PC games now with console controller support. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PC games now with console controller support.

syd55
05-20-2006, 13:13
FYI

For those who want to play PC games using a controller like the Xbox 360 one weather or not the game supports controllers.

<--- Off to go play some more counterstrike with controller.:beer:

http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com

fastvfr
05-22-2006, 20:46
Takes some time to get used to for us non-Console guys, though I did well with my old N64.

I have a client who plays Halo on a Vaio laptop and he uses a USB-adapted console 'troller.

When he saw how badly I did with his controller in-game he threw down a LAN challenge...one that he's probably still smarting from to this day! It was ugly.

I am of the opinion that a person can 'get better' with a keyboard and mouse than he/she could with a controller.

It's just that waiting to turn around and look behind my character is so ALIEN to me! A quick snap of the mouse wrist is the best solution for those quick 180's, IMHO.

BTW, I think he almost got me once during that frag session. Almost. And I'd never even PLAYED Halo before that day!!

Tvov
05-23-2006, 18:45
I've always wondered which is better. I am pretty much useless with a controller. What will be interesting is that a friend of mine is now playing BF2 online, and he uses a controller. He is a big gamer, and says he can't use a keyboard at all. I am looking forward to going up against him.

THEPOPE
05-23-2006, 19:00
It took me a loooooong time to admit that the keypad is the best for gaming, I was a control-freak for quite a while, but once I got used to the keyboard, I can do things with it that just can`t do with the contoller.

Now I use an N-52 pad, by Belkin, the Nostromo pad, exactly like the reg keyboard, but smaller, with a raised wrist area, for confort in my old age.

I play COD 1 + 2 at BILCOS PATLOR, if anyone wants to play this old fart.

imout

epsylum
05-23-2006, 21:53
Keyboard and mouse is the best for FPS games, but for driving and the like, controllers are the bare minimum (force feedback wheel and pedals are the best), for general use a controller is best.

But again, FPSes NEED a keyboard and mouse (or trackball if that is what you like). Halo was 1000x more fun on the PC just beacuse of the keyboard and mouse. Trying to play any console FPS just pisses me off and I wind up playing America's Army on my PC beacuse I can actually hit something that way.

malkore
05-24-2006, 16:48
for Final Fantasy XI, I found I needed a controller to play well. the keyboard sucked.

but for World of Warcraft, mouse/keyboard is perfect.

syd55
05-24-2006, 22:31
I think that we could debate this till the cows come home.
The bottom line for me is, the controller allows me to relax lean back on my sofa and enjoy a game at home.
The keyboard/mouse allows me to sit up at my desk and give me a faint feeling that I am still at work.:freak:

For this reason and this reason alone the controller is and will stay number one in my book.All the other advantages of the controller are just frosting on the cake.

The only downside with this program I have found, is that it doesn't allow for analog movement/control just digital walk/run style.

Not really its fault but the fault of the game maker.