Victoria's Secret Staff vs. Fredericks of Hollywood Staff [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's Secret Staff vs. Fredericks of Hollywood Staff

Nephilim
05-11-2006, 20:44
I went to both stores today... and my previous suspicion of the VS girls being -huge- *****es was confirmed. The FofH girls were super nice and went out of their way to be helpful... the VS girls I think were trying to pretend that I didn't actually have a baby with me as though in some sort of denial that lingerie leads to baby making :) You should have seen the staff at that store when Joy was pregnant. They were -so- freaked out by her being pregnant and shopping at Victoria's Secret that they wouldn't even look at her.

ShipWreck
05-11-2006, 20:59
http://weiweiworld.onestop.net/ttiwwop.gif

Nephilim
05-11-2006, 21:28
http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Corsets&product%5Fid=51786

I bought her one in black :)

Not all mother's day gifts have to be kid-centric or frumpy. I'm giving her a bottle of perfume, a silver picture frame with a picture of her and the baby in it, and a corset :)

Mrs. VR
05-11-2006, 22:29
oooh, I've been eyeballing those. To be honest, i MUCH prefer the stuff at Fredericks to the stuff at VS anyway. I like to order online though. I hate shopping.

Mwinter
05-11-2006, 23:01
Same experience here...both pre-wife and currently.

As a single schmuck, the gals at FOH would literally sit my dumb *** down and 'splain to me the vagaries of women's clothing sizing (not much worse than buying hot stuff and then it doesn't fit the gal!).

Now that I'm married, I buy even more stuff there...aside from the goodnatured ribs about how they wish they had my wife's legs, etc., the FOH employees have been consistently helpful and pleasant. My only complaint is that their stores have such a reduced selection from the online offerings---I LOVE going clothes shopping with the wife. Heck they even let me in the fitting room with her to help button/tie whatever we're looking at.

The VS staff have always seemed pretty stuck up to me, regardless of the circumstances. The last few years of VS with all the pink/pastel garbage have also reduced my spending there.

Nephilim
05-12-2006, 07:05
I agree about the pink/pastel thing... VS has definately shifted towards a younger demographic with all their bubblegum pink and cute "on the ass" slogan pants. Stupid stuff that only a highschool/college girl would wear.

And the girls there as you pointed out, are outrageously stuck up. Although interestingly enough in the same mall there is a VS fragrance store and the girls that work in the fragrance store are super nice. I think they are both married though if I remember right from hearing them talk to each other when I was in there. Perhaps being a bit older/married makes them less pretentious.

And for that matter... the lady that helped me as FofH had to be at least 38-40... but was -hotter- than the girls at VS who were probably no older than 26. What guy doesn't want to buy lingerie from a milftastic salesgirl?

SouthernGal
05-12-2006, 07:17
The only F of H in town went out of business years ago. They put it in a mall that has now been reduced to a pile of rubble. I did go in there more than a few times when I was much younger (early 20's) and did get my garter for my senior prom there because VS didn't carry any in black. I wish we still had one of these here but we don't. There is a really nice (and very expensive) lingerie store here but it is not a chain.

I agree totally on the subject that VS has moved to using pastels and is targeting a younger crowd now. I prefer darker jewel tones myself and they've gotten away from using those in the past few years. So without the choices I once had, I'm forced to shop VS whether I like it or not. But, as much money as I spend in the place, they know my name at the Oak Court store and they're always nice to me.

Maybe one day I'll find a guy who likes buying it for me or at least shopping for it with me :)

Mrs. Tink
05-12-2006, 09:34
Wow, I don't know if it is just my area that is unique or what! The VS staff here is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. And they aren't all under 25. :supergrin: I don't even get 10 feet into the door without them greeting me and offering to help. If I actually NEED help, they'll lead me straight to whatever I need.

I have noticed that they have created a line for younger women. But they put all that stuff at the front of the store--you have to go to the back for the good stuff. Just ignore the PINK fluff.

VS catalog shopping is great too. If you don't order online and you call an actual person, they'll spend time consulting with you about what your needs are and they make suggestions. I find it to be a really enjoyable experience.

For me, FoH stuff fits differently. My sis shops at FoH because she's full-figured, and she raves about their selection in that department. Not to say I don't like FoH, or that I haven't had a good experience shopping there. I just haven't noticed a difference in customer service between VS and FoH, and I prefer the fit of VS stuff.

Mrs. VR
05-12-2006, 10:52
oh, BTW, VS cupsizes run about a size smaller than everyone else too. I suspect it's a sales tactic :supergrin:

Hauptmann6
05-12-2006, 16:31
Originally posted by Nephilim
I went to both stores today... and my previous suspicion of the VS girls being -huge- *****es was confirmed.

did you go to the one on my side of town? I was in there picking up something for a freind that she can't get where she lives and they were really nice to me.

Nephilim
05-12-2006, 20:24
Originally posted by Hauptmann6
did you go to the one on my side of town? I was in there picking up something for a freind that she can't get where she lives and they were really nice to me.

They were -super- nice to me until I had a baby. I'm serious. Before the baby they would fall over themselves to help me. Now with the baby they won't even -look- at me. My wife had the same experience.

No baby, moderate to ok service. Baby, you're invisible. A few other moms we've talked to had a similiar experience.

Fredericks? The staff wanted to hold the baby and couldn't stop talking about how adorable she was.