School Service [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : School Service


Allegra
05-02-2006, 07:34
guys , suggestion ano maganda cheap na van
Low maintenance , kasi papalit palit ng driver
It will be used to take kids to school
Salamat

atmarcella
05-02-2006, 07:45
sir, marami 2nd vans dito http://www.carfinderph.com/

Allegra
05-02-2006, 07:58
Originally posted by atmarcella
sir, marami 2nd vans dito http://www.carfinderph.com/


Pards, I prefer b'new , kasi wala ako alam sa maintenance ng car hehe
2nd hand cars seem to hate me , tapos ssuper ang byahe taking my kids
The obvious choice would be the innova
I'm wondering if there was a cheaper alternative like the L300 , Kia pregio vans etc.

9MX
05-02-2006, 08:10
Click on the car chart :)

Motion Cars (http://www.motioncars.com/)

atmarcella
05-02-2006, 08:32
sabi mo kasi cheap eh:supergrin:

Allegra
05-02-2006, 08:42
Originally posted by 9MX
Click on the car chart :)

Motion Cars (http://www.motioncars.com/)


hehe ayus a
Thanx!

theTactician
05-02-2006, 15:51
sir, why not try the subic japan imported vans? i hear na ok pa rin daw mga condition ng mga yon

Eye Cutter
05-02-2006, 16:38
fafa: school service namin isuzu crosswind, xt model. ito yung entry level nilang AUV.

manual tranny, proven and reliable 2.5 isuzu diesel engine. 12 km per liter, malakas humatak. ride is not so harsh. overall, very happy ako sa performance. mas maganda interior sana ng xto and xuv pero mas maganda driveability ng manual. tsaka pareho tayong tsane kaya xt kinuha ko!

Allegra
05-02-2006, 22:42
Originally posted by theTactician
sir, why not try the subic japan imported vans? i hear na ok pa rin daw mga condition ng mga yon


I'm intersted nga dun sa delica pero for myself :)
4wd automatic w/ sunroof for only 270t

Allegra
05-02-2006, 22:47
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
fafa: school service namin isuzu crosswind, xt model. ito yung entry level nilang AUV.

manual tranny, proven and reliable 2.5 isuzu diesel engine. 12 km per liter, malakas humatak. ride is not so harsh. overall, very happy ako sa performance. mas maganda interior sana ng xto and xuv pero mas maganda driveability ng manual. tsaka pareho tayong tsane kaya xt kinuha ko!


yup, maganda nga yung ahente este yung Xwind ng isuzu
parang I'm leaning towrds it or a cheap van :)

toxic
05-03-2006, 00:50
isuzu's are great mine is the hilander xtreme millenium model plenty of space for school bags. Ok na yun pang harabas, you can check out hyundai also.

Eye Cutter
05-03-2006, 05:39
fafa A: oo nga pala! take a look at the hyundai tucson 2.0 liter gas model. It is rated at 140 hp, 9-10km per liter. 160-170 kph sa highway. Ganda ng ride. Italiano pa ang nag-design. Very good reviews pa! 900+k nga lang brand new. The CRDI model goes for 1.04M

Not as versatile as an AUV or van but ganda ng porma for a Korean automobile!

toxic
05-03-2006, 06:58
Adding info sa Tucson, its almost the same dimensions/size with that of RAV 4 and the CRV. Hyundai dealer is Somewhere along E Rodriguez QC one time i saw a note on thier showroom they accept trade in.

Daewoo and Kia Pregio: another choice but makapal pa ang lata ng sardinas kesa sa body ng daewoo and pregio.

Delica: 2 friends of mine sells reconditioned delica in Bulacan..according to them , their clients compliants are poor AC and problems with the shock absorbers.
Good to drive "mabilis" but i dont like the position of the engine sa ilalim ng driver. less protection sa front pasenger and driver coz of the short front end.But thats just my opininoin , tsambahan lang siguro kung maayos ang makuha from subic and malas kung may diperensya.

Allegra
05-03-2006, 07:01
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
fafa A: oo nga pala! take a look at the hyundai tucson 2.0 liter gas model. It is rated at 140 hp, 9-10km per liter. 160-170 kph sa highway. Ganda ng ride. Italiano pa ang nag-design. Very good reviews pa! 900+k nga lang brand new. The CRDI model goes for 1.04M

Not as versatile as an AUV or van but ganda ng porma for a Korean automobile!


ay , diesel lang gusto ko for the kids
layo ng byahe everyday eh , yung tipong 20km per liter hehe
muntik na nga elf bilin ko eh , kaso maglalakad nalang daw cla

isuzu
05-03-2006, 19:34
The Hyundai Tucson is a very good vehicle. Lots of them being sold in Canada. I think they have the same platform as the new Kia Sportage which is also enjoying brisk sales. Also watch out for the new Hyundai Sonata which has more standard features than the Honda Accord and a lot cheaper than the Accord. It beats the Accord in sound insulation. Also, the new Civic is not a well-designed car. Lots of owners here complain that their knees hit the area where the pedals are located when they get in or out the car. The oil dipstick is also plastic! Suspension is the simplest design (not like the previous models which are of the multi-link design).

If you're planning to buy an Isuzu, get a Crosswind. The cheaper the better. Anyway, it's for school service. Get the basic model. It's lighter than the dressed up model and you'll end up saving on fuel (extra weight=extra fuel). Maintenance on the Isuzu is not that high compared to Toyota or Mitsubishi. Timing gear pa ang engine, so you won't have to worry about changing a timing belt and tensioners. It's also frugal on diesel fuel. I've owned one of the first 4x4 CBU pickups that were sold in 1995, and it had the same engine as the non-turbo Crosswinds. Served me well. Micro fuel filter cost me P180.00 and oil filter cost me P240.00 as compared to P650.00 for the Mitsubishi Adventure's fuel filter and P550.00 for the oil filter (based on 2004 prices).

pogi
05-03-2006, 20:52
Allegra,

Borrowing words from Erap konting "suggestment" lang.

My "Bilas'" business is...he imports junk vehicles from Japan (about PHP20-30thou lang each), reconditions them(including the transfer of right hand drive-to-left) and sells at Subic. He said "junk" because talagang junk DAW! He is the one going from junkyard to junkyard in Japan to get all those "patapon" and ship them here. He is ONE of the BIG 3 whose business is such. They have Elfs, Pajeros, Delicas, Hi-Aces, Patrols etc.

From his words..."minsan makakatiyempo ka ng good one pero 1 out of 50 yun".

And his advice to me..."kung hindi kaibigan-we will sell. kung kaibigan-HINDI KO IREREKOMENDA". Why? " Kasi after 1 week duon na lalabas lahat ng sira. Kung puede lang akong mamatay sa MURA ng mga nakabili...3 years nakong dedo."

He said importation is now "on hold" due to numerous complaints received by govt. agencies involved.

Last year, I was looking for good 2nd hand delivery van. HE DID NOT EVEN OFFER HIS UNITS TO ME.

Pre, PAG-ISIPAN MO lang before opting for Subic vehicles.

Some may NOT agree with what I claim just because they have or they drive one from Subic. But request them to tell the truth whether sumasakit o hindi ang ulo nila sa kaka-repair. Kund HINDI...GOOD!Nakatiyempo siya!!!!!!! He is 1 out those 50.

Kung sumasakit naman ulo niya...BENTA MO NA KID!!!!!!!

Sana walang magalit sakin.

atmarcella
05-04-2006, 05:05
good info pogi... thanks;)

Alexii
05-04-2006, 06:13
Originally posted by Allegra
ay , diesel lang gusto ko for the kids
layo ng byahe everyday eh , yung tipong 20km per liter hehe
muntik na nga elf bilin ko eh , kaso maglalakad nalang daw cla

Hyundai Matrix. Di nga lang kasing ganda nung Tucson, pero I'm sure matipid. My folks bought a CRDI Starex a few months ago and had a chance to see Hyundai's service center along EDSA. Very impressive.

Allegra
05-04-2006, 06:35
Hi Pogi!

There are people who love tinkering with cars and engines
I'm not one of them
Thanks for the info

kristiansen
05-04-2006, 07:34
L300(van or FB)- matibay,dami pyesa.but no borloloy.
starex-ok daw.
hyunday tucson-pogi (diesel ha)
nissan urvan- reliable also.
isuzu-good choice also.
yes,get a diesel one.shop and compare.goodluck!

mikey177
05-04-2006, 08:45
Originally posted by Alexii
Hyundai Matrix...

