Runescape [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Runescape

Tvov
05-01-2006, 07:03
We talked a little about this game in the WOW thread, but I was interested in more feedback. What do you think about it? What are your experiences with it? I have essentially ZERO (0) experience with MMORPG games.

It does have very "outdated" graphics, but a large section of it is totally free, and even the membership is only $5 a month if you want more "stuff".

MrMurphy
05-01-2006, 10:21
Having played it for nearly a year, it's fun if you ignore the kids and ancient graphics. Taken for what it is (a free game) it's fun enough.

Compared to WOW of course, it sucks. But for mission types, things you can do (classes, professions etc) it provides much of what WOW does on a miniature scale.

However, if you have more than 2 pennies, I would recommend buying WOW (you get a month free). At most, you lose $45.

Tvov
05-03-2006, 05:28
Just yesterday I was talking to a friend who played it for a year. His big warning was about being scammed, where people offer to make a trade but just take what you give and run off.

We'll see. I am just going to fool around with it a bit.

malkore
05-04-2006, 16:05
from what I've heard its good for a 'free' MMO. you could look at GuildWars too, which does cost for the box, but play is free.

a good way to check out the MMO scene without paying a lot for new hardware, and monthly fees, plus the box price.