Nissan Micra? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Micra?

MrMurphy
05-04-2006, 12:58
Do they sell Nissan Micras in the US?

They're everywhere over here in Europe and are serious competition for the VW Bug and other similar size cars, and appear to be a nice economy car.

Haven't been back to the US since November so I don't know if it's a new model.

Asha'man
05-04-2006, 23:50
Never heard of it. Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris are coming soon, though, if not already here.

Brian

MrMurphy
05-04-2006, 23:58
Lots of Yaris over here.

epsylum
05-05-2006, 14:41
Nope, so far it's a Europe/Asia only car.

With the rising gas prices, I bet it won't be long before they do bring it over here.

Norman
05-05-2006, 15:30
Originally posted by MrMurphy
Haven't been back to the US since November so I don't know if it's a new model.

Easy way to check is just to go to the USA Nissan website and see if they list it in their model lineup. The reverse can be done to see what other countries have for their models. In Europe, their Honda Civic is more similar to the U.S. Honda Accord. It's perplexing at first.

:suntan:

MrMurphy
05-06-2006, 00:28
Kind of like the Honda Concerto, which is like a hatchback Civic. Odd huh?

Don't see many Hondas here other than US-brought-overs, the Concerto being the main Euromodel I've noticed.

epsylum
05-06-2006, 11:48
Originally posted by Norman
Easy way to check is just to go to the USA Nissan website and see if they list it in their model lineup. The reverse can be done to see what other countries have for their models. In Europe, their Honda Civic is more similar to the U.S. Honda Accord. It's perplexing at first.

:suntan:

I thought it was sort of the other way around. The Euro Accord was smaller than our Accord and it came out over here as the Acura TSX.