Yup, this is most likely going to be our second car once we finish paying for the Sedona. If the mileage claims of 15-20 km/liter highway driving are true, then it'll be a very thrifty investment, especially since my wife travels between provinces every day. It's also a low profile car and since it's not a head turner (okay, I thought it was butt ugly when I first saw it), it probably won't be high on the list of carnappable automobiles.

Eye Cutter
05-04-2006, 09:19
pininfarina ang design house ng hyundai, kaya nga nagkakaroon na ng dating mga hyundai automobiles! the Matrix is a good looking wagon, kaya lang maliit! look at the tucson and sta. fe!

the starex van probably has the best ride among its class. although malakas nga lang kunsumo ng crudo. around 8-9km per liter ng diesel lang. pero plush ang interior and amenities! 1+M din nga lang ang price, so mahal pa rin!

the new hi-ace grandia has a very powerful engine and the ride is also okay. schoolbus nga ng mga tsikiting ni gundog! downside is the price! 1.6M??? ba???

gusto bumili ng mother ko ng minivan, ayaw naman ng starex kasi raw mataas! Ang mahal naman ng chrysler town and country. The GM venture minivan is also gasoline, so out of the question na itong dalawang ito.

kumusta mileage ng sedona? how's the ride? tamang tama sana kia sedona para sa mother namin.

so going back to the original question...

ano na pagpipilian ni fafa a??? wala na! bibili na lang ng bagong pinarello! hahahaha!!!!!

Allegra
05-04-2006, 10:42
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
pininfarina ang design house ng hyundai, kaya nga nagkakaroon na ng dating mga hyundai automobiles! the Matrix is a good looking wagon, kaya lang maliit! look at the tucson and sta. fe!

the starex van probably has the best ride among its class. although malakas nga lang kunsumo ng crudo. around 8-9km per liter ng diesel lang. pero plush ang interior and amenities! 1+M din nga lang ang price, so mahal pa rin!

the new hi-ace grandia has a very powerful engine and the ride is also okay. schoolbus nga ng mga tsikiting ni gundog! downside is the price! 1.6M??? ba???

gusto bumili ng mother ko ng minivan, ayaw naman ng starex kasi raw mataas! Ang mahal naman ng chrysler town and country. The GM venture minivan is also gasoline, so out of the question na itong dalawang ito.

kumusta mileage ng sedona? how's the ride? tamang tama sana kia sedona para sa mother namin.

so going back to the original question...

ano na pagpipilian ni fafa a??? wala na! bibili na lang ng bagong pinarello! hahahaha!!!!!



hehe Pinedikab lang kaya ng budget ko :)

Kung minivan , I really like the mitsu grandis. Ganda ng interior and hindi siya mataas kaso parang overpriced sa 1.4M

I have an MB140 , napansin ko lang jan sa korean vans , ok ang japorms , engine and suspension. Kaso the little annoying things like madali masira mga door locks, mga gauges , power windows etc. lalo na pag driver ang humawak.

I really like the hiace , parang oven toaster na may gulong
Minimalistic design at maappeal , pero ang mahal pala

bakit ba ang galing ng mga Italians mag design

isuzu
05-04-2006, 18:34
Is there a dealer for Chrysler now in the Philippines? Any chance they have a website?

You'll just have to be careful with Dodge Caravans/Chrysler Town and Country vans. Medyo weak ang transmission. They easily leak, and if you don't maintain them religiously, they'd break. But the engines are very reliable and torquey. They are Mitsubishi-derived engines and they're really nice. They're the #1 selling vans in Canada. But Kia and Hyundai are fast catching up. Here are their websites:

1) Hyundai Entourage

http://www.hyundaicanada.com/HYUNDAI/Pages/Documents/type1/DocumentAction.aspx?Dispatch=Display&DocumentID=2391&LanguageID=en

2) Hyundai Sonata

http://www.hyundaicanada.com/HYUNDAI/Pages/Documents/type1/DocumentAction.aspx?Dispatch=Display&DocumentID=204&LanguageID=en

3) Kia Sedona

http://www.kia.ca/nameplate.asp?lang=en&plate=sedona

4) Kia Sportage

http://www.kia.ca/nameplate.asp?lang=en&plate=sportage

5) Kia Rio 5 (Sporty and a fuel miser).

http://www.kia.ca/nameplate.asp?lang=en&plate=rio5

6) For the ultimate in SUVs:

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehicles/2007/gmc/yukon/index.jsp

batangueno
05-05-2006, 01:20
Tamang tama itong thread na 'to, naghahanap din ako. :)

How about the Toyota Innova, anyone has or heard any good or bad experiences?

mikey177
05-05-2006, 03:21
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
gusto bumili ng mother ko ng minivan, ayaw naman ng starex kasi raw mataas! Ang mahal naman ng chrysler town and country. The GM venture minivan is also gasoline, so out of the question na itong dalawang ito.

kumusta mileage ng sedona? how's the ride? tamang tama sana kia sedona para sa mother namin.

Mileage for the Sedona is around 10 km/liter highway and 7-8 km/liter city driving. Mine has a manual tranny and has already logged 135,000-km since 2002. The only major item I've had replaced due to breakage were the shifter cable in 2004. I had the timing belt replaced when the mileage hit 70,000-km. I don't know if you can still find stocks of the 2005 Sedona in dealerships, as the redesigned 2006 model is scheduled to be introduced any time soon. It's already out in the US and Europe, I think.

The ride of the diesel Sedona is very good. My wife and kids are all able to doze off on long trips. Weak points of the 2002-2005 model are the long front overhang (sumasabit pag mabilis ang approach mo sa steeply inclined na driveway) and the wide turning radius.

****

Regarding the Innova, there's a thread over at Tsikot.com regarding Toyota owners who have been having problems with the D4-D diesel engine in both the Innova and Fortuner. Cases include the vehicle being hard to start in the morning, having to rev the engine high right after start-up so it won't choke, and stalling while running. Being under warranty, the Toyota dealerships usually either reset the ECU or replace parts of the fuel pump assembly to fix the problem. Other than that, I've heard no major negative comments on the Innova, and having ridden in one, I also found the ride to be smooth and comfortable. The J-variant of the Innova is also reasonably priced.

Eye Cutter
05-05-2006, 05:15
hehehe! batangueno, talagang pareho tayong mag-isip, ah!

i'm looking for a 2002 and up Isuzu Trooper, preferably black, white or maroon. anyone know somebody selling one? si gundog ayaw pa ibenta sakin yung trooper niya e!

the toyota D4D engine is very good! ang lakas humatak! and hindi maingay

isuzu
05-05-2006, 20:28
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
hehehe! batangueno, talagang pareho tayong mag-isip, ah!

i'm looking for a 2002 and up Isuzu Trooper, preferably black, white or maroon. anyone know somebody selling one? si gundog ayaw pa ibenta sakin yung trooper niya e!

the toyota D4D engine is very good! ang lakas humatak! and hindi maingay

Try checking the Trooper Diesel's reliability and maintenance costs. My brother has a 2001 or 2002 Trooper(sorry, I can't recall the model year), and he had a problem with the injectors. Good thing, the dealer replaced them on warranty and also adjusted something in the automatic transmission. It also doesn't handle well in steep curves. The Nissan Patrol is very stable in steep curves.

With regards to maintenance cost, owning a Trooper can be expensive. You can't use 15W-40 oil in it. I think the oil they use is 10W-30 diesel oil. Isuzu uses the BESCO brand which is very expensive and is only available through the dealer. Same with their new D-Max pick ups. The oil DMAX pick ups use is also BESCO.

But with Crosswind, they can use 15W-40 which is available almost everywhere in the Philippines. And a lot cheaper than the 10W-30 diesel oils. Maintenance cost is one of the biggest factor aside from reliability when I consider buying a vehicle.

mikey177
05-06-2006, 03:39
Thanks for the tip regarding diesel vehicle maintenance costs, isuzu. All the while I thought all the newer diesels would accept 15W-40 engine oil. Must check owner's manual before buying next vehicle.

Eye Cutter
05-06-2006, 05:25
yes. yung newer model, 2003 and up ang may prob. sa injectors. i think sa skyroof model lumabas yun. ibang injectors than the 2002 and older models.

toxic
05-06-2006, 05:39
Originally posted by batangueno
Tamang tama itong thread na 'to, naghahanap din ako. :)

How about the Toyota Innova, anyone has or heard any good or bad experiences?

since its toyota: no problemo sa parts and maintenance , bulky from the outside,thight/limited legroom limited baggage space.

isuzu
05-06-2006, 08:15
Originally posted by mikey177
Thanks for the tip regarding diesel vehicle maintenance costs, isuzu. All the while I thought all the newer diesels would accept 15W-40 engine oil. Must check owner's manual before buying next vehicle.

Not a problem.:) Crosswinds use either 15W-40 or 40 oil. Their "Genuine Isuzu SAE 40 oil" is just a repackaged Caltex/Chevron DELO 500 oil. The Trooper's engine is also timing belt, and it could be costly when replacing it. You also have to replace the belt tensioners.

SMBeerDealer
05-08-2006, 02:18
Kia Sedona:

Mikey, have the chain and gears driving the oil pump checked periodically. These wear out and may eventually break. I've seen 2 cases already which resulted in ceased engines. The oil warning light won't warn you cause the reservoir's filled with oil but the oil's no longer reaching the pistons.

Trooper:

The trooper has a very complicated fuel injection system wherein oil, diesel, and water all flow in the fuel rail. I've seen a trooper radiator filled with diesel and its fuel tank with engine oil. Good thing water didn't get into the engine. Very costly to replace the fuel injection system. This one was a 2000 Dd model. This is something that rarely happens, though. The trooper's engine is one of the best out there in terms of power. The DMax has a simpler fuel injection system and is easier to repair.

I agree with isuzu's assesment on its poor handling. Patrols have and Land Cruisers have much better handling.

All turbocharged engines:

All turbocharged engines must be idled for at least 2mins before turning off. This is something dealers almost never tell you because if you break the turbocharger, your only option is buying a brand new one from them. Thought this only applied to the high performance cars but it also holds true with the crosswinds, innovas, pajeros, et al. Better yet, buy a turbo timer so you wouldn't have to wait 2 mins before turning your off engine.

mikey177
05-08-2006, 04:48
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
Kia Sedona:

Mikey, have the chain and gears driving the oil pump checked periodically. These wear out and may eventually break. I've seen 2 cases already which resulted in ceased engines. The oil warning light won't warn you cause the reservoir's filled with oil but the oil's no longer reaching the pistons...

All turbocharged engines must be idled for at least 2mins before turning off.

Thanks for the reminder about the oil pump chain. We've also been discussing this issue over at Tsikot.com, and I've been reminding my service adviser about it whenever I bring the van to the casa. The SA says that I'll know when the chain needs replacement because there will be an unusual grating noise coming from the engine.

In addition to the turbocharger cooldown period, another pet peeve I have with diesel engines is that it takes sooooooo long for them to reach normal operating temperature. I can leave my Sedona idling for 15 minutes after a cold start in the morning and the temp gauge still won't budge. Instead, after switching the engine on, I just start moving in low gear, keeping below 2000 rpm when I start out each morning... a hard thing to do when you live in the countryside and cars and even tricycles are whizzing past you as you crawl along at 40 kph :upeyes:

Of course, once the engine has warmed up, then it's warp speed all the way :)

isuzu
05-09-2006, 00:10
Mikey,

What you're experiencing is a "turbo lag." This happens when the turbocharger is cold. You don't have to worry about it.

Here in Canada where the coldest I experienced early this year was -44 Celsius with windchill, I just idle the engine for about two minutes before heading out. Vehicle manufacturers recommend to idle not more than 30 seconds first thing in the morning just to get the juices flowing. Longer than that, it's not good for the engine. Excessive idling gives you a low oil pressure when the engine is hot, and only builds up lots of carbon/unburned fuel/unburned oil in the cylinders.

SMBDealer, commonrail diesels are really a pain in the butt when they break down. Yep, turbocharged vehicles have to be idled to bring down the turbine's temperature especially after a long drive. Failure to follow this can accelerate wear and could seize up the turbocharger bearings.

Allegra
05-09-2006, 01:40
Originally posted by isuzu
Mikey,

What you're experiencing is a "turbo lag." This happens when the turbocharger is cold. You don't have to worry about it.

Here in Canada where the coldest I experienced early this year was -44 Celsius with windchill, I just idle the engine for about two minutes before heading out. Vehicle manufacturers recommend to idle not more than 30 seconds first thing in the morning just to get the juices flowing. Longer than that, it's not good for the engine. Excessive idling gives you a low oil pressure when the engine is hot, and only builds up lots of carbon/unburned fuel/unburned oil in the cylinders.

