Need help with 1994 Lincoln Continental [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 1994 Lincoln Continental

MGE
04-24-2006, 21:01
Right now I am experiencing trouble with my car, a 1994 Lincoln Continental. Both the wiper motor and one rear air shock is out, but these are my questions.

When I call to ask about the wiper motor, they ask if it is single or dual plug. What do they mean?

Also, is there anyplace that is secure and I can find an air shock at a bargain (I am asking more for the hell of it)?

Thanks.

slaytera666
04-26-2006, 11:15
www.car-part.com

cb1
04-30-2006, 01:21
MGE, On the wiper motor, I assume they are refering to 1 or 2 plug in connections. If you are unsure have them bring out both types and compare to yours. I have several crown vics that have had air suspension problems. If the bag is bad I bet the motor has been working overtime. If the bags and pump go bad it is big dollars. I chose to replace the bags with springs. The vic only has the bags in rear. Some lincolns have them front and back which is worse. If you do a web search on air suspension there are a couple companies that specialize in the bags and motors as well as conversions. Good luck, CB

MGE
05-05-2006, 22:19
Thanks for the information so far.

I have yet another question, can a 1993 Lincoln Continental air shock fit in a 1994 Lincoln Continental? Everything seems to indicate it does since the parts are usually sold for both years but the guy where I found them says his computer indicates otherwise.

Also, I can't find any information giving a yes or no.

autoparts
05-24-2006, 06:29
The air suspension on late '80s, early '90s Continentals is not found on other Fords or Lincolns and costs thousands to have replaced. A lot of otherwise perfectly good Continentals went to the junk yard because their air suspensions died.

Luckily, Monroe offers a kit to completely replace the Continental air suspension with coil springs and struts. It has been for sale quite a few years and Continental owners are happy with it because it saved their cars.

The kit is Monroe Part # 90001 and currently costs $438.79 at RockAuto.com Auto Parts. It is listed under "Strut Assembly" in the www.rockauto.com catalog. There is a complete description written by Monroe under the "More Info" button.

WIPER MOTOR:
Wiper motors with one or two plugs were installed on the 1994 Contenintal. Buy the wiper motor that has the same number of plugs as the one on the car. Here are photos of the two plug motor: http://www.rockauto.com/ref/Cardone/Detail.html?40298.jpg
Here are photos of the one plug motor: http://www.rockauto.com/ref/Cardone/Detail.html?402001.jpg
Both motors cost about $60 and are found under "Wiper and Washer" at RockAuto.com.

Ford302Glock21
05-27-2006, 16:44
I had an 87 Lincoln Continental and know all about the air suspension. I had mine swapped out with a strutmasters coil spring conversion. The best thing you can do is get one from them or monroe or whoever you like. I believe its easier on later model Lincolns because they just put in a coil over shock kit. You can also get the bags from strutmasters as well.