My Dad's stolen dog tags... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Dad's stolen dog tags...

garyo
04-14-2006, 19:36
My Dad called me a while back and asked if I knew where he could get a set of replacement dog tags, his originals were stolen in a home robbery a few years ago. I am a member of the VFW also and have been watching their magazines but didn't see anything. Anybody know where I might look? He was in Korea 51-54. Thanks.

skyboss_4evr
04-14-2006, 23:17
Look here...

http://www.uscav.com/search.aspx?Search=dog+tags&tabID=1

FDC
04-15-2006, 05:50
Just come on down to Fayetteville/Spring Lake. I'd go to Old Sarges in Spring Lake first though.
With Ft Bragg here there has to be at least 50 stores here that make dog tags, so you can shop around for the quality you want.

FDC
04-15-2006, 05:59
You can get to Old Sarges by taking 401 and getting on 210 in Lillington. Just take a left(South) on 87(Bragg Blvd), and you'll see a camo painted building on the right. Just behind it is Old Sarges new building. Probably about a 45 minute drive if you take your time.

Disclaimer--I have no business interests with them, they just seem to have some decent services available.

RussP
04-15-2006, 10:59
A pox on the thieves who stole your dad's tags. Tags are important. If they could talk...

I gave my tags to my son to take to Iraq when he left 5 Jan 05. He brought them home 4 Dec 05. I told him they were wrapped in the same masking tape I put on them in late September 1968 when I flew my first combat mission, the tape that had been soaked in sweat many times during the 126 combat missions we flew.

Now, the sands of Iraq are mixed into the tape. The tags are invaluable. And they are still on the original chute cord from '68, too.

My prayer is that someone will find them at a flea market, look your dad up and get them back to him.;)

:cool:

garyo
04-15-2006, 15:23
Thanks all for the replies. I keep mine in the safe.

FDC,

A good idea, I am very close to there as I live in Garner. The wife and I will take a day and go down there. I want to try and get them for Fathers Day.

FDC
04-15-2006, 15:48
Originally posted by garyo
Thanks all for the replies. I keep mine in the safe.

FDC,

A good idea, I am very close to there as I live in Garner. The wife and I will take a day and go down there. I want to try and get them for Fathers Day.

99% of the places here will do it as you wait. If they don't just walk on next door. Also, if you haven't been down here in awhile, Ft Bragg is a closed post. You can still go through Bragg Blvd, but the rest of the post is closed unless you have an ID.