Reamer? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reamer?

atmarcella
05-21-2006, 08:44
any of you guys know a gunsmith who has a "finish reamer"? i need to have my barsto .40 barrel reamed.

this is what some guys at benos forum advised me to do:

The Bar-Sto's I've had, I've had to go from a .420 crimp to a .418 and that helped. When I went to the tighter crimp, I didn't see any pressure signs to worry about and it didn't hurt accuracy... But some I've had to ream a little.

The lead bullet dia. is about .002 bigger than jacketed. If the throat is not reamed for lead it won't go in. You need to use a .402 chamber reamer to run in the chamber. Most custom smiths use this reamer so the guns will run anything from jacketed to lead.

They make 2 reamers, one that's .401 & one that's .403. If your chamber was cut w/ the .401, it was set up for jacketed only & needs to be re-cut w/ the .403 for lead. Lead is about .402 & won't alway's feed in the smaller chamber.

The throating reamer is made by Clymer. I would call around your area and try to find a gunsmith that might have a throating or finish reamer, because reamer's aren't cheap.

so do any of you guys know who has a ".403 finish reamer"???

thanks a bunch;)

i_am_infinity
05-21-2006, 10:35
just have a smith ream it...my barsto never had any problems since my smith reamed it already. so far i haven't experienced any ammo probs...my crimp is around .416 - .420 i think.

Django
05-21-2006, 19:26
Try the gunsmith of Final Option in San Juan. Call their number 7265611 and look for Delio. He installed and reamed my Glock 17 Barsto barrel. Tell him you and I are "kababayans" and that I referred you.

atmarcella
05-22-2006, 08:51
thanks atty., i owe you one;)

atmarcella
05-22-2006, 09:00
just have a smith ream it...

i was looking for one infinity ;)

Originally posted by i_am_infinity
my crimp is around .416 - .420 i think.

why is it judge said when he went lower than .420 the heads get damaged by over crimping? doesnt this happen to you???

Django
05-22-2006, 17:25
No prob Andrew. Good luck in your new project.

i_am_infinity
05-22-2006, 20:00
Originally posted by atmarcella
i was looking for one infinity ;)

why is it judge said when he went lower than .420 the heads get damaged by over crimping? doesnt this happen to you???

so far the heads didn't show any problems, i'm using Lee FCD and i'm sure Judge is using the same (tama po ba? :) )

btw, not to bash final option or anything...i just had so many bad experiences with them...

Django
05-23-2006, 01:16
btw, not to bash final option or anything...i just had so many bad experiences with them...

Really? Final Option in San Juan or MCS?

i_am_infinity
05-23-2006, 03:07
in San Juan, had them installed something on my single stack and i had to pay double for that because they made a "boo boo" with my gun...para bang experiment ang ginawa nila.

Django
05-23-2006, 03:31
Sorry to hear that Jay.

That's why you need to know the individual gunsmith. There are three of them there in Final Option San Juan.

Luckily, I ended up with the good one.

This guy installed my barsto barrel and later the steel sight of my Glock 17. No problems.

And he did not even charge me anything for it!

:)

Hermo Gut
05-23-2006, 05:46
Originally posted by Django
Try the gunsmith of Final Option in San Juan. Call their number 7265611 and look for Delio. He installed and reamed my Glock 17 Barsto barrel. Tell him you and I are "kababayans" and that I referred you.

Basta si Atty. nagrekomenda sigurado aprub.:highfive: Thanks again sir for the support here in Iloilo.:)

Django
05-23-2006, 06:21
Hi Hermo. Long time no post. :supergrin:

atmarcella
05-23-2006, 08:22
hermo,
kyo yung gumagawa ng erport dyan sa iloilo ano????? kamusta? kelan matatapos? gusto ko next uwi ko bagong erport na landing ko..... though the old one is just 5 mins from home..... oh well its was good while it lasted..... ano kaya gagawin nila sa lumang erport..... sarap gawin dragstrip! hehehehehe

batangueno
05-23-2006, 08:23
so far the heads didn't show any problems, i'm using Lee FCD and i'm sure Judge is using the same (tama po ba? :) )

JJ, lead ba gamit mo or fmj heads?

i_am_infinity
05-23-2006, 09:33
Originally posted by batangueno
JJ, lead ba gamit mo or fmj heads?

Teflon ng first opt...masaydo mahal fmj although i would want to use that. :)

sir django,

i was able to talk to Ely himself and he assured me of the work that was going to be done...come pick up day he was on vacation and left it with one of the machinist there...

mc_oliver
05-23-2006, 14:29
'Drew, bago mo ipa-ream yang barrel mo try mo muna i-polish yung loob. Either dremel o rotary drill, tapos felt tip swabbed in either JB bore paste o flitz. ;)

batangueno
05-23-2006, 23:21
Originally posted by mc_oliver
'Drew, bago mo ipa-ream yang barrel mo try mo muna i-polish yung loob. Either dremel o rotary drill, tapos felt tip swabbed in either JB bore paste o flitz. ;)
:nailbiting: nakakatakot 'yan... si mco lang yata malakas ang loob na gawin 'yan. :supergrin:

Eye Cutter
05-23-2006, 23:27
hehehe! i polish the chamber and ramp of my pistols using flitz and my dremel tool all the time! gamit ko yung cylinder shaped na felt tip.

siyempre huwag masyado madiin para di maubos bakal!

nyahahahahaha!:supergrin:

atmarcella
05-24-2006, 07:00
cge cge thanks guys!!!! i will try polishing first b4 reaming, i will also experiment on adding crimp to the bullets to the point na kakagat na sya sa lead... then if all else fails ill ask for directions to final option san juan, thanks again guys!!!!;) ;) :)

mc_oliver
05-24-2006, 11:53
Polish mo rin to a mirror shine yung breech face dre. At check mo yung lower kanto ng extractor claw, where the rim slides in. Dapat walang kanto dito or it will catch the rim causing FTF's. ;)

After that, consider ka na ng mag upgrade to a 1911 since marunong ka nang mag-polish. Nyahahaha!!!:supergrin: :supergrin:

atmarcella
05-24-2006, 16:50
meron ako dalawang single stack sa iloilo, a .45 and a super .38, antayin ko nalang yun;) sarap iputok ang super parang .22 lang:supergrin:

Hermo Gut
05-25-2006, 06:45
Originally posted by atmarcella
hermo,
kyo yung gumagawa ng erport dyan sa iloilo ano????? kamusta? kelan matatapos? gusto ko next uwi ko bagong erport na landing ko..... though the old one is just 5 mins from home..... oh well its was good while it lasted..... ano kaya gagawin nila sa lumang erport..... sarap gawin dragstrip! hehehehehe

Hi Atmarcella, yung target completion ng mga buildings ay sa Oct.2006. Medyo mahihirapan pa sa airfield kasi tag-ulan na naman, baka abutin pa ng mid 2007. Yung lumang airport retain pa rin for domestic use. Sunod na projects dito sa Iloilo ay yung flood control (under Hanjin / China Const.), initially mga bridges sa Pavia and Jaro. Ok balik na tayo sa orig. topic, sorry for hijacking. ;)

atmarcella
05-25-2006, 06:47
thanks for the update hermo, thats good news!