. Thanks. :)

mikol
04-14-2006, 23:17
i know someone who had this unit(beretta bobcat).
seen it also in action in the range with the suppressor attached on it.
there are some FTE's & FTF's issues using armscors cal .22LR ammos.
i cannot give any details about this unit or it's owner 'coz it's not my right to do so. :supergrin:

blueeagle
04-15-2006, 00:52
i used to own one. bought it b/new for 19k. very accurate,could keep it in my pocket without any noticeable bulge, noise level approximated that of a 9mm, bullets more expensive than the 9mm. i gladly parted with it.bought a boomer instead.:laughabove:

brawnless
04-15-2006, 05:32
http://www.naaminis.com/index.html

One of their products made it to the last gunshow here.
Revolver = less problems with FTE / FTF. :supergrin:

Tempting. Good thing it was smaller than 9mm so the will-power prevailed. :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Allegra
04-15-2006, 08:12
Is this the same movie as "The Sword of Gideon"? IIRC, it was also about Mossad and the character was also named Avner. He pulled out the heads of his factory bullets,reduced the powder inside to minimize the sound of the gunfire and reloaded the bullet. I think he used a .32 or .380 with some form of suppressor attached to it.

Yup ,probably the same movie, galing sa book Vengeance ni Jonas kasi Avner din yung bida
They used 22s , but no fancy gunplay if I remember right
Ambush in the hallway lang when the target is vulnerable

Sa developed countries lang ginagamit yang 22
Dito sa atin, 45 at armalite pa rin
we like it loud

mikol
04-15-2006, 08:19
Originally posted by Allegra
we like it loud
45 at 9mm....tanong mo man sa mga vigilante nila mayor juan at pedro.;) ;)

theTactician
04-15-2006, 14:06
Originally posted by Allegra
Yup ,probably the same movie, galing sa book Vengeance ni Jonas kasi Avner din yung bida
They used 22s , but no fancy gunplay if I remember right
Ambush in the hallway lang when the target is vulnerable

we like it loud

Oo nga..hehehe..:-)
but in reality, if you want to kill someone and get away with it clean and smiling is to use a bullet that cant be identified by ballistics. yung 22 kasi, di po ba, di naman sya nababalistics and the mere fact that if you use a concealed and carry pistol, lightweight, and preferrably using 22 subsonics para "pfmm,pfmm" ang sound, mas ideal for assassinations coz when you shoot someone, you shoot at close range and ideally at the base of the skull, somewhere in the mastoid bone or in the epigastrium (uppermost part of the abdomen) directed upwards so it can hit the vital organs in the thorax (chest). Ideally...but, i dont know, i just read these stuff. im not an assassin myself. hehe.:-)and its immoral to take a human life for money, right? but the point is, that the 22 is a versatile weapon that can be used not just for vermints.

rhino465
04-15-2006, 15:15
I don't know any assassins (I think), so I have no idea what tools they use for their job(s). Logically, it seems they would use whatever is 1) available and 2) appropriate for a given task. A .22 might be useful in some situations, but it's hardly a one-size-fit-all tool.

9MX
04-15-2006, 21:48
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
The book by David Morrel "Brotherhood of the Rose" was made into a 4 or 5 hour miniseries in the 80s. Anybody got a lead on where I can get a hold of this? Any format will do. Thanks. :)

I was able to watch that series:)

For the video, you can buy the VHS copy at Amazon.com

mikol
04-16-2006, 01:47
Originally posted by rhino465
I don't know any assassins (I think), so I have no idea what tools they use for their job(s). Logically, it seems they would use whatever is 1) available and 2) appropriate for a given task. A .22 might be useful in some situations, but it's hardly a one-size-fit-all tool.
hi bro rhino465,
i don't know also any assassins.
just read it on the newspapers that all "hits" being done by the "assassins/cleaners" in our place & the neighboring city in the visayas region came from cal.45 & 9mm bullets.
the "cleaners" targets are usually those "BG's" who already had notorious records that are roaming around the city or just got out from prison & go back to their "bad habits". ;)

Alexii
04-16-2006, 03:11
Speaking of assassins, does anyone know what kind of suppressed pistols Stallone and Banderas used in the film Assassins? It looks small and short enough for concealed carry.

paltiq
04-16-2006, 03:58
ruger .22 silenced pistols ang gamit nila..kahit sa collateral ay ruger .22 din:)

mikol
04-16-2006, 09:32
Originally posted by Alexii
Speaking of assassins, does anyone know what kind of suppressed pistols Stallone and Banderas used in the film Assassins? It looks small and short enough for concealed carry.

i don't know about the pistol but maybe the suppressor is something like this? ;)
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=23307Yt3Fv&i=843089

wingz
04-16-2006, 17:58
As i have read from a few non-fiction mafia books, it is true that mob assasins (from 70's,80's,& 90's) prefer the concealable .22's & .380's for close hits and executions. One of the reasons given is the ballistic accuracy of this calibers at closer range of course. Another one is the concealment advantage. If you guys watched the movie goodfellas' there's a scene where joe pesci executed a woman pumping 2 shots at the back of her head using a small caliber gun, probably a 22. And afterwards he rests down the dead woman's head at the chair as if she had fell asleep, meaning there's no exit wounds or blood in her face. This merely implies that the bullet never exited the head even if it was shot at point blank, or the bullet stays inside for further damage on the target.:shocked:

Pepe308
04-16-2006, 19:51
A curious newbie mga sir... is .22 and .380 ammos abundant here in the Phils.? is .22 different from the .22LR or they're just the same? Are there shooting competitions for .22s or are they just fun/cleaner guns?

Kiddo
04-17-2006, 04:36
I know of 3 kinds of .22s. The .22LR, .22 Short, and .22 Magnum. There may be others out there.

darwin25
04-17-2006, 05:33
A couple of results using google hack

Sinkdrain Suppressor (http://www.thedisease.net/arcana/gunsmithing/Sinkdrain_Suppressor.pdf)
(You need to have acrobat reader installed)

A couple of others (http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=www.thedisease.net/arcana/+gunsmithing/%22*%22&hl=tl&lr=&start=10&sa=N) (Sundan nyo na lang ang mga address ng mga pdf files)

Hitman On-Line (http://users.telenet.be/sterf/texts/other/HitMan-Manual_for_Independent_Contractors.pdf)

attyjpl
04-20-2006, 19:36
Originally posted by Alexii

its the Ruger MKII with the barrel sawed-off to accommodate the silencer, 12 shots. i have this film in my video library and enjoy watching it whenever time permits

isuzu
04-20-2006, 23:17
Originally posted by Kiddo
I know of 3 kinds of .22s. The .22LR, .22 Short, and .22 Magnum. There may be others out there.

I think there's also .22 Long which has lower pressure than .22 LR. Very scarce now.

Vault Keeper
04-21-2006, 03:39
Would anyone know if the Mark II have the same grip angle as the 1911? Mark III is im positive...been wanting to get one but my bossing is always there now a days...baka ipakain na sa akin, mahirap na...:supergrin:

cebuboy
04-21-2006, 04:11
the mkii does not have the same grip as the 1911, what you need is the 22/45:) ruger 22 pistols are good value for money. i think the cia has a mkii with integral suppressor for cleaning purposes.

Walther PPK
04-24-2006, 00:46
Wow, I like the Ruger MK...do we have this locally available?

Thanks!

I saw this one on the net...

http://www.xcalibertactical.com/products/images/airsoft25.jpg

and this...ganda :)

http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/images/5_guns.jpg

cebuboy
04-24-2006, 04:03
twin pines has a nice selection of ruger MKII and MKIII pistols:)

Pepe308
04-25-2006, 20:20
Just called Twin Pines Cubao and Tutuban branch, they only have stocks of Walther P22, and Ruger rifle .22. :crying: I want a Ruger pistol.

wingz
04-25-2006, 22:04
Pepe308,

Bro, try this link http://www.aquilafaa.com/Products/Firearms.htm
:cool:

wingz

mikol
04-25-2006, 22:51
Originally posted by Pepe308
Just called Twin Pines Cubao and Tutuban branch, they only have stocks of Walther P22, and Ruger rifle .22. :crying: I want a Ruger pistol.
hi pepe308,
since you already got a NZ-85B & love it, why not get the norinco M-93 cal.22LR(Woodsman copy) rather than a Ruger MKII.
you can save some dough for the bullets bro & it means more plinking time with .22's. ;) ;)

theTactician
04-26-2006, 10:52
Originally posted by darwin25
A couple of results using google hack

Sinkdrain Suppressor (http://www.thedisease.net/arcana/gunsmithing/Sinkdrain_Suppressor.pdf)
(You need to have acrobat reader installed)

A couple of others (http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=www.thedisease.net/arcana/+gunsmithing/%22*%22&hl=tl&lr=&start=10&sa=N) (Sundan nyo na lang ang mga address ng mga pdf files)

Hitman On-Line (http://users.telenet.be/sterf/texts/other/HitMan-Manual_for_Independent_Contractors.pdf)

I like "Hitman-on-Line".

romram
04-27-2006, 08:37
watch MUNICH
they used .22 cal pistol for assasin
(the best tire pump);)

RunsWithScissor
04-27-2006, 08:49
Originally posted by Kiddo

In my pocket right now (I'm hanging around the house today) is a Bobcat loaded with birdshot (third in mag is a 22 LR, just in case). It's nice and warm today and snakes are starting to wander around. Handy little gun for the "Snake Assasin" in me.

Pepe308
04-27-2006, 21:53
I don't seem to know any assassinations here using a .22? Seems the .45 and 9mm is a favorite of our local hitmen?

Django
04-27-2006, 22:08
Originally posted by Pepe308
I don't seem to know any assassinations here using a .22? Seems the .45 and 9mm is a favorite of our local hitmen?

Yeah, for some strange reason, local hitmen like 'em big and loud.

Maybe because of the psychological impact of a loud gunshot report of these big calibers.

darwin25
04-27-2006, 23:57
Just wondering. What is it exactly about assasin's and ninjas that captures our fancy?

theTactician
04-28-2006, 01:05
[QUOTE]Originally posted by darwin25
Just wondering. What is it exactly about assasin's and ninjas that captures our fancy? [/QUOte

Its the way they cunningly, stealthily eliminate their targets or marks that makes them deadly. It is the gruesome way they murder their targets professionally and getting away with it like a walk in the park. They do this, either from a great distance or intimately close to their targets. Its the adrenaline rush of the job.

Allegra
04-28-2006, 03:28
Ninjas own the night
Eh night din ako lumalabas , havent seen one though

Eye Cutter
04-28-2006, 05:48
nabasa ko yan sa Clear and Present Danger fafa A!

I like the movie The Professional, starring Jean Reno. He was using suppressed berettas

Allegra
04-28-2006, 06:49
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
nabasa ko yan sa Clear and Present Danger fafa A!

I like the movie The Professional, starring Jean Reno. He was using suppressed berettas

Ako fave assasin movie ko Collateral , kasi pinatunayan ni Tom Cruise hindi pala siya badinger z
Ang he showed some real skills
Hope he uses what he learned sa MI3

theTactician
04-28-2006, 07:41
Me, I also like the hits made by Avner's men in "Munich" starring Eric Bana and Daniel Craig (the next james bond). Could you believe it? Daniel Craig as James Bond? Bond fans hated the idea. they actually formed a website called "Craignotbond.com" These fanatics are really into it.

I also like the old movie "The Day of the Jackal", "Collateral","the professional" and i also like the assassin from the movie "Bourne Supremacy". Astig.

Eye Cutter
04-28-2006, 08:01
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/RugerMK2.jpg

here's what i use to assasinate pesky darn cats and rats here in our place! hehehe!

Allegra
04-28-2006, 08:06
Originally posted by theTactician
Me, I also like the hits made by Avner's men in "Munich" starring Eric Bana and Daniel Craig (the next james bond). Could you believe it? Daniel Craig as James Bond? Bond fans hated the idea. they actually formed a website called "Craignotbond.com" These fanatics are really into it.

I also like the old movie "The Day of the Jackal", "Collateral","the professional" and i also like the assassin from the movie "Bourne Supremacy". Astig.

OT:
I'm a bond fan myself , I think Craig will be fine basta serious wag lang nila gawin cartoonish
Ian Fleming described Bond resembles a singer named Hoagy Carmichael
Sa google my pic sya
Pero fleming I think approved of fafa sean connery

Pepe308
04-28-2006, 20:58
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/RugerMK2.jpg

here's what i use to assasinate pesky darn cats and rats here in our place! hehehe!

Very nice doc! What model is that? Where did you bought it and how much?

Pepe308
04-28-2006, 21:12
Yeah, for some strange reason, local hitmen like 'em big and loud.

Maybe because of the psychological impact of a loud gunshot report of these big calibers.

Errr... and maybe there's no need to "silenced" the job... .