wilson combat parts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : wilson combat parts

cshermiel
05-11-2006, 09:36
good day.

would somebody kindly direct me to where i can purchase wilson combat parts here po sa metro manila?

thank you in advance.

i_am_infinity
05-11-2006, 18:32
Twin Pines Robinson Galleria or Twin Pines/Casa Armas in Makati Cinema Square...try mo din trust trade sa MCS mura mga parts dun although konti ang stocks pero baka maka tyempo ka.

isuzu
05-11-2006, 22:15
Just be careful with some gunstores selling "Wilson" products. Look at the paper insert (product information) on the parts. The authentic ones have very legible fine print on the paper. The copied ones have poor presentation of the product information.

Also check the workmanship on the parts, because unscrupulous gunstores mix fakes with the originals. Malas ka pag mabigay sa iyo yung peke.:)

paltik45
05-12-2006, 16:10
ano ba ang mga pyesa na hanap mo kabayan? Are you going to use it on your competition gun or carry gun. Ingat lang Kabayan ang dami na nagkalat na mga peke dyan sa atin ngayon. I dont see anything wrong with ARMSCOR parts and I think it is the proper fitting that counts. Plus the design and ergonomics of the ARMSCOR parts will hold its light against the US brands. I've used their products on my guns before and my brother is using it on his competiton gun to test how far it will hold. So far so good he said, and we aint gonna pay a premium price on a fake US made parts. BTW my brother is based in Baguio working in a Pharma. co. I hope this helps.;)

cshermiel
05-13-2006, 03:35
thank you so much for the info and at the same time for the warning.

if i get the parts from twin pines or trust trade, would i be guaranteed i'm getting the real thing?

among the parts i'm looking are the following:
- beavertail
- mainspring housing
- slide release
- tactical ambidextrous thumb safety

if the wilson combat brand is not available, any other good brand that you would recommend?

again thank you.

jasonub
05-13-2006, 04:27
beavertail-ed brown no contest
ms housing- any good brand
slide release-svi/egw
ambi- ed brown or kings, the former is preffered

nrmcolt
05-13-2006, 06:34
+1 on what Jasonub said, but if you happen to come across a Norinco MS Housing, grab it! I'll even bet my mother-in-law on the quality of the steel and the fitting:supergrin: ...Joke lang 'nay:supergrin:

isuzu
05-13-2006, 07:26
Originally posted by cshermiel
.if i get the parts from twin pines or trust trade, would i be guaranteed i'm getting the real thing?

- beavertail
- mainspring housing
- slide release

if the wilson combat brand is not available, any other good brand that you would recommend?

Again, be very careful in choosing the parts. These are my choices:

Beavertail - Wilson
Mainspring Housing - Norinco. My gunsmith makes mainspring housings which are very good.:)
Slide release - Wilson Bullet Proof Slide Stop
Tactical Ambi Safety - Wilson or Chip McCormick

For hammer and sear, I'd choose ChipMcCormick any day. Kimber wouldn't use them on their pistols if they were no good. Same with the sights.

paltik45
05-13-2006, 12:06
Just an addendum kabayan and IMHO on the "Non critical parts" just get the USGI or local brands like:

Mainspring housing- USGI or local (ARMSCOR, rock island,SAM) be sure to polish the inside for smoother gliding of the MSH cap and get a 19lbs. WOLF MSH spring. This will facilitate for the smoother retraction/gliding of the slide. 21lbs. kasi kalimitan yung factory MHS spring.

Slide release- USGI or ARMSCOR, but I prefer the USGI and I used to get those parts around Camp Crame when I was there. New in the brown wrap with powder dessicant and they have the drawing number on the wrap. Post 1990 made in Israel and matigas din but be aware of the USGI(Israel contract) EXTRACTOR medyo britle.

Beavertail safety- the last time I went to a gunshow here in Kansas city (march 2006)eh pareho na yung style ng WILSON at ARMSCOR. So why pay more and I dont see any clear advantage of the US made beavertail from the local.

Ambi safety- again most of them are investment casting to cut down cost. If you can find a forged or machined from steel billet the better but I doubt if you will find one. The key here is proper fitting by a competent gunsmith.

I hope this helps and it is up to you kabayan I just lay down the cards for you to think on. I am bidding on a portable ROCKWELL HARDNESS TESTER on E-bay to check on the hardness of gun parts. If I will be lucky enough to have one I will try to post/test the US and local gun parts. I hope this will end the debate between the US gunparts and the Local parts(Philippine made).

cshermiel
05-13-2006, 22:59
once again, i am so greatful to the people in this forum. you guys are so helpful.

thank you, thank you.

Hermo Gut
05-14-2006, 01:25
Originally posted by cshermiel
thank you so much for the info and at the same time for the warning.

if i get the parts from twin pines or trust trade, would i be guaranteed i'm getting the real thing?

- beavertail
- mainspring housing
- slide release

again thank you.

Hi Cshermiel,

For the parts you are looking, my humble suggestion (some coincide with others );

Beavertail - depending on the cut of your 1911 frame, the most popular is Ed Brown with memory groove. For Para high cap alike, Wilson or Smith and Alexander. Specify series 70 or 80 model, stainless is better in my opinion.

Mainspring Housing - any popular brand but I'll stay away from plastic ones. Norinco mainspring housing is good just like the others said but I'll have it checkered and polish the inside.

Slide Release - Wilson bulletproof or Ed Brown Hardcore. Norinco would also be a good choice if you have the part (together with its extractor).

Ambi Safety - if you prefer the wide paddled ambi safety go with Ed Brown, I prefer King's ambi safety (better interlocking mechanism)

To add, EGW has the hardest sear if you're going to replace one and their OS squared firing pin stop is one of the best.;)

cshermiel
05-14-2006, 12:09
i cant thank you people enough... you have been gracious with your ideas and suggestions.

thank you.

cshermiel
05-14-2006, 13:04
i cant thank you people enough... you have been gracious with your ideas and suggestions.

thank you.

batangueno
05-15-2006, 02:21
Don't forget to post a pic of your 1911. A before and after pic would be nice. :)

mtho
05-15-2006, 02:44
for the beavertail check out King's in twinpines it's almost identical with edbrown's except for the memory grooves.

wilson has several models of beavertails some are dropin parts and others are gunsmith fit highgrip.

I think edbrown has set the bar on high grip angle and comfort. kings and mccormick are almost the same with just minor variations.