Knife vs gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Knife vs gun


Allegra
04-28-2006, 07:49
@#$% the gun , tatalonin ko yung bakod

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1459052511793821456&q=mma&pl=true


try doing it to Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB49iapl1Lk&search=collateral

brawnless
04-28-2006, 16:47
gun vs knife

looks like the knife was already held in the hand while the gun still has to be drawn. at that distance, i'll go with the knife. :supergrin:

gun vs gun

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3kings
04-28-2006, 17:14
drawn knife within 1-3m vs gun inside holster

i go for the knife 100%

bikethief
04-28-2006, 20:08
Proven distance is actually 21 ft. if the gun is in holster. Now that were on this subject, how many bogs out there carry a knife on their body everyday? I carry an emerson folder to complement my g19 so I'm still armed in places my glock can't go.

isuzu
04-28-2006, 20:09
a knife is more effective than a gun in engagements of five meters or less.

If my memory serves me well, I saw an award-winning exhibit of a photographer who took photos of a poor policeman who was stabbed to death by an amok. It was featured in the Daily Express newspaper. This incident happend in the 70's.

He shot the amok with his .38 special revolver, and might have hit the amok in the thigh before his revolver ran empty. He was trying to reload his revolver when the bad guy caught up with him.

asintaderoche
04-28-2006, 22:11
Eh yung gillete blade vs m16, sino panalo?

MR_BIG
04-29-2006, 02:34
knife vs big mama

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6640225987281635407&pl=true

teddyboy
04-29-2006, 03:38
Originally posted by asintaderoche
Eh yung gillete blade vs m16, sino panalo?



sir siguro GILLETE BLADE ang panalo pag sa drum sila maglalaban!!!!!:)

asintaderoche
04-29-2006, 04:47
There you go Teddyboy....:rollsmiley:

Allegra
04-29-2006, 08:16
Originally posted by bikethief
Proven distance is actually 21 ft. if the gun is in holster. Now that were on this subject, how many bogs out there carry a knife on their body everyday? I carry an emerson folder to complement my g19 so I'm still armed in places my glock can't go.


Used to carry a cold steel folder
Nauso kasi sa shooters nun
Nagsale sa sa cebu match , lahat bumili
The next day , dami may band aid ang kamay hehe

bikethief
04-29-2006, 08:37
I highly recommend carrying a good knife. Dami din ibang applications other than SD. Effective ang knife sa close quarters or in crowded places where your chances of hitting a bystander with stray or over penetrating bullets are high. Good for emergencies din like prying doors and windows open or cutting rope or seatbelts.

Allegra
04-29-2006, 08:40
Anyone know how to sharpen a semi serrated knife? the straight edge needs sharpening

isuzu
04-29-2006, 10:33
Originally posted by Allegra
Anyone know how to sharpen a semi serrated knife? the straight edge needs sharpening

I think you might need a smooth, round file that fits the serrations of your knife.

For the blade, there are good sets of Arkansas stone with honing oil to sharpen your knife. There are also round stones that could be used to sharpen the serrations. They are available at Cabela's, Brownells, Bass Pro Shops, Academy Sporting Goods (in North America). I might have seen sharpening stones at Hahn Manila (who also sell knives) at Megamall.

mikey177
04-30-2006, 22:37
Originally posted by bikethief
Now that were on this subject, how many bogs out there carry a knife on their body everyday?

I'm currently carrying a Spydie folder, but I'm leaning more towards fixed blade carry for greater speed and ease of deployment. I live in the province and it's very common to see farmers openly carrying bolos and other cutting implements to and from work.

darwin25
04-30-2006, 23:57
I carry a knife everyday. No exceptions. Its a Smith & Wesson folder.

atmarcella
05-01-2006, 08:06
Originally posted by teddyboy
sir siguro GILLETE BLADE ang panalo pag sa drum sila maglalaban!!!!!:)


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wingz
05-02-2006, 03:32
Originally posted by bikethief
I highly recommend carrying a good knife. Dami din ibang applications other than SD. Effective ang knife sa close quarters or in crowded places where your chances of hitting a bystander with stray or over penetrating bullets are high. Good for emergencies din like prying doors and windows open or cutting rope or seatbelts.


+1...nice advice sir.:cool:

theTactician
05-02-2006, 15:59
thanks for that very informative video. now i know that the knife can really be deadly at close range.
Im just curious, what if the gun was drawn not from the hip but from the leg and is holstered in a quick draw holster? anybody ever tried this?
maybe, just a guess, the gun would win at a distance of 6 -8 feet. Quick draw holster ha na nasa right thigh mo. what do you think? i believe na mas mabilis mo na ma-d-draw yung gun but still it would depend on how fast your reaction time is and if you can hit a fast moving threat towards you.

Allegra
05-02-2006, 22:50
Originally posted by theTactician
thanks for that very informative video. now i know that the knife can really be deadly at close range.
Im just curious, what if the gun was drawn not from the hip but from the leg and is holstered in a quick draw holster? anybody ever tried this?
maybe, just a guess, the gun would win at a distance of 6 -8 feet. Quick draw holster ha na nasa right thigh mo. what do you think? i believe na mas mabilis mo na ma-d-draw yung gun but still it would depend on how fast your reaction time is and if you can hit a fast moving threat towards you.


OODA loop

darth board
05-03-2006, 00:34
Originally posted by theTactician
thanks for that very informative video. now i know that the knife can really be deadly at close range.
Im just curious, what if the gun was drawn not from the hip but from the leg and is holstered in a quick draw holster? anybody ever tried this?
maybe, just a guess, the gun would win at a distance of 6 -8 feet. Quick draw holster ha na nasa right thigh mo. what do you think? i believe na mas mabilis mo na ma-d-draw yung gun but still it would depend on how fast your reaction time is and if you can hit a fast moving threat towards you. imho siguro hindi natin dapat isipin na 6 to 8 feet ang distance natin sa may hawak na knife yung ganung distance 1 second lang nasa harap mo na yung may knife.

mikey177
05-03-2006, 01:33
Also, IMO, drawing from a thigh holster would be a moot exercise for civilians like myself, since we aren't permitted to carry that way. A more realistic exercise would be training to draw from your mode of concealment against a BG from a distance of 1-2 feet, after having jarred your attacker using empty hand or improvised weapons skills.

Let's face it, no one announces a holdup from a distance of 8 feet. The BGs, who probably number more than one, will be within bad breath distance and trying to distract you while they make their move. This is the type of scenario we should train for.

wingz
05-03-2006, 02:07
Originally posted by mikey177

Let's face it, no one announces a holdup from a distance of 8 feet. The BGs, who probably number more than one, will be within bad breath distance and trying to distract you while they make their move. This is the type of scenario we should train for. [/B]

Good insight sir..This is just one of the few life threatening situations that we should be trained to deal with, cope up with, and be aware of. Practical shooting must be taught to all licensed gun owners.:cool: