kumanders' wrath [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : kumanders' wrath

sugarol
05-11-2006, 02:38
How come many kumanders will really pokpok very hard our heads when they find out how much we love our toys? And how much each costs? And how much we spend on accessories and ammo? God help us!!!

You need not go far imagining what i tell her. That it was a gift from a client, that i got it at a big 75% discount, that its free! :supergrin:

Vault Keeper
05-11-2006, 02:48
Idagdag mo, "napanalunan ko sa raffle sa club shoot..." :clown: :supergrin: , "bayad utang sayo..." :cool: :frown: , sabay galit kunwari!

sugarol
05-11-2006, 02:57
Ok yung bayad utang and raffle prize. Just in time, I am about to ran out of reasons na. Will pick up next week or so my G35, problem is I can't pass it off as my G21.

Really, why do some kumanders react negatively to our toys. My kumander, i feel, is not against the toy per se. I think its more of wasting money?

I'll tell her napulot ko sa mall yung G35.
:rollsmiley:

batangueno
05-11-2006, 03:20
Yung gf ko pa lang wife ko alam na nya na magastos ako sa hobby, kaya ngayong kasal na kami wala na syang angal. :supergrin: ...binigyan ko rin pala ng baril father-in-law ko...hehehe

wingz
05-11-2006, 03:29
re: kumander's wrath

Hi sugarol, gandang topic nitong binuksan mo sir, he-he-he...
My kumander naman is supportive when i told her then, that i'm going to buy my first gun. Warning nya lang sa kin, is to be a responsible gun owner. During sundays pag may time, i used to go to the range (armscor mcs) with her + the kulits (my 2 kids). The 3 of them strolls the mall while i shoot inside the range. Eto na...pagdating ng bayaran sa range, di ko malaman kung paano ko itatago sa kanya ang bill ko dahil ang allowed nya lang sa kin ay 50 pcs of ammo-reload pa! Eh ganado ako, ayun umabot ng 80 pcs range ammo pa. Buti na lang di nya nakita, kung hindi...mahabang tanungan aabutin ko. So far wala pa naman akong inaabot na DELUBYO from my wifey regarding my hobby... as long na di nya makikita mga resibo ko sa armscor. :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Nga pala, don't tell your kumander na napulot mo sa mall yung G35, tell her it's just a toy but you need to have it licensed! He-he-he :supergrin: :supergrin:

Wp.22
05-11-2006, 03:42
buti na lang ako nung single pa ako ng bilhin ko yung mga baril ko. Kasama pa siya nung bilhin ko yung p22 sa gun show sa megamall kay alam nya price. then binili ko yung USP ng kaibigan ko ng malaman nya sabi 15k lang mas mahal pa nga kako yung p22 di nya alam half lang yung price ng pagkakasabi ko dun sa USP.

ngayon kasal na kami we need to consult each other if meron kaming bibilhin ng more than 5k. pero di ko parin sinasabi yung totoong price ng mga airsoft guns ko baka itapon nya lahat.

mikey177
05-11-2006, 04:34
There should be a support group for guys like us.

And don't even get started about gun-related accessories like weapon lights, holsters, tactical knives, training books and videos, etc. Hay naku :upeyes:

maomanila
05-11-2006, 07:03
HAHAHAHAHA...

A CHARMING THREAD.

I remove the price tags of the gun magazines (as the publications for reading, not the ammo receptacle) I buy. I also told the missus that my S&W 686 is paltik made in Danao which I bought for P2,500. I also told her that I spent P150 for gun license and P350 for ptc. She also knows that my 125 grain Federal JHPs are only P10 each.

:laughabove:

maomanila
05-11-2006, 07:08
My biggest problem now is how to explain to her my AR15 project when it is finished. When she finds out, she might die of heart attack, maging byudo ako. Or in anger she shoots me with the AR, maging byuda sya. HAHAHAHA.

MR_BIG
05-11-2006, 08:04
Originally posted by sugarol
Ok yung bayad utang and raffle prize. Just in time, I am about to ran out of reasons na. Will pick up next week or so my G35, problem is I can't pass it off as my G21.

Really, why do some kumanders react negatively to our toys. My kumander, i feel, is not against the toy per se. I think its more of wasting money?

I'll tell her napulot ko sa mall yung G35.
:rollsmiley:

well, when my wife was still my gf, i was into teen chicks and those bang bus stuff, now shes telling her friends at least now i go home early after going to the range and she knows who im with, i quit smoking, i dont drink na sa labas and i go to church every sundays;) ;) ;)

krinkov
05-11-2006, 08:07
i guess eventually it becomes a matter of transparency. my wife at least knows the ballpark figure of how much my toys cost. only difference is, i was into this "thing" long before i met her so she's used to my militaria collection, guns and gear. besides, i'm not into the "expensive" stuff anyways. hehehe!

more importantly, i've taught her to appreciate the hobby so she would at least understand why i'm so addicted to shooting. thanks also to the fact that it was my "bread and butter" for a good two and a half years.

Allegra
05-11-2006, 08:28
Originally posted by MR_BIG
well, when my wife was still my gf, i was into teen chicks and those bang bus stuff, now shes telling her friends at least now i go home early after going to the range and she knows who im with, i quit smoking, i dont drink na sa labas and i go to church every sundays;) ;) ;)

ano po yung bang bus?

MR_BIG
05-11-2006, 08:51
yahoo sir, yahoo

krinkov
05-11-2006, 09:02
Originally posted by Allegra
ano po yung bang bus?

bus ng mga shooter?:upeyes:

MR_BIG
05-11-2006, 09:12
Originally posted by krinkov
bus ng mga shooter?:upeyes:

close:)

krinkov
05-11-2006, 09:23
close:)

yep, got the video....i've seen some close-quarter shooting--and the proper use of the night stick. bang...ugh...bang...ugh...bang...and it goes on and on and on and on....

9MX
05-11-2006, 11:40
i'm lucky because my wife is very supportive

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/BOGS/9mxleya.jpg

and because of that, i'd let her play with my new toy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/Open%20Para/para2.jpg

its an old pic, the blaster now has a Ti comp:cool:

isuzu
05-11-2006, 18:13
Get your wife to love practical shooting. I bet she'll spend more than you!:supergrin: That's what happened to my friend. He was shooting standard while the wife got an open gun.

i_am_infinity
05-11-2006, 18:29
Ako at gf ko tapos na dyan...sa daming ng tanong sinigawan ko at sabi ko wag na ako gulohin ng mga tanong na ganyan tapos ayun nagulpi tuloy....AKO!!! :supergrin: hehehe but seriously talk about honesty eh noh?! long before i met my gf i was shooting already and now we're together i told her about and she supports it and minsan sya pa bumibili mga components pang reload ko :) :) and she's looking forward to learn how to shoot pa nga eh so hehehe :)i'm happy...

i think it's just a matter of explaining to them and to show them that it doesn't affect the family budget...un lang naman yata ang reklamo nila diba?

casmot
05-11-2006, 18:30
Originally posted by 9MX
i'm lucky because my wife is very supportive

and because of that, i'd let her play with my new toy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/Open%20Para/para2.jpg

Kala ko ba, kay Leya yun new toy? :frown: :supergrin: Di ba yun ang paalam mo sa kanya? :devilish:

9MX
05-11-2006, 19:42
Originally posted by casmot
Kala ko ba, kay Leya yun new toy? :frown: :supergrin: Di ba yun ang paalam mo sa kanya? :devilish:

Yeah! verbally kanya, legally akin:cool:

Already done setting up the CR speed holster for her, she's read to rock this weekend, practice lang nga muna:laughabove:

darth board
05-11-2006, 20:39
bago ko pa nakilala misis ko nagshushooting na ko kaya tanggap na nya gastos ko sa baril kaya lang nagagalit minsan pag may out of town na laro lalo na pag mawawala ako ng 3 days kaya pagbalik ko puro suhol ang dala ko.:supergrin:

riddler
05-11-2006, 22:07
Originally posted by sugarol
Really, why do some kumanders react negatively to our toys?

simple question with a simple answer,.....ECONOMICS!

If what you spend on your toys is insignificant to the family budget, or if the expense of maintaining such a hobby is something that won't be missed, wives should not react negatively IMO.

But the problem is that there are some who put their hobby first before the family budget. Hard to explain why some people live beyond their means but the reality is that a lot do.

horge
05-12-2006, 06:41
simple question with a simple answer,.....ECONOMICS!

I'm not so sure it's automatically that rational.

Often enough a spouse's objections are merely indicative of
deeper grievances than one over a violation of fiscal good sense:
not enough quality time spent; too little attention paid; or perhaps
HER own purchasing proclivities are being unfairly suppressed.

Maybe I'm talking out of my rectum, since I don't have personal
experience of the topic-problem. However, I know quite a few
extremely well-to-do friends who can certainly afford the hobby
and so much more, but are nevertheless needled by their spouses for
the indulgence.

In my case, it is actually my wife who needs more restraint in the
context of firearm-related purchases: some years ago, she wanted to
get me a PPK, but I opted for a Bersa. Later, she promoted the idea
of my getting a Colt's NRM, but I declined in favor of an Armscor.
Sometimes, she gifts me with ammo/accessories for guns we don't have!
('Yet.' is her cheerful defense.)

I have my own insanities, mostly for her benefit, and then it is her
turn to restore logic to the equation.

Anyway, if one's spouse is objecting, it certainly may be JUST an
issue of fiscal responsibility, but one should also check if there
isn't some other, deeper grievance at work --if so, that is something
that must needs be addressed, all hobbies be damned.

:)
horge

royal glockster
05-12-2006, 08:51
Everytime i make "himas" on my guns, especially my baby m16, my wifey call me "nuts". Just ignored her, i must admit i'm really "nuts" when it comes to guns...:supergrin:

charlie-xray
05-12-2006, 10:45
Ako I almost got off when I declared my G23 as being 20K inclusive of license, pero nagkamali ako ng isama ko sa gunshow nung january06 nakita niyang naka-display yung glocks sa isang stall then tinanong sa salesclerk kung magkano raw ang Glock23 sabi ba naman nung girl ay 39K without license then ayun na bistado na....hehehe

toxic
05-12-2006, 22:29

in my case a little bit the same ..tinatakot ko na pag di nya ko pinayagan sa Hobby ko mambabae ako...pinapayagan naman ako but ayon nakabuntot naman lage .:supergrin: that is coz she enjoys the smell of gunpowder aswell.:thumbsup: i got no complain againts my wife ..shes lurking here :supergrin:

mikol
05-12-2006, 23:19
Originally posted by horge
or perhaps
HER own purchasing proclivities are being unfairly suppressed. :)
horge
bullseye horge. :laughabove:
but actually not being "unfairly suppressed" but rather "delayed for a moment" kasi nakukuha din nman nya yung gusto nya.(takot kulang noh kung di ko ibigay...) ;) ;) :supergrin:

darwin25
05-13-2006, 02:31
my gf wants me to sell all my guns. NEKNEK nya. Mag-break na lang kami.

pogi
05-13-2006, 03:13
Sugarol:
Because of this thread that you've started, ipagpapatayo kita ng rebulto in the middle of Armscor Firing Range in Marikina. Ang plate na ilalagay ko..."He dared to thread! "

Amused with the comments on this thread, I let my wife read them. While reading,the ONLY word that she kept on saying, repeat the ONLY word, was "TAMA!!!!

Horge:
Me and my wife paricularly liked the way you put those words together.
Sir, ikaw ba si Rene Saguisag?
Mga Bro, no matter WHAT sport or inclination we are in...PALAGING MAY IKO-KONTRA ANG MGA MISIS (MAYBE NOT ALL) NATIN.

I've been once a member of a group, catholic-charismatic one that conducted a study on this. Our group gives out lectures, shares family experiences and try to patch-up husband & wife relationships (Marriage Encounter), deepen relationship with God ( Life in the Spirit Seminar)with kids (Family Encounter) and further deepen couple realtionship (Family Life Deepening Seminar).

We had to conduct a study on below topic since this matter always pops-up in ALL arguments that we presided upon.

On the objective: WHY MAJORITY OF WIVES ARE CONTRADICTORY TO HUSBANDS' EXTRA FAMILY INCLINATIONS...please scan through.

Result of our study: On the premise that we are solo in a certain indulgence-excluding her. 3 reasons why:

1. Time: whatever time we spend on our indulgence(s), they will always take it as "minus-the-time" that we have to spend for her, kids or the whole family.
2. Money: whatever money we spend on our indulgence(s), they will always take it as "minus-the-money" that we ought to spend for her, kids, family and/or home. We had participants who were filthy rich but this reason came out as well.
3. "Bakit Siya Lang Attitude": this pertains to the feeling of wives being a sport-widow, e.g. "golf-widow", poker-widow, mahjong-widow, cycling-widow etc. PALAGI SILANG NAIIWAN!!

Our patch-up recommendations:
1. TIME: Husband must divide his time six-way equally: GOD, wife, work, kids, wife & kids and himself. GOD must be first-all others in any order. If we, husbands, devote time for her (alone), kids only, her and kids, then, WE OUGHT TO HAVE TIME (PERSONAL TIME) FOR OURSELVES. Surely, she will NOT contradict the time we will spend for our hobbies.
2. MONEY: Deep and real communication between spouses. Allow her to understand that your chosen sport is really expensive and will definitely NOT affect intended family budgets. On this, I always tell my wife that the money I spend or will spend for my guns WILL COME FROM MY EXTRA INCOME OUT OF EXTRA DEALS OR WORK OR CONSULTANCY THAT I'M ENGAGE IN. And this, we ALL can do. Tap your hidden talents. Teach how to shoot for fee.
3. ATTITUDE: We tell wives, "that is your own decision". Who told you na "magmukmok ka sa isang tabi" while your husband is out there playing golf. You, WIVES, MUST ALSO HAVE TIME FOR YOURSELVES ALONE (NOT WITH HUBBY/NOT WITH KIDS). Breath SOME AIR ALONE! Engage also in a sport, magpa-pedicure ka while hubby is firing or magpa-spa ka. Engage in leisure activity NOT HOUSE WORK. Kasi kung housework...LALO KANG MAAAWA SA SARILI MO NA ANG HUSBAND MO NAG-GOGOLF TAPOS IKAW NAG-TATRABAHO SA BAHAY.

Lastly, para lalong HINDI kumontra wife ko, I always tell her: "ANG DAMING HOLDAPAN NGAYON. AND DAMING CARJACKING. TALAGANG DAPAT LAGI TAYONG HANDA. Pero may gun ka nga HINDI mo naman alam gamitin. Talagang dapat MAG-PRACTICE AKO SA RANGE PARA SA ACTUAL NA SITUATION ALAM KONG GAMITIN BARIL KO. Lalu na kung SASALI pa ako sa mga competition, mas lalong kabisado ko baril ko."

AMEN!

krinkov
05-15-2006, 04:29
Originally posted by pogi
Sugarol:

Lastly, para lalong HINDI kumontra wife ko, I always tell her: "ANG DAMING HOLDAPAN NGAYON. AND DAMING CARJACKING. TALAGANG DAPAT LAGI TAYONG HANDA. Pero may gun ka nga HINDI mo naman alam gamitin. Talagang dapat MAG-PRACTICE AKO SA RANGE PARA SA ACTUAL NA SITUATION ALAM KONG GAMITIN BARIL KO. Lalu na kung SASALI pa ako sa mga competition, mas lalong kabisado ko baril ko."

AMEN!

NAKU, lalo pa't napakadami mong baril na kakabisaduhin!!!! kelangan proficient ka sa lahat...!

choi_tan2000
05-24-2006, 20:10
wow nice topis ha i enjoyed reading your post iba iba diskarte hahaha and me iba na katulad din ng story ko .

me i made my gf interested also with my guns and she was realy so suportive of it . in fact she bought me 2 new guns na and some accesories. maybe beacuse she saw how happy i am with it and nkakaiwas sa chicks heheehe

kasi ala naman me ibang bisyo kundi guns guns guns and guns only tska ung katulad din sa inyo C_ _ _ _ _ hehehe jok lng

minsan nga pakipot a ko eh gsto nya bili new gun sabi wag muna sayang hehe pero bibilhin ko din

tnx for reading BoGs

choi_tan2000
05-24-2006, 20:14
tama ka sir krinkov

kaya practice tayo lagi. but kidding aside i know two fellow shooters that proves that we are better and safe shooters na in actual gun battle. 1 i know is from bicol who shoot the 6 attackers of his father and kiled 4 of them.

and the other 1 frm south who defended himself from a robber.
and never shoot a by stander or inocent victim like wats happenning always pag me shoot out mga police diba.

tnx sir happy safe shooting

me i teach my gf the basics of shhoting at least she can protect me too.

pogi
05-24-2006, 20:20
choi_tan2000,
You are CORRECT!

Me, I'm looking for a GF para may maturuan din ako.
Sana, hindi ito mabasa ng wife ko!!!!!!!!!!!
Heheheheheheheheh!

choi_tan2000
05-24-2006, 20:24
hahhaha

tama ka sir pogi

im sure makakakuha ka gf. perooooo ingat lang im sure marunung na gumamit baril wife mu hhehe

just dnt tel her about this site hahaha para di nya mabasa

Pepe308
05-26-2006, 06:19
Originally posted by darwin25
my gf wants me to sell all my guns. NEKNEK nya. Mag-break na lang kami.

Bro, is this true? Does she know that you still have plans for a shotgun or have you given that one up?

darwin25
05-27-2006, 02:57
Originally posted by Pepe308
Bro, is this true? Does she know that you still have plans for a shotgun or have you given that one up?

Hindi nya naman malalaman na may shotgun ako hanggang di pa kami kasal. Ngayon nga ang akala nya yung 1911 lang ang gamit ko. Di nya pa alam na di ko binenta yung .22 magnum revolver and Daewoo and di pa nya alam yung NZ.

Pag tinatanong nya yung ibang baril sabi ko nabenta ko na. HEHEHE

Pepe308
05-27-2006, 04:57
Originally posted by darwin25
Hindi nya naman malalaman na may shotgun ako hanggang di pa kami kasal. Ngayon nga ang akala nya yung 1911 lang ang gamit ko. Di nya pa alam na di ko binenta yung .22 magnum revolver and Daewoo and di pa nya alam yung NZ.

Pag tinatanong nya yung ibang baril sabi ko nabenta ko na. HEHEHE

Opportunity for a blackmail, just what I've been waiting for! Give me your 1911 mags or else... ! :zipmouth:

theTactician
05-29-2006, 23:42
i guess, the best thing to do is to teach her how to shoot the gun including rifles so she can learn to enjoy our toys. if not, then you have no other choice but to tell her every toy that you wanna buy and show her who's boss. unahan mo na agad sabay bilihan mo na rin ng bagong perfume or whatever para pagdating sa bahay may pampalamig ng ulo. hehehe.