armscor or norinco 1911 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : armscor or norinco 1911

kcboy
05-21-2006, 05:16
which one will you guys pick? they say the norinco because of the forge steel issue but some say armscor because it's proudly philippine made....

bertud ng putik
05-22-2006, 02:44
ako norinco, talagang mas matibay ang bakal kesa armscor.

kcboy
05-22-2006, 03:46
in terms of reliability, are they both the same or one is better than the other????

cebuboy
05-22-2006, 03:55
Originally posted by kcboy
in terms of reliability, are they both the same or one is better than the other????

my norc is reliable enough out of the box using ball ammo. needs some fine tuning if you plan to use wadcutters.

Valor1
05-22-2006, 05:33
Any moderately priced and reputable 1911 can be tuned to utmost reliability. Be sure to get the services of a competent gunsmith (dami nyan, you can ask the others).

Armscor is a very good choice. Everything about it is good enough for everyday plinking to competitive shooting. Parts are abundant and cheap. Anywas, basta naman 1911 madali magpalit ng parts.

I have a Norinco. I arrived at that decision since I saw my gusnmith working on it and can attest to the tenacity of the steel. In terms of crafstmanship and machine marks, bagsak na ang Norinco compared to an Armscor. The Norks are cheap but after I made some parts replacements and modifications inabot na ako ng around P40k. Ok na rin compared to buying a stock Colt Gov't tapos ipapamodify mo pa.

Whatever you choose, no problems naman siguro. You won't shoot them to kingdom come (probably 20k and above rounds) anyways. Well, if you do, you might have already spent a budget enough to buy 3-5 more 1911s.

bertud ng putik
05-23-2006, 02:59
ASTIG ANG NORINCO MO PARE!!!!!! SALUDO AKO!!!:)

Hermo Gut
05-23-2006, 05:34
Originally posted by Valor1
Any moderately priced and reputable 1911 can be tuned to utmost reliability. Be sure to get the services of a competent gunsmith (dami nyan, you can ask the others).

Armscor is a very good choice. Everything about it is good enough for everyday plinking to competitive shooting. Parts are abundant and cheap. Anywas, basta naman 1911 madali magpalit ng parts.

I have a Norinco. I arrived at that decision since I saw my gusnmith working on it and can attest to the tenacity of the steel. In terms of crafstmanship and machine marks, bagsak na ang Norinco compared to an Armscor. The Norks are cheap but after I made some parts replacements and modifications inabot na ako ng around P40k. Ok na rin compared to buying a stock Colt Gov't tapos ipapamodify mo pa.

Whatever you choose, no problems naman siguro. You won't shoot them to kingdom come (probably 20k and above rounds) anyways. Well, if you do, you might have already spent a budget enough to buy 3-5 more 1911s.

Amen! I'm with Valor1.:)

royal glockster
05-26-2006, 19:06
which one will you guys pick? they say the norinco because of the forge steel issue but some say armscor because it's proudly philippine made....

I dont have a norinco or armscor, but if i have to choose one, i'll choose norinco for the single stack category and armscor for the double stack category. Norinco SS is compatible with high-end parts while armscor hi-cap carries more ammo (14+1) as compared to norinco hi-cap (10+1 only), not to mention that it is compatible with paraOrd and mec-gar mags. Either way, i choose both of them. Sad to say, i dont own any one of those brands. Mine, however, is a low-end local SS 1911 and a high-end assembled double stack 2011. EXtreme,hehe.:cool:

kcboy
05-26-2006, 19:17
ive chosen a norinco, aside from it beingmade of forged steel, its parts can be interchangeable with anoy other 1911 so that's why i chose the norinco over the 1911.

royal glockster
05-26-2006, 21:43

I dont have a norinco or armscor, but if i have to choose one, i'll choose norinco for the single stack category and armscor for the double stack category. Norinco SS is compatible with high-end parts while armscor hi-cap carries more ammo (14+1) as compared to norinco hi-cap (10+1 only), not to mention that it is compatible with paraOrd and mec-gar mags. Either way, i choose both of them. Sad to say, i dont own any one of those brands. Mine, however, is a low-end local SS 1911 and a high-end assembled double stack 2011. EXtreme,hehe.:cool:

kcboy
05-27-2006, 07:15
would you buy the np44 norinco if it comes out? it's a 14 plus 1 1911 design. or would you still get the armscor for the hi cap?

