air riffle/pellet gun telescope problem... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : air riffle/pellet gun telescope problem...

badshot9mm
04-17-2006, 01:01
mga bossing i need some input...

last time i was reading about the 22lLR thread regarding mice and cats...

well during the last weakend i had some free time and so i got to spend them with my air riffle. It's a localy made airgun that uses pellets...

Mine had a Tasco 3-9x32 telescope that came with the rifle when i bought it from it's previous owner...

my problem is that the telescope is wobly and is not permanently fixed to the rifle. I spent sometime to sight the scope and adjusting it left,right, up and down. I was able to fire some shots (birds are abundant here, mostly the ubiquitous Maya...) and i got some shots on the mark. But the scope would most of the time get out of sight and my shots are misdirected. I found out that the scope is lose and no amount of tightening on the screws would fix the problem. What should I do...?

HELP...

wunder9
04-17-2006, 02:26
If screws keeps loosening, try locktite. If the scope is loose inside the scope rings, u can add shims to tighten the fit.

infinitecolt
04-17-2006, 06:06
there are two popular air rifles in the market. PCP powered and the conventional CO2. If you shoot CO2 rapidly, pressure drops which affects accuracy. Weather temperature (hot and cold) also affects CO2 pressure consequently affecting accuracy. This is where PCP air rifle rule.

Your air rifle also is very limited in range. If you zero th scope at 15 yards, there is a marked difference if you shoot the same gun at 25 yards.

If the mount on the rifle "wobbles", change the scope mount or do something with the gun's scope rails.

Good luck.

vega
04-19-2006, 20:34
The way I see it, you have a 1" diameter scope and 30mm mount. No amount of tightening will hold your scope.
Yun ba ang maluwag? Need more input.