OT:Skycable goes digital..Man it sucks! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT:Skycable goes digital..Man it sucks!

9MX
04-30-2006, 20:37
2 weeks ago, Skycable chose my city to be its guinea pig for its digital box project to combat cable piracy. i have no problem with that, the thing is

i lost the local channels since the installation,
there are times the video output had a lot of pixels
the box hangs and requires a 15 minute reset
and they won't roll back until their digital network is fixed.

:frown:

so, i'm putting my moolah elsewhere and shifting to DTH, "klaro wherever!!"

Django
04-30-2006, 21:20
What's DTH Mannix?:upeyes:

mikey177
04-30-2006, 22:28
From http://www.dream.com.ph/support/support_faq.asp?npage=14

What is DTH Service?

The Direct-To-Home (DTH) service is a digital satellite service that provides television services direct to subscribers anywhere in the country. Since it makes use of wireless technology, programs are sent to the subscriber's television direct from the satellite, eliminating the need for cables and any cable infrastructure. This is particularly valuable in remote and difficult to reach areas where cable and in many cases, terrestrial television services are poor or non existent.

DTH services also provide the finest of picture and sound quality which is considered to be second to none worldwide. Now surround sound, home theaters, live concerts and daily television programming are all delivered to your home with the same quality as any modern movie theater.

I think this is what I need since Sky doesn't service my area here in the province --too far from the city or some such nonsense :upeyes:

mc_oliver
04-30-2006, 22:46
Originally posted by 9MX
2 weeks ago, Skycable chose my city to be its guinea pig for its digital box project to combat cable piracy. i have no problem with that, the thing is

i lost the local channels since the installation,
there are times the video output had a lot of pixels
the box hangs and requires a 15 minute reset
and they won't roll back until their digital network is fixed.

:frown:

so, i'm putting my moolah elsewhere and shifting to DTH, "klaro wherever!!"
Aay, stop complaining. Now you have more time to reload. Praktis ka na mag load ng super. :supergrin: :supergrin:

jasonub
05-01-2006, 06:10
magkano ba yan?

9MX
05-01-2006, 09:33
Originally posted by jasonub
magkano ba yan?

Dream Satellite Entertainment Packages (http://www.dream.com.ph/wannadream/Dream_Entertainment_Packages.asp?npage=11) :cool:

jasonub
05-01-2006, 17:58
ty:)

casmot
05-02-2006, 22:37
I have Dream Satellite in Antipolo. So far, ok except it doesn't have ABS-CBN 2 and Studio 23. And yes claro.

krinkov
05-05-2006, 08:37
you're not missing much, bro! ;N think about it, they control power, water, entertainment, cable tv, the net and who knows what else. losing skycable is one less finger crushing you "down south"...