04-24-2006, 03:59
Good day po mga pistoleros,

i have g19, but im planning to buy one
can u give some suggestion about P99 and 92FS,
accuracy,durability.

thanks

cebuboy
04-24-2006, 04:09
hi RTMonforte, buy another glock:) kidding aside, saw a p99 frame crack just above the trigger guard, but the gun still works. the locking piece of berettas are prone to breakage. most of our local police here that are active in the shooting sports encountered that problem with their issue berettas.

RTMonforte
04-24-2006, 04:14
salamat sir,
in compare to glock,means mas durable pa kesa dito sa dalawa.

RTMonforte
04-24-2006, 04:20
plano ko kasi sa bibilhin ko yong pwede sa shooting sports and pwede rin concealed carry,

any gun can you advice sir,budget ko lang 50t,mahirap mangupit kay kumander ng budget:supergrin:

kristiansen
04-24-2006, 04:33
hi! you can use your g19 for shooting competitions.carry what you shoot and shoot what you carry.just my 2 cents po.cheers.

cebuboy
04-24-2006, 05:10
the cz 75/85 is popular in the production division. for carry and play, i think the g19 can do a good job for both:)

MR_BIG
04-24-2006, 07:39
ill go with the 92fs, plenty of parts to start with, since you're carrying a 19, try mo rin 34

mtho
04-24-2006, 10:48
i think the 34 won't qualify for the production in ipsc. but thats a good gun,lower na yung trigger pull.sa standard na yata sya papasok pero minor. baka sa idpa mas lamang di lang ako sigurdo

akula
04-24-2006, 16:48
I had a Walther P99 DA/SA model about four years ago. The customizable grip is one of the better grips. I use the medium size. The SA trigger is one of the sweetest in DA/SA guns -- much better that my CZ85. My split was better vs my later CZ. The slide is heavy, but still flips a lot like glock -- but I personally believe handles better that glock because of the grip.

One thing is that you can use lead bullets, but chamber is tight and bullet length is custom set to P99 barrel. I encountered keyholes when bullet are quite short, and has problem extracting loaded round when set too high. It depends though on the ogive of the bullet head.

I broke a firing pin during a dry fire. That was the only breakage I had when it was with me for two years. It was active in IPSC shooting for around 8 months, when I decided to get a 'real' steel gun (Tanfoglio, later CZ).

I sold it later to my brother in law, when I got the smaller G26.

jasonub
04-24-2006, 18:11
1911 no contest.

second is a hk.

then a sig.

isuzu
04-24-2006, 18:28
Originally posted by cebuboy
saw a p99 frame crack just above the trigger guard, but the gun still works. the locking piece of berettas are prone to breakage. most of our local police here that are active in the shooting sports encountered that problem with their issue berettas.

Tried a friend's P99 and it handled well. IMHO, it's smaller and concealable than a Glock 19.

The problem with locking blocks cracking in Berettas has been corrected in subsequent generations of 92Fs. It can be a result of lightening the recoil spring and hammer spring. I lightened the hammer spring on the Taurus PT92 that I gave my wife, but at the same time, changed the recoil spring to an extra power spring to compensate for the reduction in the hammer spring.

If you plan to carry concealed, get a P99 or a Glock 19. If you plan to carry your gun in a fanny pack, get either a Beretta 92F, Taurus PT92 (which is essentially a Beretta, only priced lower), or a Glock 17.:)

Wp.22
04-24-2006, 19:30
sir RTMonforte,

same problem kayo ng uncle ko before he wanted a gun for carry. pinagpipilian nya yung p99 at 92fs. eventually yung 92fs ang binili nya because of parts availablity at sabi nyamas maganda raw yung trigger pull ng 92fs compare sa p99.

SMBeerDealer
04-24-2006, 22:32
Originally posted by cebuboy
the locking piece of berettas are prone to breakage. most of our local police here that are active in the shooting sports encountered that problem with their issue berettas.

These problems are encountered in Beretta 92F's and are no longer present in the 92FS's. The only problems I enconountered with my Beretta was broken firing pin when I kept on dry firing so much and a broken trigger spring. The former can be prevented by the use of punched leather swatches placed to cushion the hammer fall (I found dummy ammo/snap caps ineffective).

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/SMBDealer/Dryfire2.jpg

The latter with an aftermarket spring system. Alexii knows where to order this.

I've been shooting my 92FS in production division on and off for almost 2 years and it has yet to fail me. Eats all the ammo I've tried in it. Replaced the hammer spring with the 92D's to lighten the trigger pull early 2005 and that's it. You're ready to play. You could also get the Mec-Gar mags that carry 17 (can be modified to take in 18) rounds.

It also easily fits in my fanny pack so I can take it along with me. Too big for an IWB rig, though.

Good luck with your choice.

RTMonforte
04-25-2006, 00:55
maraming salamat po sa mga comments and suggestion niyo:bowdown: :bowdown:

so far 92fs ang gusto ko and maybe the 1911 as jason said,sa recoiling mga sir alin ang maganda,92fs or 1911? malakas pa kaya kesa sa g19,

alamin ko na muna siguro ang mga prices nila at distributor.

salamat po uli

needs more suggestion
thanks

cebuboy
04-25-2006, 04:15
hehehe, the problem is that you just cant have enough:) why not have them all. it all depends on what you will use your gun for. afaik, you cant have a single pistol excell in all criterias:supergrin:

asian_glockster
04-25-2006, 04:33
I used to carry my G19 but unfortunately, the headspace or breechface cracked. Happened to me twice. Dry firing was the culprit.
As long as you use a dummy ammo for dry firing for your Glock, there will never be a problem. Between P99 or a Beretta 92FS, I'll go for a Walther. It's lighter and easier to carry while the Beretta is somewhat larger than a 1911 if you consider carrying it. Accuracy and Reliability wise, I think that they are both ok.

MR_BIG
04-25-2006, 09:06
Originally posted by mtho
i think the 34 won't qualify for the production in ipsc. but thats a good gun,lower na yung trigger pull.sa standard na yata sya papasok pero minor. baka sa idpa mas lamang di lang ako sigurdo

sorry, didnt read the production part. :supergrin:

Alexii
04-26-2006, 21:32
If you're going the Beretta route, make sure that the model is 92FS and not 92S (like those reconditioned units being sold for 20k plus).

Good luck and let us know when you finally have your pistol.:)

ShipWreck
04-27-2006, 05:31
I have had numerous Berettas. But for me, the Walther P99 is the most accurate gun I have ever shot. I shoot it better than even 1911s, for some strange reason.

revo
04-27-2006, 22:23
Pssst...get them both.

Don't worry.

With guns, you can be a two-timer and nobody will complain.

:cool:

kcboy
04-27-2006, 22:53
id get the walther p99 just because it's abetter gun, in my opinion.

Tejeron
04-28-2006, 09:06
I like the grip of the P99 and its size to concealed and carry but not as instinctly pointable compare to Glock

The Beretta just too big and heavy to carry

RTMonforte
04-29-2006, 04:11
Originally posted by asian_glockster
I used to carry my G19 but unfortunately, the headspace or breechface cracked. Happened to me twice. Dry firing was the culprit.
As long as you use a dummy ammo for dry firing for your Glock, there will never be a problem. Between P99 or a Beretta 92FS, I'll go for a Walther. It's lighter and easier to carry while the Beretta is somewhat larger than a 1911 if you consider carrying it. Accuracy and Reliability wise, I think that they are both ok.

try mo sir bawasan ang SPACER SLEEVE, wag lang masyadong maikli.
tama lang na tatama ang labi ng firing pin sa SLEEVE kesa yong firing pin ang tatama sa breech face. check mo rin firing pin baka di na umabot sa primer.
sinubukan ko to sa g19 ko, so far so good,kahit dry fire mo w/out snap cap ok lang, maririnig mo deference (sound) ng tumatama sa breechface at spacer sleeve

choi_tan2000
05-04-2006, 00:50
sir ask lang po kasi me g17 me and always dry firing it at night with dumy bullet sometimes none anu po ba ung breechface ? tnx pls help po tnx i mite broke my baby glock and one thing more is it practical to dispose my armscor 1911 and get g22 sir tnx in advance pls help im so confused napo

choi_tan2000
05-04-2006, 00:53
sorry sir ha nasingit question ko my attention was catch kasi re: breechface eh tnx po anyways heres my 1911 planning to trade with g22 tnx po sa help

igorts
05-04-2006, 01:12
i had both guns, walter was sold next day after i made some comparing shooting.
Love my Beretta 92FS Brigadier INOX...upper class above ****ty p99.

mikol
05-04-2006, 01:32
[QUOTE]Originally posted by choi_tan2000
[B]anu po ba ung breechface?QUOTE]
yun yung flat vertical area facing the chamber of the barrel na me butas kung saan lumalabas yung firing pin noong G17 mo choi. :)

choi_tan2000
05-04-2006, 02:20
ah ok sir tnx for the info posible po pala na msira sya . so kung masira or mabreak sya papalitan muna po ba ung slide mu
tnx sir medyo ignornte pa sa glock hehe tnx po for kindness

mikol
05-04-2006, 02:35
Originally posted by choi_tan2000
ah ok sir tnx for the info posible po pala na msira sya . so kung masira or mabreak sya papalitan muna po ba ung slide mu
tnx sir medyo ignornte pa sa glock hehe tnx po for kindness
hi choi,
i don't have any glock for now but saw some previous posting about kb's & breechface problem of Glocks.
you might want to pm cebuboy kasi sya mas maraming alam about this matter.
marami kasi syang mga ka tropa doon sa cebu that encountered this type of problems with glocks. baka meron clang remedyo sa ganitong problema. :)

choi_tan2000
05-04-2006, 03:13
tnx a lot for the info sir it wil be vary useful for me tnx

RTMonforte
05-04-2006, 22:39
Originally posted by choi_tan2000
sir ask lang po kasi me g17 me and always dry firing it at night with dumy bullet sometimes none anu po ba ung breechface ? tnx pls help po tnx i mite broke my baby glock and one thing more is it practical to dispose my armscor 1911 and get g22 sir tnx in advance pls help im so confused napo

mga bogs, correct me if im wrong..

sir choi, sa observation ko kc, once you pull the trigger, firing pin will touch the breechface bcoz of firing pin spring,pero kung babawasan mo ng konti yong apacer sleeve, gagaan ang tension ng firing pin spring at tatama ang DILA ng firing pin sa spacer sleeve kesa don sa breechface, syempre yong tamang bawas lang bka kasi di na rin umabot ang firing pin sa primer ng bala mo..

thanks

Ferdz
05-06-2006, 23:50
Sirs,is it advisable to always use a (Pachmayr)dummy round when dry-firing your pistol regardless if Taurus 9mm, Armscor .40 or Norinco .45 ito? Years ago kasi, after making sure empty chamber, I dry-fired someone's Colt 1991A1 .45 and he almost freaked out saying baka masira gun niya, he chambered a Pachmayr round for me to safely dry fire the pistol para ma-feel ko the custom trigger job.

RTMonforte
05-08-2006, 08:44
Originally posted by Ferdz
Sirs,is it advisable to always use a (Pachmayr)dummy round when dry-firing your pistol regardless if Taurus 9mm, Armscor .40 or Norinco .45 ito? Years ago kasi, after making sure empty chamber, I dry-fired someone's Colt 1991A1 .45 and he almost freaked out saying baka masira gun niya, he chambered a Pachmayr round for me to safely dry fire the pistol para ma-feel ko the custom trigger job.

yong parabellum ko dati,UPOS lang ng sigarilyo okey na, kalang mo lang sa pagitan ng firing pin at hammer, safe pa pati hammer mo

Allegra
05-08-2006, 08:52
Originally posted by Ferdz

sensitive lang yung friend mo sa gamit :)
Has anybody heard of a 1911 damaged from dryfiring?
I'm really curious, kasi bugbog yung baril ko sa dry fire wala naman nangyari

jasonub
05-08-2006, 20:17
so far i never did use snapcaps for my usp and 1911.

for 1911 there is really no need for a snapcap. upos ng sigarillo or any gadget. you cant break it dryfiring

pogi
05-08-2006, 21:34
A bit of sharing lang:

Lito Pible, my mentor, claims he dry fires no less than 2 hours a day. This does NOT include his regular actual run & firing with Jason, SY,Teody and other guys for that day. WALANG PROBLEMA UP TO NOW.

I bought a "snapcap" for my Para40 at Hanh Manila. Was using it for dry firing at home regularly-FACING OUR HEADBOARD FULL SIZED MIRROR.
Kaya naman sa harap ng mirror para I can see kung POGI pa rin habang pumuputok. Heheheheh. NO! Para makita ko kong tama stance, mukha, posisyon, grip etc.

One time I decided to run around the sala pretending some frames and a golf bag as targets. Was happy with the snapcap until...pag-aim ko sa golf bag, BANG! Pumutok ang snapcap. Sumabog. BUTAS-BUTAS ANG GOLF BAG KO! Mabuti hindi sa mirror nakatutok!

This led me to write Hanh Manila and asked them to explain why DID THAT SNAPCAP EXPLODE?

Questions:
1. Snapcaps are NOT supposed to explode di ba? I had that red dummy bullet for my Colt.45 before na may spring sa loob.
2. Is there a possibility na "the snapcap that was handed to me was actually the one being used by U.S.cops against unruly crowds? The one that has hard rubber simulating the slug.

Django
05-08-2006, 21:58
Pogi -

Is this for real or what? :shocked:

choi_tan2000
05-08-2006, 22:00
yes sir its not suppose to explode u should complain that really. pero sir ok un ah pwede kaya makabili nun ok sa mga lasing un para madala hehehe jok lang po

maybe nagkamali nga sila co di talaga dapat sya pumutok.

pogi
05-08-2006, 22:45
Django,
YES Sir! That snapcap was from Hahn Manila-Ali Mall Branch(they have this in all Hanh branches). Shell is painted metallic light-gray and slug is hard rubber.
Tapos, ang putok nya, Sir, parang baril na naka-permenante. Softer than .22.

choi-tan2000,
Sir, you can buy them at all Hahn branches. If I recall right, P20+ each.

Django
05-08-2006, 22:51
Originally posted by pogi
Django,
YES Sir! That snapcap was from Hahn Manila-Ali Mall Branch(they have this in all Hanh branches). Shell is painted metallic light-gray and slug is hard rubber.

choi-tan2000,
Sir, you can buy them at all Hahn branches. If I recall right, P20+ each.

I do not think that bullet you bought is a snap cap or a dummy bullet! More of a rubber bullet maybe. You know, the one they use to disperse mobs.

Next time, just buy the AZoom brand available at all Twin Pines branches. Am 100 percent sure they will not fire.

pogi
05-08-2006, 23:50
Django,
Siguro nga. Pero they call it as "snap cap".
Sana, I should have bought a lot. Puede sya sa mga "LASHING", askal na kinakalat basura namin and pusa na......
TAMA NA NGA! MARAMING MAG-RERE-ACT.
TY, Sir.

choi_tan2000
05-09-2006, 00:49
cge sir try ko ke hannn

tnx po
i wanna try sir interested me hehe

Allegra
05-09-2006, 01:34
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pogi
[B]A bit of sharing lang:

Lito Pible, my mentor, claims he dry fires no less than 2 hours a day. This does NOT include his regular actual run & firing with Jason, SY,Teody and other guys for that day. WALANG PROBLEMA UP TO NOW.

I bought a "snapcap" for my Para40 at Hanh Manila. Was using it for dry firing at home regularly-FACING OUR HEADBOARD FULL SIZED MIRROR.
Kaya naman sa harap ng mirror para I can see kung POGI pa rin habang pumuputok. Heheheheh. NO! Para makita ko kong tama stance, mukha, posisyon, grip etc.

Sino ba yang Lito na yan? dami ata nyang minementor
Magaling ba yan?
hehehe Pakisabi nga kay tolits kung pwede bawiin ko ulit yung bigay kong rayban sa kanya. Uso na ulit.
Para maging kasing cool ko sya....cool sa mga kids ahihihi

pogi
05-09-2006, 01:51
Allegra,

Hehehe! OO nga ano, no-si ba iyang Tolits na yan? Pero ang galing talaga ng loko-maski SENIOR NA!!!!!!!! Maski sa KIDS-MAGALING DIN AT MABILIS!
Re: Rayban, iba na ginagamit nya ngayon. Minsan Rudy P. minsan Oakley. TUNAY HA! HINDI PIRATED!

Allegra
05-09-2006, 02:19
Allegra,

Hehehe! OO nga ano, no-si ba iyang Tolits na yan? Pero ang galing talaga ng loko-maski SENIOR NA!!!!!!!! Maski sa KIDS-MAGALING DIN AT MABILIS!
Re: Rayban, iba na ginagamit nya ngayon. Minsan Rudy P. minsan Oakley. TUNAY HA! HINDI PIRATED!

ops , teka , kumpare ko yan pero hindi ako senior ha!!
team mate ko yan dati . team mate sa kayabangan nyahaha

pogi
05-09-2006, 19:25
(ops , teka , kumpare ko yan pero hindi ako senior ha!!
team mate ko yan dati . team mate sa kayabangan nyahaha)

Hehe! Kumpare mo pala.
Kidding aside, talagang magaling. He taught me some secrets in positioning, what target to shoot first, moving to next port while still shooting last target, proper way of shooting while walking and a LOT MORE. BUT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO 1...condition 1-AT 25 METERS-SHOOT 3 BOARDS (2 EACH) ALL ALPHA IN ONLY 4 SECONDS. I CAN'T. He does it at 4.2 seconds 1 or 2 down.

I'm more SENIOR na than he is and a newbie to practical shooting, it takes a while before I can apply all those he taught. Medyo malabo na tingin ko sa front sight (kasi wala pa akong "graded eye protector" ni Doc EC) kaya ang traverses ko TANTIYAHAN na lang. But I'm happy with I learned. Siguro mga 5-10 years pa maganda na putok ko. OPPS, mabilis yata yun. Mga 10-15 years pa.

Also, LAHAT, repeat LAHAT, ng na-mentor nya before talagang ang GAGALING now.

Team mate pala kayo...sa...
EH DI ANG DAMING NYONG MEMBERS NG TEAM NA TAGA LAG-PSG? SIGURADONG KILALA MONG MAIGI YUNG IBA.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH! JOKE lang!

darth board
05-11-2006, 00:59
Django,

choi-tan2000,
Sir, you can buy them at all Hahn branches. If I recall right, P20+ each. sir marlboro lang gamit ko mas mura sa snap caps. :supergrin: