One shot at winning or you lose [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : One shot at winning or you lose

widmn
05-12-2006, 13:59
What would your move be?
You may only have one shot. Maybe the guy is a hell of a lot bigger than you or 2 guys and to win you have to take out one guy fast.

I think mine would be a kick to the kneecap.
How about your's? Remember, you only get one chance so make it a good one.

AnimalK
05-13-2006, 15:19
Run.

Failing that, fake a groin kick, stepping in and crush his larynx.

Then run.

ChuteTheMall
05-13-2006, 21:50
Only one shot?
Go for the throat.

brock sampson
05-16-2006, 22:42
Can't really say. I train specifically not to take ONE shot. It would all depend on the variables. I'm thinking control rather than injure and hope he doesn't recover.

agarr
05-17-2006, 17:07
Either throat or eyes.......

My Wing Chun Sifu loves to teach the eye attack...........Gruesome.;)

BlackBelt
05-23-2006, 10:21
One shot only? And I get to pick which one? No questions about it. The HeadButt to his face (nose, eyes, mouth area).
Take out his 'computer', and the rest of the system crashes. One shot to the throat, or groin or eyes might miss. You don't 'miss' with the headbutt. You wrap your hand or hands around the back of his neck and throw the top of your head into his face. Works everytime. Shuts 'em right down.
Don't believe it? Go try it on the next person you see!:freak:

kikr
06-12-2006, 11:08
Neck twist take down, worst result is BG on ground and out of your way, next best is BG on ground and not able to shoot/stab you on your way out, best is BG on the ground and not able to sue you afterwards

gr81disp
06-13-2006, 10:48
Winchester Ranger XST .40 S&W between the eyes.

Seriously, Rear Naked Choke. I choose whether to teach him a lesson or kill him. Effective and can't really prove enough to sue me.

Nakkie
06-22-2006, 07:41
Originally posted by BlackBelt
One shot only? And I get to pick which one? No questions about it. The HeadButt to his face (nose, eyes, mouth area).
Take out his 'computer', and the rest of the system crashes. One shot to the throat, or groin or eyes might miss. You don't 'miss' with the headbutt. You wrap your hand or hands around the back of his neck and throw the top of your head into his face. Works everytime. Shuts 'em right down.
Don't believe it? Go try it on the next person you see!:freak:

Doesn't this open you to an attack first?

White Buffalo
06-29-2006, 22:05
Originally posted by Nakkie
Doesn't this open you to an attack first? not if you know how to clench.

Steel Talon
07-02-2006, 01:21
Originally posted by widmn
What would your move be?
You may only have one shot. Maybe the guy is a hell of a lot bigger than you or 2 guys and to win you have to take out one guy fast.

I think mine would be a kick to the kneecap.
How about your's? Remember, you only get one chance so make it a good one.

Hello widmn,

For me it would be one of the following strikes spear hand, ridge hand, or knuckle strike (panther) to the throat. However I'd have to set it up to expose the target for the strike

Spinning back-fist to the temple is another favorite of mine also, easy to execute and is very devastating.

Peace,
Steel Talon:cool:

katana8869
07-02-2006, 06:55
Can't really say. I train specifically not to take ONE shot. It would all depend on the variables.

+1. The key to stopping the attacker is to take out his ability to move, see or breathe. A fast combination (such as a snap kick to the knee, follwed by a solid reverse punch to the solor plexus, followed by an elbow strike to the nose or temple) will serve you better than betting it all on that ONE magic shot any day of the week.

With multiple attackers, movement is the key while keeping the attackers lined up so that they cannot both hit you at the same time.
Single accurate techniiques are more important here becase you have to make your hits count while moving rapidly to outmanuver your opponents.

Dalton Wayne
07-02-2006, 07:06
Hammer first to the bridge of the nose.

agalb
07-05-2006, 07:54
One move? Everything at stake?

Sorry, I couldn't resist......

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/agalb/karate-kid.jpg