SMBDealer, commonrail diesels are really a pain in the butt when they break down. Yep, turbocharged vehicles have to be idled to bring down the turbine's temperature especially after a long drive. Failure to follow this can accelerate wear and could seize up the turbocharger bearings.



I thought turbo lag was when you press the accelerator and may half second or 1 sec before the turbo engages? hehe iba pala yun

isuzu
05-09-2006, 06:26
Originally posted by Allegra
I thought turbo lag was when you press the accelerator and may half second or 1 sec before the turbo engages? hehe iba pala yun

Allegra,

What you're saying is also turbo lag. Turbos need that extra second or two to reach a certain PSI in compression because it first has to spin at a certain RPM to compress air into the combustion chamber. It's more pronounced when the engine is cold.

Superchargers don't suffer this kind of condition. Their RPM is always in sync with the engine because they are belt or gear driven.

Allegra
05-09-2006, 08:16
Originally posted by isuzu
Allegra,

What you're saying is also turbo lag. Turbos need that extra second or two to reach a certain PSI in compression because it first has to spin at a certain RPM to compress air into the combustion chamber. It's more pronounced when the engine is cold.

Superchargers don't suffer this kind of condition. Their RPM is always in sync with the engine because they are belt or gear driven.


A ok pala
Had a turbo charged car dati
I'm a lousy driver,and I didnt know it had twin turbos. I almost ran into the back of a bus when I revved the engine sa traffic
Ang haba ng kwento ko , wala naman nagtatanong
:rollsmiley:

atmarcella
05-09-2006, 11:06
twin turbo's wow!!!!! anong kotse yun master A?

mikey177
05-09-2006, 18:22
Originally posted by Allegra
...I didnt know it had twin turbos. I almost ran into the back of a bus when I revved the engine sa traffic
Ang haba ng kwento ko , wala naman nagtatanong
:rollsmiley:

Sabi na nga ba kayo si Michael Knight e :supergrin: Kamusta na ba si KITT?

isuzu
05-09-2006, 18:29
Originally posted by Allegra
A ok pala
Had a turbo charged car dati
I'm a lousy driver,and I didnt know it had twin turbos. I almost ran into the back of a bus when I revved the engine sa traffic
Ang haba ng kwento ko , wala naman nagtatanong
:rollsmiley:

Yeah, that's one disadvantage of a turbocharged vehicle. It takes a while for the turbo to reach the desired boost, and when it happens, your foot might be flooring the accelerator.

BTW, what car did you have that had a twin turbo? Baka Porsche yan ha?:cool:

Which reminds me. Last Saturday, I passed by a Second Cup outlet and three Ferraris, three Lotus Esprits, a Lamborghini and a Dodge Viper were parked there. People were encouraged by the owners to pose in their vehicles. Such kind enthusiasts.

Allegra
05-09-2006, 18:48
it was a toyota something celica o supra alin ba yung pang rally?
really pimped ang porma , un kasi biz nung dating mar-ari
binayad lang sakin sa utang, laking lugi
i sold it quickly at laki nanaman lugi
didnt even get to drive it much , parati lang nasa garahe

isuzu
05-09-2006, 21:29
Was the suspension hard on the Toyota with twin turbo you had? Because if it did have a stiff suspension, you might have owned a Celica rallye car.

Benj
05-10-2006, 04:20
AFAIK the Celica never had twin turbos. Supras did though, from the MKIII (pop up headlights) model to the MKIV model. Celica yung rally car :)

atmarcella
05-10-2006, 06:01
yup kung twin turbo supra yun, syet that is like the ultimate tuner car, w/ some turbo tweaking, injector upgrade and a stand alone computer that car is capable of 600-700 horsepower;)

Allegra
05-10-2006, 11:18
Originally posted by atmarcella
yup kung twin turbo supra yun, syet that is like the ultimate tuner car, w/ some turbo tweaking, injector upgrade and a stand alone computer that car is capable of 600-700 horsepower;)


Parang hindi supra
Did supra have 4wd? I'm sure it had 4wd tapos 18 yung gulong, coz I wanted to keep the mag wheels :)

700 horsepower!!?? di naman yata
it felt like a corona up until the turbos hit
It was very easy to drive kung city driving lang

isuzu
05-10-2006, 19:04
Probably was the base car for the ones they use for the WRC before they moved to F1.

Benj
05-10-2006, 19:05
Supras didn't have 4wd, Celica siguro yun, pero single turbo lang ang Celica eh, unless the owner did a conversion, which is quite difficult.

In the states it's quite easy to get 600-700hp from the Supra, but because of the fuel quality and ambient temp here in the Phils medyo mahirap gawin yun. One of the cars in our group here sa Pinas is pushing 600whp (~ 700bhp) on Petron Blaze, car is capable of much more pero detuned narin just to be safe. This was no easy feat though, dami sobra ginastos hehe

Sorry for the thread hijack :)

SMBeerDealer
05-10-2006, 21:26
That's probably a Celica 4-track turbo. The car which Carlos Sainz used to drive in WRC around 89-92 before they switched to the Corolla. They had good battles with Lancia Delta Integrales and the Cosworth Escort RS2000s.

isuzu
05-10-2006, 23:05
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
That's probably a Celica 4-track turbo. The car which Carlos Sainz used to drive in WRC around 89-92 before they switched to the Corolla. They had good battles with Lancia Delta Integrales and the Cosworth Escort RS2000s.

Do they still have privateers in the WRC running on Corollas with parts supplied by Toyota?

atmarcella
05-11-2006, 05:27
i think toyota has quit wrc, malakas ata ngayon peugeot, yung CitroŽn ;)

Eye Cutter
05-11-2006, 05:49
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
That's probably a Celica 4-track turbo. The car which Carlos Sainz used to drive in WRC around 89-92 before they switched to the Corolla. They had good battles with Lancia Delta Integrales and the Cosworth Escort RS2000s.

hehehe! saan kaya napunta lahat ng mga RS2000 na lumabas dito sa pilipinas???

wishing nga ako ng project car. pero gusto ko old school. yung ok pang slalom. hehehe!

ford escort, ford brenda or RS2000, toyota corolla SR, dodge colt...

atmarcella
05-11-2006, 08:57
corolla sprinter, starlet, liftback etc.:supergrin: :supergrin:

isuzu
05-11-2006, 18:28
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
hehehe! saan kaya napunta lahat ng mga RS2000 na lumabas dito sa pilipinas???

wishing nga ako ng project car. pero gusto ko old school. yung ok pang slalom. hehehe!

ford escort, ford brenda or RS2000, toyota corolla SR, dodge colt...

I've seen quite a number of RS 200s and Ford Mexicos in Manila in the early to mid-80's. Also saw a Nissan 240 RS rally car parked in San Lo. Got to see it run on EDSA one early Sunday morning after eating goto in Greenhills. That car was FAST!

SMBeerDealer
05-11-2006, 22:53
Isuzu,

No more privateers running Corollas in the WRC. Even in the Asia Pacific and British rallye championships, Corollas are becoming sparse owing to the fact that the WRC Corollas are not production cars like the Lancer Evolutions and Subaru Imprezas.

The 240RS in Sanlo was Jody Coseteng's if I'm not mistaken. His collection now includes a Lancer EX Turbo (box type), Galant VR4 Evolution, and a Lancer Evolution V.

Doc EC,

My friend just put together a Ford Escort, he bought two cars a wrecked RS2000 and Base car (brenda or mexico, i don't remember). Doing the finishing touches right now and its cost almost P500k so far. If you want leads on where to get escorts, I can point you in the right direction. I know someone selling a 1971 Corolla Sprinter, US version, 13T engine, Weber 45s, premium paint job, etc. If anyone's interested, PM me.

Eye Cutter
05-11-2006, 23:14
Tom: magkano yung sprinter??? but the thrill and enjoyment comes from sourcing, finding, building and fabricating hard to find parts for a project car!

used to have a 1980 toyota corolla 4 door with a 2TG engine. it was a very fun car to drive and spin around! hehehe

SMBeerDealer
05-12-2006, 01:45
Doc, medyo mataas yung car P450k negotiable pa naman. It's almost fully restored. Ilang parts nalang sa interior siguro kailangan palitan. Minor detailing and engine tuning lang kailangan. Yeah, yung joy of putting the car together ang masaya dun.

Your corolla was the DX with 4 round headlights? I want to restore a station wagon version of that. Know anyone selling?

Eye Cutter
05-12-2006, 02:12
yeah, DX 4door sedan. wala na ako nakikita ng wagon e. parepareho pala tayo ng mga hilig talaga! hehehehe!!!

atmarcella
05-12-2006, 06:28
Your corolla was the DX with 4 round headlights?

i had one of those, in fact it was the car i drove during college and high school, 4k engine, sarap palitan ng 18rg, kaso lang la fera noon, kahit ngayon la pa rin hehehehehehe:supergrin:

MR_BIG
05-12-2006, 09:06
Originally posted by atmarcella
corolla sprinter, starlet, liftback etc.:supergrin: :supergrin:

ah my starlet, aka "the batmobile", nag tour of duty sya sa pasay & pasig when i was in college, youll often hear me saying after picking up someone, to the batcave. :supergrin:

isuzu
05-12-2006, 21:08
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
Your corolla was the DX with 4 round headlights? I want to restore a station wagon version of that. Know anyone selling?

You might be referring to the Corona Station Wagon if I'm not mistaken. The Corollas didn't have station wagons that were made by Delta Motors. The imported ones had them.

The Corollas came in four versions. Two were sedans and two were liftbacks. The sedans came with square headlights and round headlights. If memory serves me right, the one with the round headlights came with a 4k engine mated to a five speed transmission. The one with square headlights had 3k engines with four speed transmissions.

The Liftbacks had two engines to choose from. One was a 4k and the other a 2T.

There was another Toyota hatchback that was a little bit larger than the Liftback. I forgot the model, though.

Ford Escorts are really nice. They're very torquey. Their 1300 engines were used to power the Ford Fiera. The only downside was that the distributor cap was situated below the carburetor. If both had leaks, the carburetor can catch fire. Same with the Ford Cortina whose engine was designed by Lotus.

SMBeerDealer
05-13-2006, 04:45
Originally posted by isuzu
You might be referring to the Corona Station Wagon if I'm not mistaken. The Corollas didn't have station wagons that were made by Delta Motors. The imported ones had them.


There are some imported models that trickled in during the late 80's. Those are the ones I'm looking for. My friend had one in our 4th year of highschool fitted with a 3T engine and Minilite wheels. Want to build something along those lines again.

Eye Cutter
05-13-2006, 06:44
isuzu: meron dumating ditong mga corolla station wagon. usually from gray market saka sa clark air base galing.

tom: i'm looking for a nice trooper. 2002, yung pre-skyroof model. kung meron ka alam na sariwa. give me a heads-up

isuzu
05-13-2006, 07:08
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
There are some imported models that trickled in during the late 80's. Those are the ones I'm looking for. My friend had one in our 4th year of highschool fitted with a 3T engine and Minilite wheels. Want to build something along those lines again.

Yup, I've seen them. And they look nice especially with Minilites! We used to have a Corona Station Wagon and I liked it very much. I put 13x5.5 Minilites with 185/60-13 tires on the front and 13x6 Minilites with 205/60-13 tires on the rear.

atmarcella
05-13-2006, 20:47
where can i buy minilites in manila/philippines?

Allegra
05-14-2006, 08:22
Hpw about those mr slim mercedes sl's?
How much would a fuly restored car go for?

batangueno
05-15-2006, 02:25
Bakit naging retro cars na ang napapagusapan. Na-miss ko na tuloy yung Silver Edition ko. :sad:

GMV
05-15-2006, 02:51
My first car was a 2-door 1973 Mitsubishi Dodge Colt. Hanggang 4th gear lang pero ang bilis ng Saturn engine. Parang ganito:

http://www.cardatabase.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00004079

Nakaka-miss nga ;)

Allegra
05-19-2006, 10:38
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Tom: magkano yung sprinter??? but the thrill and enjoyment comes from sourcing, finding, building and fabricating hard to find parts for a project car!

used to have a 1980 toyota corolla 4 door with a 2TG engine. it was a very fun car to drive and spin around! hehehe



Doc EC and other BOGS of PB gun club

One of my friends' son just joined PB
Isama nyo naman kung may shoots sa Manila , di naman kasi ako naputok na wala sya kasama pag NCR shoot
His name is Daryl , he's a very nice kid
And if you have any questions about cars and driving , he's the guy to ask
He's last year's slalom driver of the year I think

Eye Cutter
05-19-2006, 16:54
ok! no problem!