squibman model 11a [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : squibman model 11a

atmarcella
04-14-2006, 20:53
hi guys,

i just inherited a neglected squibman model 11-a from my father in law, he cant find the magazine anymore, where do you think can i get one??? and more importantly the first thing i did was run a patch w/ hoppes #9 thru the barrel... now how will i know if the barrel is still ok??? i stuck a flashlight thru the breech area and looked down on the barrel, how should i know if this barrel is still ok and the gun is worth spending money over and saving?????

thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions;)

long live BOGS;)

isuzu
04-14-2006, 21:31
Is the Squibman a model for Squires Bingham? You might want to try and get in touch with Armscor. Their current magazines might just fit the Squibman.

Also, try running a patch of Hoppes No. 9 a couple of times and let it soak overnight. Repeat the process another time since the rifle has been in storage for a long period. Shoot a couple of rounds to check if it's still accurate.

Good luck with your new find.:)

atmarcella
04-15-2006, 00:30
yes sir its manufactured by squires and bingham, thanks i'll try armscor... so the only way to see if the barrel is still ok is to fire a couple of rounds and see if its still accurate?? hhhhmmmm that means i have to borrow a scope from someone:supergrin:

Django
04-15-2006, 05:47
Andrew,

Is it a bolt action Model 11a?

If the mag of this model is the "banana" type, Armscor does not produce them anymore, the recent models having straight magazines.

Your best bet is to look for a .22 Remington rifle magazine of this configuration and have your gunsmith tune it so that it will function properly in your S&B.

Another option is to have your 'smith manufacture a mag for it if he can.

The last option I think would be cheaper since the Rem mags do not come cheap at around 2 thou each.

Good luck in your search. :)

atmarcella
04-15-2006, 10:07
yes jun its the bolt action 11-a.

yes i think banana type mag sya cos the mag well is canted forward.

try ko nalang sa clip merchandising sa gunshow baka sakali meron pa sila.

thanks again;)

Django
04-16-2006, 05:44
Another option is to have your rifle's magazine chute so that it will accept the newer straight mags of Armscor. I've seen a Model 11-A modified in this manner.

atmarcella
04-16-2006, 23:19
ah ok kung walang mag sa next gunshow pa modify kna sya... tnx atty. jun;)

Django
04-17-2006, 04:12
No problemo.

I know how you feel. I received an S&B Model 11-A without a magazine as a gift from a friend who migrated to the US four years ago.

The gun is still with me. It now has a Remington magazine and shoots neat groups. :)

paltiq
04-17-2006, 04:39
compatible pa rin ang .22 mags ng squibman,squiresbingham,armscor kahit 40yrs. na:shocked:

kahit yung mags. para sa kanilang m16/ak47 look-alike ay pwede mo rin magamit.

try calling armscor...P 600 yata each.

atmarcella
04-17-2006, 04:41
mahanapan ko ng paraan magazine nito, pa hardchrome ko to tapos palitan ng stock... synthetic, tapos scope, aimpoint for low light conditions... ang dami pa kasi civet "musang", sa likod ng bahay:supergrin:

atmarcella
04-17-2006, 04:42
tnx paltiq;)

vega
04-20-2006, 19:36
What other FAs did your father-in-law neglected? Does the barrel says Squires Bingham or Armscor? SB are hard to find and have better bores than Armscor stamp barrels. The old ones came from Germany. That is a very good inheritance.

Django
04-20-2006, 20:11
Actually, the barrel of the Model 11-A sports the Squibman brand.

batangueno
04-20-2006, 20:37
Originally posted by vega
What other FAs did your father-in-law neglected? Does the barrel says Squires Bingham or Armscor? SB are hard to find and have better bores than Armscor stamp barrels. The old ones came from Germany. That is a very good inheritance.
Hmmmmm, i have to check that Squires Bingham air rifle i had when i was a kid. :)

atmarcella
04-21-2006, 06:21
but its stamped in the barrel "manufactured in the philippines" :crying: