what norinco 45 to get? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what norinco 45 to get?


kcboy
04-27-2006, 17:58
sirs,
solicit lang ako ng advice from the BOGs out there,
what model should i get?
the norinco police, np30, other models or should i wait for the np44? advantages and disadvantages of the models? mag compatibility and other issues...any response will be highly appreciated....:)

Eye Cutter
04-27-2006, 22:46
I'll go for the Government Model 1911-A1.

I'll gut out everything and replace all factory originals with premium aftermarket parts and end up with just the norinco frame.

kcboy
04-27-2006, 22:52
sir,
if i do that won't you spend a lot more in the long run???

isuzu
04-27-2006, 23:17
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
I'll go for the Government Model 1911-A1.

I'll gut out everything and replace all factory originals with premium aftermarket parts and end up with just the norinco frame.

I think the barrel is quite accurate, too. And it's chromelined.

Django
04-27-2006, 23:27
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
I'll go for the Government Model 1911-A1.

:agree:

It's a good gun and you could do the changeover of the internals in stages if you're working on a budget.

I'd start with good sights, a beavertail and a trigger job and leave the other parts stock meantime.

Eye Cutter
04-27-2006, 23:27
sir,
if i do that won't you spend a lot more in the long run???


of course! you'll probably spend 2-3x on aftermarket parts than the original cost of the unit, but that is the beauty of the 1911 format...

besides, how much is a brand new Colt 1911 now? 50-55k? you'll still spend less with the norinco and get your very own customized pistol!

Eye Cutter
04-27-2006, 23:30
Batangueno ordered the norinco commander model from Deenoh.

Knowing Paul, matitira lang dun yung frame! Papalitan niya lahat ng parts! Nakabili na nga siya ng Novak rear sights sa PB Dionisio. Naka sale kasi!

kcboy
04-28-2006, 02:59
dealer po ba si deenoh ng norinco? i always inquire abt norinco and taurus and glocks sa trust n trade....

mtho
04-28-2006, 23:37
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
of course! you'll probably spend 2-3x on aftermarket parts than the original cost of the unit, but that is the beauty of the 1911 format...

besides, how much is a brand new Colt 1911 now? 50-55k? you'll still spend less with the norinco and get your very own customized pistol!

Brand new colt at PBD is 70th

Alexii
04-28-2006, 23:44
What if one goes the 'all-stock-parts' route with the Norinco 1911A1 (well, not including its grips and puny sights) and have all the innards polished and smoothened-- would this be a viable alternative?

Eye Cutter
04-28-2006, 23:58
alexii: yes, that is a viable option keeping it all stock!

But i recommend changing the hammer, sear, and disconnector. Extreme Engineering makes an excellent trigger group!

Next will be to replace the grips, add a beavertail and change the sights to bomar, heinie's or novak's.

magazines: wilson, chip mcormick, mecgar, kobra mags if available dito

edited to add: i'll also replace all the springs with ISMI

st. matthew
04-29-2006, 00:41
guys, magkakano ang 1911 A-1 government model na norinco ngayon?
puede bang gawin .40 caliber siya?

Eye Cutter
04-29-2006, 04:47
70k na ang Colt?!? hooowaaaww!

magkano norinco govt model? 18-20k inclusive of license from deenoh?

upgrades and aftermarket parts: all prices are from shooters connection website

beavertail: STI $30
Hammer, sear, disconnector: Extreme Engineering group $130
trigger: STI $30
rear sights: Novak $30
front sights: Dawson fiberoptic $30
Grips: STI $55
Magazines: CMC Powermags $20 ea
Full length guide rod: STI $20
Match barrel bushing: $20
ISMI springs: recoil spring, hammer spring

gunsmithing:
checkering front strap
lower ejection port
dovetail slide to install front and rear sights
polish all parts (inside slide and barrel hoods
other cosmetic enhancements like flatten slide top, front serrations, etc.
reblueing
ano pa???

hindi aabot yung total to 70k!

batangueno
04-29-2006, 05:43
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Batangueno ordered the norinco commander model from Deenoh.

Knowing Paul, matitira lang dun yung frame! Papalitan niya lahat ng parts! Nakabili na nga siya ng Novak rear sights sa PB Dionisio. Naka sale kasi!
Hahaha, hindi naman. :supergrin:

Doc, ikaw wala ka pang commander di ba? :supergrin:

isuzu
04-29-2006, 08:24
Originally posted by st. matthew
guys, magkakano ang 1911 A-1 government model na norinco ngayon?
puede bang gawin .40 caliber siya?

I guess the slide as well as extractor, firing pin and ejector is different for a .45 ACP as opposed to .40, .38 Super and 9mm.

Eye Cutter
04-29-2006, 10:09
happy na ako dun sa Ranger-STI Trojan clone ko!

isuzu
04-29-2006, 23:18
For a Norinco 1911, I'd get a full size and commander from Deenoh. I'm sure you'll order a commander after you have ordered a full size 1911 or vice versa.:)

Hermo Gut
04-30-2006, 02:34
Originally posted by isuzu
For a Norinco 1911, I'd get a full size and commander from Deenoh. I'm sure you'll order a commander after you have ordered a full size 1911 or vice versa.:)

Hi Kc, all of BOGs are consistent in their advice to get the Norinco full size 1911 single stack first.After breaking in and experiencing firsthand the pistol's performance then you decide which parts you want replaced.

As Isuzu said, get the full size from Deenoh to be followed later by the Commander model then if I may add, the widebody model NP44 (not the 10 rounder NP30).Probably I'll take that route also.

You can also get as starter the Factory Enchanced or Police model. The finish and fit is much better compared to the milspec. No need to replace the barrel (chromed lined), extractor (spring steel), beavertail (cosmetic lang), slide stop (not MIM) and maybe the Novak style sights.The rest, as Eye Cutter pointed out, you can replace with quality parts (then sell me cheap the replaced parts :supergrin: ).Finally, you can have your unit Hard Chromed for added beauty and corrosion resistance. That's it Kc, hindi pa aabot ng 70T yan. Use the money you'll save to get quality gears, lots of ammo and ample range time.;)

bertud ng putik
04-30-2006, 07:53
kung gusto mong ala nardong putik get the standard 1911A1 model norinco. hehehe! kung gusto mo na pormado na, get the factory enhanced special or the police model.

tapos, magsawa ka muna sa kakaputok. tsaka mo na lang bihisan at pa chrome pag nalaspag mo na ng todo.

kcboy
04-30-2006, 17:14
thanks mga BOGs sa reply. highly appreciated.;)

mc_oliver
04-30-2006, 21:01
Originally posted by Alexii
What if one goes the 'all-stock-parts' route with the Norinco 1911A1 (well, not including its grips and puny sights) and have all the innards polished and smoothened-- would this be a viable alternative?
Certainly a viable option lalo na sa mga cheapipoy tulad ko. :supergrin:

For me, the most important things are a set of good sights and a "comfy" gripping area. This means a bomar/novar rear, thin front sight, beavertail, front and rear checkerings. And it MUST be blued for some time before getting chromed. ;)

kcboy
05-01-2006, 17:38
suggest nyo ba laspagin muna yung norinco before you get it hard chromed????

paltik45
05-01-2006, 18:35
Originally posted by kcboy
suggest nyo ba laspagin muna yung norinco before you get it hard chromed????

Yes get the most out your gun before you send it to the smiths. In that way ay alam mo kung ano ang dapat ayusin at dapat palitan na piyesa. Particularly sa mga moving parts at sa mga non-moving but essential parts like front and rear sight. Particularly if you got a Mil Spec 1911. Kasi yung sight nila ay masyadong maliit at ito ay puwede mo ng palitan for you to get used to adjustable sight.

Eye Cutter
05-30-2006, 06:43
oh, ha!?! watyuguysay'boutmypimpin' singlestack sti trojan wannabe??? :supergrin: ganda na, ano!?!


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/Trojan1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/Trojan2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/trojan3.jpg

batangueno
05-30-2006, 08:51
I will get my Norinco commander this week!!! :woohoo: