2006 Maxima repair takes a month/should I be upset? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Maxima repair takes a month/should I be upset?

lwt210
05-03-2006, 16:54
Long story short version.....hail damaged our new 06 Maxima and we took it in three weeks ago to the local dealership (not where we bought the car) to get it repaired. I still have the insurance check and have not paid them a dime.

Now, they have it almost finished and I just looked at it. It looks straight as an arrow and I can't find any flaw at all in it, save maybe a couple of dirt marks on the door panel that I am 90 percent sure will wipe away.

Now here is the kicker: they had to order some trim pieces that go on the doors where the windows meet them. They are on backorder from Nissan and won't ship for another week. I'll be without my ride for a total of four weeks, assuming the fourth projected date of completion is accurate.

My wife, who the car really belongs to, is downright furious and whining up a storm. Me? I was of the opinion that as long as it looked brand new when I picked it up, I can take a month without it.

It hasn't cost us a dime and our insurance agent said that they would either give us a rental at 80 percent or 10 bucks/day. We opted for the ten a day since we only need one car. I have a company car and she doesn't work. We had one car for years so we aren't really sacrificing.

But she want's her car back and says that I should get hateful with them. I say that they are doing it right and it's not their fault the parts can't be found.

What say you? Is Nissan known to have problems with parts accesability? Thanks in advance.

Roro
05-04-2006, 22:50
trim pieces for your car will be not so available. It's a newer model meaning most of the manufactured parts are being used on production. Once the model year passes, parts tend to free up. Trim pieces they dont expect to replace a lot of. Now if it was a bumper/door/light anything that would easily be damaged, i'd raise some hell for a free something or other.

later loser.

PS was that your ugly butt running radar/lidar on 565 round 2?

perception
05-06-2006, 13:19
I think it sounds reasonable to me. It sucks, but I have seen friends cars take longer for what probably works out to be less damage. Be happy it looks flawless, and try to stay away from hail in the future. I have some hail damage now and it makes me sick, and my car isn't near as nice as that one.