blueeagle
05-28-2006, 03:52
mag ARMSCOR ka na lang. ang practical series ko na full size lamang na lamang sa mga nakita kong norks. ang lamang daw ng norks ay mas matigas ang bakal ng mga ito. pero may kano na nagpatest ng armscor/ria at ang resulta sa Rockwell Test ay 45! in fact, may isang thread na ang sabi " the metallurgy of armscor/ria pistols closely approximates that of WW II era Colts! not to mention na sariling atin ang armscor! :laughabove:

jimbullet
05-29-2006, 23:48
Just to comment - I too had previously owned an Armscor. Out of the box, it shot remarkably, with groups as good as my goldcup. Though it had issues like it needed fine tuning.

9MX
05-30-2006, 01:05
Originally posted by bertud ng putik
ako norinco, talagang mas matibay ang bakal kesa armscor.

this would only come to play if you're a high volume shooter. but regular plinking, i guess its even steven. though it feels nice to know your gun's metal can withstand abuse.

as for armscor, its pretty reliable. mcoliver's hi-cap has about 23k+rounds plus the abuse from the mcolikot king himself.:supergrin:

rico papa, one of our top guns in the modified division uses armscor also

kcboy
05-30-2006, 04:32
sayang, i bought my norince 1911 already, i guess i'll just buy an armscor 40sw balang sa armscor.;)

Hermo Gut
05-30-2006, 05:38
sayang, i bought my norince 1911 already, i guess i'll just buy an armscor 40sw balang sa armscor.;)

Sige Kcboy, bili ka nung Armscor Medallion model then give us your own feedback compared to your Norinco Police model (once na-customize mo na sya kamukha nung kay Nelany).;)

9MX
05-30-2006, 05:42
Originally posted by Hermo Gut
Sige Kcboy, bili ka nung Armscor Medallion model then give us your own feedback compared to your Norinco Police model (once na-customize mo na sya kamukha nung kay Nelany).;)

just would like to add, mco replaced the internal parts of his hi-cap. the frame and barrel remained to be armscor's.

imho, if i were to get one, i'd get the barest hi-cap, so that i can do all the mods that i like:)

Eye Cutter
05-30-2006, 06:59
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/trojan3.jpg

i used an imperial defence ranger 1911A1 GI model as base for this project 1911. turned out rather nicely, eh?

:cool:

batangueno
05-30-2006, 08:47
Wow bago grips ah, STI Trojan na talaga ang dating. :thumbsup:

mc_oliver
05-30-2006, 13:27
Doc, yang singlestack mo gamitin natin sa IDPA, para naman magkaroon ng "match scars" yan. ;)

Yung open gun ko will sport an armscor frame. Konting-konti na lang mabubuo na. Pera na lang kulang...:clown: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Eye Cutter
05-30-2006, 16:01
pang altar lang yan! i tried installing an EE sear and discon in the ranger. maliit yung butas ng sear for the pin, baka kung ano pa magyari so di ko na lang tinuloy.

paul: kelan darating yung commander mo???

mc_oliver
05-31-2006, 13:53
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
pang altar lang yan! i tried installing an EE sear and discon in the ranger. maliit yung butas ng sear for the pin, baka kung ano pa magyari so di ko na lang tinuloy.

Teka, san galing yang EE sear and discon mo? Kala ko ba wala na. Mey hammer ba yang kasama? :supergrin:

Eye Cutter
05-31-2006, 16:21
kay tigra yun! wag ka na mag EE. meron ka na naman egw sear and discon. kuha ka na ng koenig hammer!

batangueno
05-31-2006, 21:00
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
This week daw :woohoo:

mtho
06-03-2006, 12:25
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Doc, yang singlestack mo gamitin natin sa IDPA, para naman magkaroon ng "match scars" yan. ;)

Yung open gun ko will sport an armscor frame. Konting-konti na lang mabubuo na. Pera na lang kulang...:clown: :supergrin: :supergrin:

mco,
yung bagong armscor frame ba yun nakuha mo? yung walang butas sa ilalim ng grips? ano na itsura ng open gun mo?

vchange
06-08-2006, 03:37
gunstore told me that norinco is better than armscor.They said that the metal used for norcs are really tough and it makes hard for the gunsmit to work with it . I dont know but still i took armscor for personal reasons. Tech support is just there in parang marikina and they reply promptly to my emails.

isuzu
06-09-2006, 00:43
Fellow BOGs,

Who makes Imperial Defence pistols?

blueeagle
06-09-2006, 02:22
imperial defence is a british firm. one of their products is the ranger 1911A1. these pistols are either made or assembled in vietnam. their target market is the phil to compete with armscor, sam and norinco. judging from their products they still have a long way to go to catch up with our very own armscor.:laughabove: and i hope it stays that way!!!(sabay kanta ng lupang hinirang!!!):cool:

isuzu
06-09-2006, 19:31
Thanks, Blueeagle. I've seen an Imperial Defence pistol, and I think Armscor is still superior to it. Somebody got sold an Imperial Defence for P35,000 and I felt the guy was taken for a ride.

vchange
06-09-2006, 19:32
I remember asking it in other forum site. The Imperial Army ranger 1911 accuracy and durability but no one knows about it. It was made in vietnam and parts from england as stated in on its tag. I find it interesting because it is cheaper than norinco, SAM,RIA and armscor. It is widely available here in the phils and also it has good finish. If the metal is really from england it will be a very good metal but who knows?

blueeagle
06-10-2006, 04:42
sir isuzu, imperial defence ranger 1911A1's government model sell for P16,500 (unit only) at one of the leading gunstores in SM Megamall. plus roughly P5000 for the license (no-show application).:cool: other models are the compact enhanced, government enhanced and a hi-cap.

pipo
06-12-2006, 06:16
ok alright. So if im in the market for another 1911 (hicap) soon which one should i look for? ARMSCOR or NORINCO? My last armscor practical series beat my norinco police in the finish department hands down. Reliability and accuracy was just about the same. I haven't had that much rounds on both pistols. I actually only considered norinco because of the post in this and other 1911 forum. It being hard steel and all. But Norinco is coming out with the NP44? Will it be worth the wait?

blueeagle
06-12-2006, 17:26
pipo, go to the norinco website " norinco equipment.com" there is a picture of the NP 44 there. it is a clone of the para 14.45 daw. :shocked:

mtho
06-12-2006, 18:50
i went to trust trade and asked about the np44. we tried the para mag in it, it went in but wont lock with the mag catch, might just be a little adjustment needed. when we tried the np44 mag in the para it went in and locked with the magcatch with no problem.

kcboy
06-17-2006, 20:38
does trust trade have an actual unit on display already? how much was it?

mtho
06-18-2006, 10:44
yup they have one on display at galleria but its not for sale

kcboy
06-18-2006, 17:20
nyeh, may display but not for sale???? wala din po ba pricing???? mukhang iintroduce nila ito sa july gun show....

vchange
06-18-2006, 18:55
actually the display item needs 3 months of processing to make it available for sale. I was trying to buy a display before but they said it was registered in camp crame for display only. It might take long to change the registration.Correct me if im wrong.

kcboy
06-18-2006, 22:35
di ba nakakatakot if the units are in crame, wont the people there change parts esp when 1911 pistols are interchangeable???

royal glockster
06-19-2006, 07:46
di ba nakakatakot if the units are in crame, wont the people there change parts esp when 1911 pistols are interchangeable???

all brand new units are stored in Camp Crame-FED. Each gun importer has its own bodega at the back of FED office. Units found in gun stores are for display purposes only>>> :cool:

kcboy
06-19-2006, 09:50
so the people at fed have no access to the warehouses of the gun importers.