OT:Primary Schools (South) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT:Primary Schools (South)

jprj
05-20-2006, 09:57
Got a six years old and a three years old kids. And I'm still searching for a good school for them. Found my self a newbie on this. Need advice on what criterias should I be looking at. Want to know what schools you know is good? (areas of Alabang- Las Pinas, Laguna, Cavite).

Allegra
05-20-2006, 11:10
Dami sa Alabang kung pre-school and elemntary

further down south I can recommend ( pre school to high school )
St Scholastica Westgrove , sa Ayala Westgrove kung girl
Ganda ng campus , on a great location
If you like to actively participate in school activities then magkakasundo kayo nila sister hehe

a few more years if yuor looking for a highschool -

If your kid reads Sionil Jose by the time she's 12 then
UP Rural HighSchool( hindi yung old UPRHS ) , it's like the Top Gun of high schools here in the South
Only the top 5 of elmentary schools usually make it w/ 2000 studes vying for 100 slots
Where Horge would have studied kung wala Pisay hehe
Your precocious kid has to defend her thesis by the time shes a junior
Tuition is a whopping......150pesos a year

Criteria?
Sa Preschool , dapat lang maganda mga teachers ( obvious pag puro tatay ang mga kumakaon )
Elementary ,dapat disciplined mga bata , well rounded at magaganda mga teachers
High school , ewan , mga anak ko na pumili ng high school nila

antediluvianist
05-20-2006, 21:38
Well, if you can take the Opus Dei lectures, and if you have a lot of money, Woodrose for Girls and I forget the name of the school for boys.

However, the teachers used to be chosen more for their observed piety than for how good they were as teachers. Some of those numeraries were pretty bad teachers. I hope that changed.

Allegra
05-21-2006, 03:52
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Well, if you can take the Opus Dei lectures, and if you have a lot of money, Woodrose for Girls and I forget the name of the school for boys.

However, the teachers used to be chosen more for their observed piety than for how good they were as teachers. Some of those numeraries were pretty bad teachers. I hope that changed.

Southridge

jprj
05-21-2006, 15:42
Salamat po Sir Allegra and Sir antediluvianist. Have noted all your inputs including the criteria on the teachers :)