Need some tire advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need some tire advice

Roogalator
05-02-2006, 23:36
My last two sets of tires have been Michelin X-Ones, with which I've been quite happy. I do about 50/50 in-town and highway, and I like the handling, wet & dry traction, and wear of the X-Ones. It's getting about time to replace my current ones, but I notice where Michelin is no longer making the X-One. I need 185/65 R14s, and what TireRack recommends to replace the X-0ne are the Michelin Harmony or HydroEdge, neither of which I'm familiar with.

Anyone have any experience with either of these? What do you think of them? Any recommendations?

OUSooner
05-03-2006, 08:31
I think you can get the BF Goodrich traction t/a's in that size. Very good tire and cheaper that the Michelins who owns BF Goodrich.

triggerjerk
05-03-2006, 10:08
go to http://www.tirerack.com

Search for your size and read the reviews.

Maxthemutt
05-03-2006, 17:40
I have the hydro edge's on my Taurus and love them. They are excellent in the snow, quiet, and handle great. It's the first time I've paid extra for Michelins and would certainly do it again.

I just put a set of the BFG traction T/A's on a friends Taurus and they were very nice too. They were also about $30 cheaper. He seems very happy with them.

Good luck with your purchase, Max

Old School
05-05-2006, 16:45
I've not had a lot of luck with Michelins, but if they work for you - stick with them. Believe it or not, Firesones have been the ticket for me. They ride well and maintain their tread. Keep in mind that I drive like a grandmother and live at the beach.