newbie introductions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : newbie introductions

magister
05-09-2006, 00:08
good day mga sirs! newbie shooter here. finally got my pt92 after a two month wait. (i know, not in the league of the glock pero i bought it basically for home defense and for the occasional plinking lang naman. the glock was way beyond my budget pati. anyway...)

i'd like to learn how to shoot properly pero i don't know anyone who can teach me for free? i recently joined the armscor club in marikina (lapit lang kasi sa bahay namin) and was hoping to learn there pero the range assistants were not too keen on really helping out newcomers.

baka naman pwede akong manood sa inyo pag nasa Armscor range kayo pag weekends para matuto naman ako?

am looking forward to learning a lot from all of you. thanks! :)

Eye Cutter
05-09-2006, 00:46
meron clubshoot this weekend at armscor. look for guys wearing the BoGs shirts and introduce yourself.

magister
05-09-2006, 01:07
what time sir? i have some things to attend to in the morning but am free in the afternoon.

9MX
05-09-2006, 04:23
Originally posted by magister
what time sir? i have some things to attend to in the morning but am free in the afternoon.

hi, we usually shoot in the morning, not sure kung mag-aabot pa tayo if you arrive in the afternoon.

magister
05-09-2006, 06:23
bahala na sir. may mga medical appointments kasi kami sa umaga this sat. anyway, thank you for the invite. am sure there will be other times when i can watch the BoGs do their stuff. :)

Eye Cutter
05-09-2006, 06:32
most of the time, sunday kami naglalaro.

vega
05-09-2006, 14:25
Welcome to the forum!

Don't wory about not having a Glock, some BOGs doesn't have one. Alam mo bang may fee and pag join ng BOGs? ;)

casmot
05-09-2006, 16:52
Originally posted by vega
Welcome to the forum!

Don't wory about not having a Glock, some BOGs doesn't have one. Alam mo bang may fee and pag join ng BOGs? ;)

Welcome to BoGs!!!

Unahan na kita, huwag ka na maghanap ng BoG shirt. Wala na.:supergrin: Tapos na. :supergrin:

magister
05-09-2006, 18:01
Originally posted by vega
Welcome to the forum!

ganun?

:laughabove:

10big
05-09-2006, 18:29
:welcome: :welcome: magister!!!

isuzu
05-09-2006, 18:56
Welcome and congratulations for getting a PT92!

I used to have one until I let my wife shoot it. She liked it so much that she asked it from me.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are PT92s now and from what dealer did you purchase it?

Just a suggestion, after the break-in period, try getting a Wolff reduced power hammer spring and an extra power recoil spring with firing pin spring. That improved my trigger pull a lot.

wingz
05-09-2006, 23:28
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to BOGs magister!!

magister
05-09-2006, 23:48
Originally posted by isuzu
Welcome and congratulations for getting a PT92!

I used to have one until I let my wife shoot it. She liked it so much that she asked it from me.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are PT92s now and from what dealer did you purchase it?

Just a suggestion, after the break-in period, try getting a Wolff reduced power hammer spring and an extra power recoil spring with firing pin spring. That improved my trigger pull a lot.

thank you mga sir for the warm welcome! :)

@isuzu

got it for PhP 25k (excluding license and processing) sa Hahn. (i did not know any better) if i understand correctly, the one i have is the 4th iteration of the model (meaning it's the one with the picatinny rail and taurus lock sa back strap)

have fired 150 rounds pa lang. so far so good. no malfunctions. in SA, trigger pull is not that bad for me. it's the DA that's a pain. the trigger job will probably come later on when i learn to shoot straight. first priority ko yun sana. :)

Eye Cutter
05-10-2006, 00:06
kalabitin mo ng kalabitin (dry fire) for a week or so para lumambot trigger spring.

don't forget to put a dummy round or leather/cigarette filter as cushion between hammer and firing pin para hindi mabali fp mo.

krinkov
05-11-2006, 08:19
welcome to the BOG and if you need some help and i'm available, i'm more than willing to give you a few pointers...PM me.

toxic
05-14-2006, 01:42
welcome to BOG's Magister:rock: