Dodge NEON Blowing Fuses [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dodge NEON Blowing Fuses

mossy500camo
05-08-2006, 15:09
Hi! I have a 95 Dodge Neon that was recently purchased due to HIGH gas prices. I have a problem /w this thing blowing fuses. Ignition fuse, HD light lt fuse, Stop light fuse? ( I guess that it means Brake light fuse). These fuses keep blowing for no reason. Any Ideas or suggestions what might be causing this? Thanks!:beer:

OUSooner
05-14-2006, 07:29
Love how you started a Neon thread with Hi! Sorry couldn't resist. Sounds like you have a short somewhere. I would start by checking ground wires and go from there. Electrical problems can be a pita. Could be why the last owner got rid of it. Btw, that thing got a Hemi? Sorry again.:beer:

mossy500camo
05-18-2006, 21:34
Originally posted by OUSooner
Btw, that thing got a Hemi? Sorry again.:beer:

Yep!:cool: :beer:

Slacker
05-20-2006, 00:59
I'll second the theory of it having a short somewhere. Start by looking around the body to see if it has been involved in a wreck. If so, check the wireing in that area both inside and outside the car. Look around the engine compartment real good at all the wireing harness connections. A short is a pita to find. good luck

autoparts
05-24-2006, 06:55
Blown ignition fuse and light fuses might indicate a bad multi-function switch (all the switches that are part of the turn signal arm). See if you can blow a fuse by using just that switch. Turn the turn signals, headlights, etc. on and off repeatedly. Good luck tracking the problem down.